Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title? | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
No, his influence was from his skating rather than the rival thing.
Don't worry. Even if it was, you, i.e.Yag fans, buried it long time ago :bang::
We are here, ready to worship him !
Yeah, Yagudin is so respected that his fan fest thread has 14 replies and fans keep talking about him like he were dead: Yagudin was, Yagudin did, etc. Did you check his videos recently, some of them are very exciting?:popcorn:
:rofl::agree:

Icey

Record Breaker
So after 262 comments we have the answerS to the original question: Maybe, Yes, No, Don't know.........ANYBODY WANT TO GO BACK AND DO A TALLY TO SEE WHICH ANSWER.......WON.:laugh:

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
Oh boy, back to Yagudin again? Why oh Why, I only see Yagudin mentioned in a Plushenko thread?

It doesn't help that Plushy ubers answered back with the longest post/posts listing all the detailed "reasons" that Yagudin shouldn't be the best.:laugh:

We are here, ready to worship him !

Actually, my reason was only to defend him where he should be defended.

yaya124

On the Ice
It doesn't help that Plushy ubers answered back with the longest post/posts listing all the detailed "reasons" that Yagudin shouldn't be the best.:laugh:

Actually, my reason was only to defend him where he should be defended.

Same as plushyfan defends Plushenko :popcorn:

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
What happens when someone wanders in here who likes both of them, who ubers their battle and understands that neither could be what they are without the other?

*shrugs and looks at her collection of videos of both of them*

ciocio

On the Ice
What happens when someone wanders in here who likes both of them, who ubers their battle and understands that neither could be what they are without the other?

*shrugs and looks at her collection of videos of both of them*

He/She can watch some Yagudin vs Plushenko montages on Youtube. :thumbsup: Or some legendary NBC fluffs about their rivalry, starring Plush, Yags, Mishin, TAT and Lenin . :popcorn:

LRK

Record Breaker
I think Joubert's Euro win was well deserved (and it was rare to see Plushenko so off his game). I think, like Lambiel, if he were more consistent, he could have definitely challenged Plushenko because his jumps when he was on were some of the loveliest I've ever seen with a flowing edge on the landing, and his basics were (and still are) lovely. It's unfortunate that with IJS his artistry/choreography diminished and he focused on the jumps (didn't help that he kept doing the same Matrix program, either). It's kind of weird now that his artistic marks are so low, even when he skates relatively clean -- you don't really see PCS marks drop for such a successful skater. Kinda disappointing that he's choosing Gladiator (another manly anthem) as next season's program... but hopefully David Wilson can bring the elegance back in his skating.

I know this is terribly OT, but as a Brian fan I have to ask - David Wilson? Is he working with him? On what - the new SP? I'm very curious, so if you know something - anything! - I'd be really grateful! Thanks in advance! :)

LRK

Record Breaker
He/She can watch some Yagudin vs Plushenko montages on Youtube. :thumbsup: Or some legendary NBC fluffs about their rivalry, starring Plush, Yags, Mishin, TAT and Lenin . :popcorn:

Lenin?!? Do I even want to know.... ?

Meanwhile, for those who want to celebrate Yagudin - rather than merely use him to disparage Plushy - there's always this thread:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/showthread.php?39933-Alexei-Yagudin

Though You, ciocio, need scarcely be told that as it is of your own creation. :) But as a general piece of info to others...

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
You have your opinion, and I've said mine. I was talking about my opinion of Yagudin, which I haven't written in this thread at all (so I don't get why you're saying I'm writing many times thus far). Your personal opinion is that Yagudin's only influence on skating is being Plushenko's rival, which is inaccurate (in my opinion). There was a lot of back and forth wins between them (Yagudin winning the majority of them if he skated clean), but Yagudin's technical and artistic capabilities dominated the entire field.

You talk about 6.0's? How about 6.0's from the 2002 Olympics -- the most important competition between Plushenko and Yagudin -- which Yagudin easily won, and artistically dominated Plushenko... three 6.0's to Plushenko's zero 6.0's.

Oh, yes. That was the most important competition, where Plushy did a big mistake in short Porogram. But if you want to be correct, Yag wasn't the dominant skater. So, Yagudin had 3 6.0s in total? :cry: That is not too convincing to Plushy 70 6.0s. :laugh: And you always want to forget, Plushy was almost three years younger......you compare when they were 15, 16, 17, 18 y.o. etc ...

he can skate like an American, but that isn't suits for him in my opinion. he can't be passionate to his music..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9gyjnsLeIw the choreographer is Zhulin

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I wasn't expecting a Plushy uber to say anything differently.;) But obviously, you are totally wrong on this one.

You have completely read my post in a wrong way. Where did I say "Dai is the most artistry skater today"?!

The only time I've said close to this meaning about him was this:

http://www.goldenskate.com/forum/sh...-a-campy-sport&p=732465&highlight=#post732465

So I suspect you have taken the idea from my this post. I've said that he was crowned as such. I didn't say and didn't mean to say that it was from me. It was actually from his ubers. If you ask me, I think Takahashi is an artistic skater. But his artistic ability range is quite narrow. He is good at a certain type of artistry and that certain type alone. If any, I think Jeremy Abbott is the most artistic skater in today's competitive skating.

Secondly, the most artistic skater of today doesn't mean the most artistic skater ever. These are two completely different concepts.:p :
Sorry, if i was wrong. I could not remember exactly what you wrote on Dai. Abbot? He is always the same, is not exciting.

Same as plushyfan defends Plushenko :popcorn:
Yes, this is what I'm doing.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
And I want to cheer! (Personally, I hate exercise, which makes it quite funny, actually... :) ) Yay! And so long as he's happy. :)

ETA - And I was a tad too quick to post - as I hit the button I realised that I wanted to thank you so much plushyfan for keeping us informed! Oh, and since I'm on the topic, I also want to thank you for posting about 2005 Worlds' - knowing all that made me feel quite weepy, and I finished off by watching his SP - with BESP commentary, of course! "A look of defiance."

My pleasure. I'm knowledgeable from Evgeni's book: Another show , you can download. http://www.mediafire.com/?z9ziocao3m3a1
If you have time, it's worth reading. A little part of his greatness.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Oh, yes. That was the most important competition, where is Plushy did a big mistake in short Porogram. But if you want to be correct, Yag wasn't the dominant skater. So, Yagudin had 3 6.0s in total? :cry: That is not too convincing to Plushy 70 6.0s. :laugh: And you always want to forget, Plushy was almost three years younger......you compare when they were 15, 16, 17, 18 y.o. etc ...

It's impressive how many 6.0s Plushenko had... but let's not forget that several of those were from Russian Nationals (I mean it's not like he's ever been overscored at Russian Nationals, right?), and the majority of the rest were from international competitions that weren't against Yagudin, and many were from the years after 2002 where the judging panel had 11-14 judges, so greater chances to earn 6.0.

And unlike Yagudin, he never scored 6.0s at the only Olympics that the two faced off against. If you're comparing age, well, Evgeni was the reigning World Champion so it's not like he hadn't reached his peak as Yagudin had. That was really the one competition that decided the whole "who's better" thing, and Plushenko didn't even come close to beating Yagudin in either of the two segments. Yeah, he had a big mistake in the SP, but he also lost the FS too by a considerable margin... I mean look at the scores http://www.icecalc.com/events/owg2002/results/SEG002.HTM

Regardless, I don't think people measure Yagudin's prowess based on the number of 6.0's the judges gave him rather than the quality of skating and artistry - and not just great jumping - that he brought to the ice. I'd say Plushenko's certainly the better jumper of the two, but in terms of all-round skater, Yagudin definitely gets the nod from me. To me, his 2002 Olympic FS is the best in the past 20 years.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
It's impressive how many 6.0s Plushenko had... but let's not forget that several of those were from Russian Nationals (I mean it's not like he's ever been overscored at Russian Nationals, right?), and the majority of the rest were from international competitions that weren't against Yagudin, and many were from the years after 2002 where the judging panel had 11-14 judges, so greater chances to earn 6.0.

And unlike Yagudin, he never scored 6.0s at the only Olympics that the two faced off against. If you're comparing age, well, Evgeni was the reigning World Champion so it's not like he hadn't reached his peak as Yagudin had. That was really the one competition that decided the whole "who's better" thing, and Plushenko didn't even come close to beating Yagudin in either of the two segments. Yeah, he had a big mistake in the SP, but he also lost the FS too by a considerable margin... I mean look at the scores http://www.icecalc.com/events/owg2002/results/SEG002.HTM

Regardless, I don't think people measure Yagudin's prowess based on the number of 6.0's the judges gave him rather than the quality of skating and artistry - and not just great jumping - that he brought to the ice. I'd say Plushenko's certainly the better jumper of the two, but in terms of all-round skater, Yagudin definitely gets the nod from me. To me, his 2002 Olympic FS is the best in the past 20 years.

You are fanny. So Plushy's 70 6.0s do not mean quality skating, only good jumps? OMG! But Yagudin's 3 6.0s are everything. :laugh: Plushy got many 6.0s from international judges. But I have a question, why Yag didn't receive 6.0s on Rus Nats???? And you also don't forget, Plushy received his first 6.0 when he was 16 y.o, in Japan, not in Rus Nat. But if you love Yagudin's program in SLC, do it! but you don't deny what is obvious.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Of course yagudin beat plushenko by a big margin in the fs! Plushenko was trying to salvage his Olympics and going all out and tried a 4/3/3 but I am pretty sure the credit was all for the 4/3 because of the major stepout on the last triple loop in that combo. Also did triple axel triple flip seq. While yagudin was replacing an axel with a salchow. So plushenko was trying to redeem himself and go all out while yagudin even though he did 2 quads and everything scaled down a little. So you can't ignore that plushenko wasn't seen as 6.0 worthy with his fall in the sp and mistakes in jump combo and also not beig seen as good as yaguidn there.

Crap! Talking about yagudin! Plushenko threads are used by people to talk about him to say plushenko is a lesser skater.

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
Of course yagudin beat plushenko by a big margin in the fs! Plushenko was trying to salvage his Olympics and going all out and tried a 4/3/3 but I am pretty sure the credit was all for the 4/3 because of the major stepout on the last triple loop in that combo. Also did triple axel triple flip seq. While yagudin was replacing an axel with a salchow. So plushenko was trying to redeem himself and go all out while yagudin even though he did 2 quads and everything scaled down a little. So you can't ignore that plushenko wasn't seen as 6.0 worthy with his fall in the sp and mistakes in jump combo and also not beig seen as good as yaguidn there.

Crap! Talking about yagudin! Plushenko threads are used by people to talk about him to say plushenko is a lesser skater.

Yes. Honestly, I like Yagudin's skating. But he has 4 good years, 1998-2002, under the old system. Plushy has 15 years, under the old and the new system, too. He could win in last year, he able to meet the requirements even today. Some people are funny.