Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Results 331 to 342 of 342

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Men

  1. #331
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,770
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    I love both for different reasons.
    ...
    I hope to see both Patrick and Dai on the podium at Olympics. I want them both to make good decisions for next season.
    This is one of good reasons of being a skating fan for me. I love lots of skaters for different reasons and root for them. So I want all skaters to make good decisions for next season and to do well in their own ways, because it also is the Olympic season, which happens once in every four years, and is the 'dream' place to compete for all atheletes in the world! I have no doubts there are lots of skating fans who feel the same way.

  2. #332
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Think about what you're saying. When you say the figure skating world doesn't find him to be an excellent skater and the very individuals that the figure skating world appoints to assess him clearly consider him to be an excellent skater, I don't understand how you can be so dismissive. You have no real argument as to why he isn't an excellent skater... Just because you hate him isn't really bringing anything to the table as to why he is not an excellent skater.
    Yes, indeed. Think about what you are saying. When you say the very individuals that the figure skating world appoint to assess him clearly consider him to be an excellent skater and the figure skating world doesn't find him to be an excellent skater, I don't understand how you can be so dismissive. You have no real argument and keep repeating "He's the best skater because judges said so. Judges are always right." But they are not. Just because you love him isn't really bringing anything to the table as to why he is not a booed champion. You know, he is a booed one.

    I told you I too can type.

    It's unbelievable how somebody can be so slow. And a grande finale:
    Look up many articles about Chan's skating ability and most of them will remark about how intricate and difficult his programs are... And please don't quote some Russian woman in an article.
    So, articles where PChan's skills are praised should be looked up. But those where they are not, shouldn't be quoted. Classic!
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka View Post
    Patrick is the best skater in skating skills as in edge quality, flow, effortless power, steps, turns etc his skating is seamless which makes its beautiful in technique and presentation.
    Only in the protocols. In reality he moves like a 100kg sack on blades that tries to keep the balance. When he falls, the sound of hitting the ice is just like that- a 100kg sack flopped. Too heavy and too noisy. No, thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by deedee1 View Post
    You rocked the house! Get well soon and please have a safe trip to go home!
    He said to R-media that he got so many gifts from fans in Japan that he had to buy a new suitcase to bring them home. The problem is that he can't carry any suitcase now at all. But he added it's not a big deal because his team members and coaches will deliver his luggage . In his instagram he replied to fans: "I can move my arm a little, thanks God I have another arm!"

    Here's a J-news clip where you can see a little of backstage, the moment when an injuried Menshov is coming back from the ice and Dai preparing to skate: http://vk.com/video-2152302_16489233...880946695e159b

  3. #333
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,962
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Yes, indeed. Think about what you are saying. When you say the very individuals that the figure skating world appoint to assess him clearly consider him to be an excellent skater and the figure skating world doesn't find him to be an excellent skater, I don't understand how you can be so dismissive. You have no real argument and keep repeating "He's the best skater because judges said so. Judges are always right." But they are not. Just because you love him isn't really bringing anything to the table as to why he is not a booed champion. You know, he is a booed one.
    Where is your evidence that the figure skating world doesn't find Chan to be an excellent skater (in terms of skating ability)?

    And where are your arguments about him not being an excellent skater other than "when he falls he falls noisy" (because when others fall, they don't make noise?!). And to say he's like 100 kg sack on blades is absolutely delusional - you don't even have to be a hardcore fan of his to acknowledge that he has excellent edge work, good speed, and difficult/complex choreography.

    Bash him all you want, but whatever, Chan still ends up medalling/winning and it probably drives you crazy because you can't acknowledge the truth that he IS an excellent skater. You've got insults, but Chan's got medals.

  4. #334
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,188
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Where is your evidence that the figure skating world doesn't find Chan to be an excellent skater (in terms of skating ability)?

    And where are your arguments about him not being an excellent skater other than "when he falls he falls noisy" (because when others fall, they don't make noise?!). And to say he's like 100 kg sack on blades is absolutely delusional - you don't even have to be a hardcore fan of his to know that he has excellent edge work, good speed, and difficult/complex choreography.

    Bash him all you want, but whatever, Chan still ends up medalling/winning and it probably drives you crazy because you can't acknowledge the truth that he IS an excellent skater. You've got insults, he's got medals.
    Where is your evidence that the figure skating world finds him to be an excellent skater, besides judges's scores?

    And where is your arguments about him being an excellent skater other than "judges give him the highest score, so he is the best!"? And to say that he is not like 100 kg sack on blades is absolutely delusion- you didn't even attend the WTT arena. You don't have to be a hater of him to know that other skaters have excellent skating skills as well, and besides that they don't zamboni the ice and have mountains better musicality and artisty in general.

    Worship him all you want, but whatever, Chan will ends up stealing medals from other skaters, being an embarrasment of this sport and it probably drives you crazy because you can't achnowledge the truth that he ISN'T an excellent skater. He's got booed, you've got sour grapes.


    I told you I too can type.


    Can Skate Canada offer a better trolling? This one is boring. I am disappointed. Yawn.

  5. #335
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,217
    Moderator's note. This two-way joust has long since ceased to interest other members of the forum. Now you are even boring yourselves. If you must continue, please take it to private message.

    (These high maintenance threads just make more work for poor me, what with unapproving posts, fielding complaints, etc. More work for Mathman = bad. One big happy = good. )

  6. #336
    Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Staring at the ocean and smiling.
    Posts
    15,571
    I agree with Mathman on this.
    I don't want to have to work too hard either cleaning up after a bickering session.

    Please take this to PM?

  7. #337
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    2,645
    So wonderful to hear that Konstantin is so upbeat. I really hope this doesn't set back his training for next season. He needs to be sparkling on all cylinders so that he can continue to deliver his monumental FU to the RuFed!

    Here is a photo Konstantin posted on instagram, visiting the Tokyo Medical University Hospital. (At least this pic doesn't have horrifying x-rays.)

    Obviously his phone-hand is still good!
    Last edited by karne; 04-15-2013 at 08:57 PM. Reason: menshov posted to instagram :P

  8. #338
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,073
    Thanks for the update. Konstantin looks good. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

  9. #339
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    100
    Patrick Chan is a world champion who can't seem to skate clean programs with more than 4 jumps. I find his performances to be completely uninspiring and not even entertaining. My opinion of his as a skater is that he and his programs are just .... meh ....

    I don't really care who wins the medals in FS because the judging is SO chronically suspect and political. I like to watch the skating and the programs. I can't wait for Chan to retire! That way I never have to see him skate, and I won't have to read all the nonsence he pouts out in the media.

    I can't wait! 10 months to Sochi and the end of Chan's time in eligible competition.

  10. #340
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,552
    I hope Chan wins a medal of some color in Sochi, although I'd prefer that it not be gold. I just want him to go AWAY! Every time he wins with a dismal performance, the boards explode. And Chan himself always seems to find a way to stick his foot firmly in his mouth, causing yet another board explosion.

    Bye, Paddy, be sure to shut the lights out and close the door when you leave!

  11. #341
    Outdated Old Dinosaur
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    913
    ^^^^

    And all God's children said, "Amen."

    Discussions on Chan's performances and results seem to turn up on every thread. It's boring.

  12. #342
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,770
    I'ts been almost a week since WTT finished, but I am having time this weekend to read these posts on GS board finally, Yay! After watching all competitions at WTT live, I have to agree with the comment from Icey!

    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    AAron maks the others look like they are skating at snail pace.

Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •