Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Of course you are not. That would be too embarrasing to claim such a thing about PC.
    So someone doesn't feel embarrassed to claim it on Takahashi then. How pathetic it is that "the best artistic skater ever" wouldn't be recognized by the judges and the fans other than his ubers.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    So someone doesn't feel embarrassed to claim it on Takahashi then.
    Of course. That would be to embarrassing to feel embarrassed because of making such a claim.

Anything constructive?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Anything constructive?
    Of course.

The constructive thing is that Takahashi has his high place in artistic contributions in figure skating. But he is certainly not THE most artistic skater ever. He isn't even the most artistic skater amongst the currently active skaters.

Nm
    Last edited by Mathman; 05-03-2013 at 12:44 PM.

Custom Title
    Who do you think is the most artistic, BB?

I think in terms of musicality, interpretation and expression Takahashi is the most "artistic" among current skaters. Of all time, he's certainly not the most artistic, but he's up there for me... and kudos for being such an artistic skater in spite of having to execute all the difficulty too. In terms of artistic ability on the blade, edge work, and choreography, Chan's the best amongst currently active skaters... but I'd still say overall Takahashi is the most artistic.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Who do you think is the most artistic, BB?

I think in terms of musicality, interpretation and expression Takahashi is the most "artistic" among current skaters. Of all time, he's certainly not the most artistic, but he's up there for me... and kudos for being such an artistic skater in spite of having to execute all the difficulty too. In terms of artistic ability on the blade, edge work, and choreography, Chan's the best amongst currently active skaters... but I'd still say overall Takahashi is the most artistic.
    I've said it earlier in this thread. I think it's Jeremy Abbott. Jeremy can express big variety of music with almost equally convincing skating to successfully highlight the best of that music. He could skate like a charming young man with inner power. He could also skate like a female ballerina (though I hate that).

I think Takahashi interpretes and expresses perfectly in certain narrow ranged music. It has become his style. A few ventures outside that narrow range, he was ordinary and sometimes he still used a part of that same style. My main complain is his fingers and his wrists. But his wrists suited perfectly in Blues for Klook.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I've said it earlier in this thread. I think it's Jeremy Abbott. Jeremy can express big variety of music with almost equally convincing skating to successfully highlight the best of that music. He could skate like a charming young man with inner power. He could also skate like a female ballerina (though I hate that).

I think Takahashi interpretes and expresses perfectly in certain narrow ranged music. It has become his style. A few ventures outside that narrow range, he was ordinary and sometimes he still used a part of that same style. My main complain is his fingers and his wrists. But his wrists suited perfectly in Blues for Klook.
    Ah, right I keep forgetting about Abbott. Yeah, I agree that Takahashi's range of interpretation is for flashier/sexier interpretations (like tangos, blues, etc.), whereas Abbott has this "contemporary"/"experimental" look to his artistry that really pleasant and unexpected to watch. I do think Takahashi does have better expression, but Abbott is far more creative and avant garde in his choreography (maybe even more than Chan). In terms of skating skills, Abbott is almost on par with Chan, and maybe slightly better than Takahashi. I would love to see Abbott break out and do a wilder number or skate to something more anthemic rather than his typical classical music... he seems to have an introverted artistry that draws you in rather than projects outwards (which is fine, too).

I also see what you mean about Takahashi's hands/wrists... sometimes they really suit the music, other times I find them excessively fluid, soft, and borderline effeminate. My main issue with him is that he doesn't exude the confidence or have the same speed going into some of his jumps as the other guys, and they appear to be hurdles instead of seamlessly integrated... particularly in the latter half of the program he almost goes into them 'lazily'.

Custom Title
    Most artistic of all time: Curry, Cousins, Cranston, Browning, Yagudin. That's in no particular order.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Most artistic of all time: Curry, Cousins, Cranston, Browning, Yagudin. That's in no particular order.
    I know most will disagree, but I never considered Yagudin "artistic" but rather "passionate". A lot of his moves looked sloppy (like his spins at the end of his programs) and his posture during stroking was not very good.

Custom Title
    That's just about my list, except I'd add Takahashi.

Mathman, I'm intrigued by your "nm." Do you mean it algebraically?

+ Plushenko. no doubt. that's your opinion, sorry. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fy13XYEpnI0 Plushenko and Vitas

and many - many montages about Plushy's art... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A1euIAKGZp4 Ludovico Einaudi...Love is a mistery...

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Mathman, I'm intrigued by your "nm." Do you mean it algebraically?
    Never Mind. I wrote something I thought better of.

great artists? Buttle and Lambiel. And Wylie would beat Yagudin in that category as a pro...superb.

Custom Title

Quote Originally Posted by bestskate8 View Post
    how forgot about them????? ( CSG will tell me, they're not artistic, because they do not skate on one leg )

Thank you for the links!!!!!! This is Russian style!! Ovchinikov!!!! Bobrin!!

Some skating fan can deny Plushy's art, but the love what he gets from the people, no one can take away from him
    .... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9h53_qvQjNM

Page 24 of 51 FirstFirst ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... LastLast