Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Can Evgeni Plushenko win the 2014 Olympic title?

Custom Title
    Plushenko had a 5/3 layout of jumps in euros 2012 and did 3a-3t and not 4/3. Obviously most skaters view maxing out fs score as doing a 3/5 layout. Plushenko was 5 seconds from a 4/4 layout. 5 seconds!!! That would have given him maybe a point more? Or less than one? Just like 2010 it may be impossible for plushenko to truly maximize. But i was just looking at the schedule at the Olympics again and just don't think it's doable for plushenko at all. Just don't see it!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonlady View Post
    Most artistic of all time: Curry, Cousins, Cranston, Browning, Yagudin. That's in no particular order.
    I would add Takahashi and remove Yagudin.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by venlac View Post
    Is it also sarcasm? we must not even consider that, Because of the respect for the sport.
    How skater who had shamful winning the most can be considered the greatest?
    Of course

Plushy started the preparing, he is in Kislovodsk- one of Russian Olympic bases-.
    Mishin was happy, because Plu wasn't too fat after the vacation. http://vk.com/wall181448209?w=wall181448209_344%2Fall But I'm skeptic. Maybe without surgery he could have done it..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    Plushenko had a 5/3 layout of jumps in euros 2012 and did 3a-3t and not 4/3. Obviously most skaters view maxing out fs score as doing a 3/5 layout. Plushenko was 5 seconds from a 4/4 layout. 5 seconds!!! That would have given him maybe a point more? Or less than one? Just like 2010 it may be impossible for plushenko to truly maximize. But i was just looking at the schedule at the Olympics again and just don't think it's doable for plushenko at all. Just don't see it!
    It probably would have been just about 1 point extra since he got +GOE on his series, and BV for his 3Z+2T+2L would get 0.91 points bonus. But you're right.. if he's 5 seconds away from an extra 1.3 points he really should choreograph it to benefit that. He could benefit much more if he pushed his 3A+3T to the latter half (it'd get about 1.4 points more... the positive GOE on an axel is greater than a lutz). I'm thinking if he wants to be technically solid for Sochi, he'd need to put 2 quads up front, and then put one of the axels in the 2nd half (ideally the combo). Even though the quad takes more energy, his lutz has actually been giving him greater grief (same with Hanyu), so two quads instead of two lutzes might make more sense, points and execution-wise.

Custom Title
    That woukd be the ideal but it won't be until December probably that he even gets up to even trying quads! He is doing some training now but no jump training and certainly has all the techniques like totally ingrained and stamped on his brain but august and September of previous years had training videos so even they know to start training early! Or maybe that was for the Japan open! Either way even if the back IS good there is still the knees! So 2012 surgery with knees I think and 2013 surgery on back I mean best wishes to him!!! This is like crazy!! I'm totally interested in this as not only the story of plushenko but medical science. He could be in the new England journal of medicine!! Should be very interesting what layout is probably debuted at Russian nationals!!

Custom Title
    That's a good point, Gmyers: it's not just a story of Plushenko but a story of medicine. I remember in the 1984 Olympics, both marathoner Joan Benoit and gymnast Mary Lou Retton had laparoscopic surgery on a knee mere weeks before the Games. Minimal incision, almost no scar. Each became the champion in her respective event. Reporters made a huge point of the medical advance that allowed these ladies to recover their top form at the right moment for their biggest competition.

I hope that both Plushenko and medical science are at their best for next season.

Custom Title
    No way can Plushenko win at olympics. He could possibly medal if others make mistakes, but he just wont get the components

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    That woukd be the ideal but it won't be until December probably that he even gets up to even trying quads! He is doing some training now but no jump training and certainly has all the techniques like totally ingrained and stamped on his brain but august and September of previous years had training videos so even they know to start training early! Or maybe that was for the Japan open! Either way even if the back IS good there is still the knees! So 2012 surgery with knees I think and 2013 surgery on back I mean best wishes to him!!! This is like crazy!! I'm totally interested in this as not only the story of plushenko but medical science. He could be in the new England journal of medicine!! Should be very interesting what layout is probably debuted at Russian nationals!!

At the end of May, they will start working on new short and long programs in Moscow with the choreographer of the capital. And, they will go to the summer camps in Italy and Estonia. They will also leave for Sochi for the camp and the test skate.
    If he will be healthy he will compete in COR in my opinion...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaana View Post
    I would add Takahashi and remove Yagudin.
    I agree with Janna even if I adore Yagudin. He was artistic too but not in the way Curry, Cousins or Cranston were. Lambiel and Takahashi are closer to their style.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    I agree with Janna even if I adore Yagudin. He was artistic too but not in the way Curry, Cousins or Cranston were. Lambiel and Takahashi are closer to their style.
    But why is only one style "artistic" - or "artistic" enough?

This isn't specifically about Yagudin or whoever in particular - but a general comment. Why is only ONE style deemed "artistic"? I truly don't understand that - and never will! Quite honestly, I think that is quite... narrowminded. (I hasten to add that this isn't meant for you in particular, ciocio! - even though I'm responding to your comment - it just made me think of it.)

But then... Here, I'll give everyone a sense of the lowness of my tastes so you can ignore my opinions for evermore. I even consider Brian Joubert to be "artistic" - in his own way. There.

As I said somewhere else, what matters to me is that a skater lays down their heart & soul on the ice. That to me is "artistry". The particular style in which it is done is... secondary at best. I realise I'm pretty alone in this - but... so be it! I've always said about myself that "I'm only fashionable by mistake" - so, what else is new, really?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    At the end of May, they will start working on new short and long programs in Moscow with the choreographer of the capital. And, they will go to the summer camps in Italy and Estonia. They will also leave for Sochi for the camp and the test skate.
    If he will be healthy he will compete in COR in my opinion...
    Oh, I'm so excited for those new programs! I know, I know... I keep cautioning myself. I know nothing is sure - quite the reverse, in fact. But... I just think that if anyone could do it, it would be Plushy.

I think to me - and I believe most of his fans (though generally I don't like to speak for other people) - his just being in Sochi will be a victory. I don't doubt he feels the same way - that he knows how difficult the task he has set himself is. But... I also know another thing. Once he steps out on that ice... He'll be in for the kill. Because, that's just the person he is!

He's in our prayers & thoughts, I'm sure.

Custom Title
    No way can Plushenko win at olympics.
    Firstly, not that I am disagreeing with the poster who said this, so please don't get me wrong.
    Secondly...a girl can dream! Go, Evgeni!

Custom Title
    Plushy should consider himself blessed if he makes the podium.

Quote Originally Posted by bramweld View Post
    Plushy should consider himself blessed if he makes the podium.
    Plushy said this, would be happy if he will stand on podium.

Page 26 of 51 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast