Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 753

Thread: Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title?

  1. #241
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Takahashi is sooooo overrated by his fans for his artistic abilities. There are many better artistic skaters in the history of figure skating.
    Don't worry. No on has ever been sooooo overrated by his fans and sooooo overhomologated by ISU for his fs abilities as Patrick Chan!

  2. #242
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    He is one of the most influencial skaters in the figure skating history.
    His main influence in fs history is being a Plu rival. That's why he always shows up on Plu threads. Otherwise- no one remembers the guy. What a pity.

  3. #243
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,528
    it's so true that even though his 2002 was totally deserved and unambiguous on every level if plushenko hadn't been competing over ten years after he would probably not be as discussed unless in 2002 Olympic threads, greatest performances threads and favorite skaters threads. Now because of Plushenko he is mentioned in 2014 Olympic threads, European figure skating threads and on and on!! Because where Plushenko is mentioned you always get the people who were like Plushenko was best when he was against yagudin or yagudin continuing from 2002 to 2006 would've made plushenko better! But then what about from 2006 to potentially 2014!! Obviously where Plushenko goes now yagudin follows which is into current threads and not history threads. So it's totally LOL!!

  4. #244
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    His main influence in fs history is being a Plu rival. That's why he always shows up on Plu threads. Otherwise- no one remembers the guy. What a pity.
    No, his influence was from his skating rather than the rival thing. Even SOI in the following season has copied his straightline footwork, which was simple and effective, from him for one of the group numbers.

    In fact I believe straightline sequence has been created and started by Yagudin's programs.

    Well, because one of the most important period of time for Plushenko has passed by the side of Yagudin. So naturally, people will remember Yagudin whenever we talk about Plushenko's past.

  5. #245
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    No, his influence was from his skating rather than the rival thing. Even SOI in the following season has copied his straightline footwork, which was simple and effective, from him for one of the group numbers.

    In fact I believe straightline sequence has been created and started by Yagudin's programs.

    Well, because one of the most important period of time for Plushenko has passed by the side of Yagudin. So naturally, people will remember Yagudin whenever we talk about Plushenko's past.
    That period ended in 2002! Plushenko's past involves so much more without Yagudin ever being around. 2002-2006 and 2009-present! So was his rivalry with Joubert so boring? LOL!

  6. #246
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    l

    That period ended in 2002! Plushenko's past involves so much more without Yagudin ever being around. 2002-2006 and 2009-present! So was his rivalry with Joubert so boring? LOL!
    I don't think Joubert was Plushenko's equal on ice during post Yagudin time. So Plushenko has had no big rival between 2002 and 2006 after Yagudin has retired until they cooked up Evan Lysacek in 2009-10.

  7. #247
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I don't think Joubert was Plushenko's equal on ice during post Yagudin time. So Plushenko has had no big rival between 2002 and 2006 after Yagudin has retired until they cooked up Evan Lysacek in 2009-10.
    Joubert was more of a real rival than Lysacek. Lysacek is Sandhu. Joubert was there in 2004 worlds and 2004 Europeans and 2005 Europeans and also 2009 Europeans. The fact that Joubert beat Plushenko in 2004 euros and was second to him at worlds and was second to him in 2005 Euros and was second to him in 2009 Euros and almost was a really close competitor means that probably from 2006-2009 if Plushenko stayed in Joubert would have been very problematic for Plushenko and Joubert beat him in euros 2013 SP so it's interesting to speculate for me about Plushenko and Joubert. Joubert Plushenko may be kind of yuna / mao with one being the winner much more than the other but it's still there.

  8. #248
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    3,008
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Joubert was more of a real rival than Lysacek. Lysacek is Sandhu.
    I agree on this. I was actually forced to recognize Lysacek's high place after 2010 Olympics.

    But I still think Joubert was just a chaser after Plushenko eventhough he won over Plushenko in 2003-04 Euro.

  9. #249
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,885
    Hello, Bluebonnet!

    Sorry, let's talk is right. "Yag's main influence in fs history is being a Plu rival".

  10. #250
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Don't worry. No on has ever been sooooo overrated by his fans and sooooo overhomologated by ISU for his fs abilities as Patrick Chan!
    Bluebonnet is joking. Few days ago Bluebonnet said, Dai is the most artistry skater today.

  11. #251
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,091
    Yagudin was one of the first skaters to really have the total package, with quads included. He's basically the technical ability of Plushenko, but with better artistry/choreography. I loved watching Yagudin skate.. it never felt like he was simply going through a checklist of elements/jumps, and his performances were always pleasant to watch from both a technical and artistic standpoint, and he had excellent musicality. To me, he's the only Olympic champion since '88 to have put together two programs worth watching over and over. I really wish he could have had the ability to continue on. I think he would have blossomed even more under CoP and increased his dominance over the rest of the field.

  12. #252
    Custom Title plushyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,885
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Yagudin was one of the first skaters to really have the total package, with quads included. He's basically the technical ability of Plushenko, but with better artistry/choreography. I loved watching Yagudin skate.. it never felt like he was simply going through a checklist of elements/jumps, and his performances were always pleasant to watch from both a technical and artistic standpoint, and he had excellent musicality. To me, he's the only Olympic champion since '88 to have put together two programs worth watching over and over. I really wish he could have had the ability to continue on. I think he would have blossomed even more under CoP and increased his dominance over the rest of the field.
    You are boring CSG! This is your personal opinion, many people have different opinion. How many times do you have to write this for us? I would like to see data from a total number of Yagudin's 6.0.

  13. #253
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    27,068
    Never mind.
    Last edited by Mathman; 04-29-2013 at 03:54 PM.

  14. #254
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,091
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    You are boring CSG! This is your personal opinion, many people have different opinion. How many times do you have to write this for us? I would like to see data from a total number of Yagudin's 6.0.
    You have your opinion, and I've said mine. I was talking about my opinion of Yagudin, which I haven't written in this thread at all (so I don't get why you're saying I'm writing many times thus far). Your personal opinion is that Yagudin's only influence on skating is being Plushenko's rival, which is inaccurate (in my opinion). There was a lot of back and forth wins between them (Yagudin winning the majority of them if he skated clean), but Yagudin's technical and artistic capabilities dominated the entire field.

    You talk about 6.0's? How about 6.0's from the 2002 Olympics -- the most important competition between Plushenko and Yagudin -- which Yagudin easily won, and artistically dominated Plushenko... three 6.0's to Plushenko's zero 6.0's.

  15. #255
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,528
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    I agree on this. I was actually forced to recognize Lysacek's high place after 2010 Olympics.

    But I still think Joubert was just a chaser after Plushenko eventhough he won over Plushenko in 2003-04 Euro.
    Obviously lysacek was world champion which sandhu never was but that was in the post torino Olympics years before Vancouver. So you have that status of lysacek but he was built unduly into a rival when he was not and then he bailed from Torino worlds and then plushenko bailed from torino worlds so there could be no kind of rematch but then its very obvious with the system who would have won but takahashi may have beat them both because he actually left the Vancouver Olympics with some positives! LOL!

    I am saying Joubert even as a chaser was more of a rival. I agree he was a chaser but beating Plushenko was in his sights like EUros 2004 or Euros SP in 2005. Joubert could do very well if Plushenko made errors.

Page 17 of 51 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •