World Team Trophy 2013 Men | Page 10 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Men

aftertherain

Record Breaker
But here's the thing. This is the You Tube age. The ISU cannot continue forever to smirk and wink and tell fans to "love the protocols." In addition to loving the protocols, people also love their own eyes. The protocols say Chan skated great. The video shows him on his butt. Protocols, great. Video, butt. Which are you going to go with?

I think the thing is, is that there is a huge disconnect between TES and PCS. Nowhere in the rules does it say that when you take a fall or stumble that it has to reflect on the PCS. It may be logical for us as viewers to down-score PCS when we feel a skater's fall(s) or stumble(s) disrupt a program, but it really isn't in the rules. I think that there should be a rule change prior to the Olympics to rectify this loophole.

I mean, if a skater sells the heck outta their program like rent is due tomorrow even with mistakes (i.e. Daisuke's LP at 2010 Olympics), I think their PCS shouldn't take too much of a hit.

That and falls should be penalized a little more.

zschultz1986

Final Flight
BTW, Max Aaron is the real deal. He just needs more refinement... but DAMN I think he's the fastest skater I've ever SEEN.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Hmmm what a mess of a short. menshov impressed me even his style - nice:) As for the other men. Chan maybe should have trained harder ; he looks heavier than world's. And I am not sold that Abbott and Dai really have the quad. Seems like a huge risk with them. Kevin Reynolds will need to pull it together if he is to be taken seriously. I think if Plushy sees this which I am sure he will he will realize he could still be competitive because the quad is not very consistent for most. I did not like Abbot's choreo/routine andwhile I like Dai I think he should have worn pale grey not sure black was right for the music (though as much as we criticize Chan for well everything (I don't like his costume for the short either) but I do think Dai's look is have some longer hair and flowy fabric and I am an artist. I am not a big fan of that. Remember in 1994 G and G's long program they had simple black with white trim costumes which showed off their beautiful lines yes, peggy (fleming) except the death spiral Gordeeva didn't point her feet) lol

deedee1

Record Breaker
Sorry Day 1 was a bit of disappointing comp of WTT. They looked a little heavier in skatiing-wise than their usual-selves, I guess, but I can understand it must be very hard for them to skate competitive programs after such exhausting pre-Olympic seasosn's Worlds. They at least tried best by going for their hardest jump layouts as planned; if I am not mistaken 10 of out 12 mens planned a quad and Kevin 2 quads, right? So kudos to them! :clap:

I have not much time but this is the placements of mine after I saw the Mens SP from the ceiling (almost ;)):

1. Menshov
2. Chan
3. Takahashi

While his music and choreo is a bit weird, Menshov CLEARLY outjumped everyone. The audience including me would have appreciated the judges if they could place him, with even 0.01 point, over Patrick...Dai was lucky to get away with those jumps to place 2nd. Even to my eyes from the ceiling, he would get 4T<< and 3Lz+3T< I most feared. After seeing the score came up, which was 80, I talked with my husband he only got either 4T< and 3T<, or only 4T<<.

Well, it's going to be the last opportunity for most of skaters to skate their LP of this season. Let's hope all skaters feel relaxed more and skate better tonight, and be able to end their season with a good feeling, shall we? :yes:

Icey

Record Breaker
Cop encourages falling.

Several have talked about what an exhausting competitive year this has been. I don't see it as being any more exhausting than any other year.
Most of the skaters have competed at only 4 or 5 events and some less. There are other sports that are much more demanding physically than skating and which the athlete has to compete many more times than that.

glam

On the Ice
There are other sports that are much more demanding physically than skating and which the athlete has to compete many more times than that.

Yes but in those other sports you are not required to look good while doing it and also judged by your appearance.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Yes but in those other sports you are not required to look good while doing it and also judged by your appearance.

Hmm...tell that to the rhythmic gymnasts and the synchronized swimmers. And their costumes leave even less room to hide than the average skating costume.

LRK

Record Breaker
Love you, Brian. :)

ETA - Brian taking his time with the audience - but why not? At least the audience loves him - whether the judges do or not.

ETA2 - Hey, a season's best! At least he ends the season on a high note. :)

LRK

Record Breaker
Is it me, or is the LP shaping up to be an improvement on the SP? Or shouldn't I say that - will it mean that bad things will start to happen... ?

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Max AARON (USA)

Music: Westside Story by Leonard Bernstein

4S+2T
4S
FCCoSp
StSq
CCoSp
3A+2T
3Lz - stepout
3A - fall
FCSSp
3T+1Lo+3S - was it the toe? Wasn't watching close
3F
ChSt
3Lo

FS: 86.74 + 73.50 - 1.00 =159.24
Tot: 236.62, in 2nd (out of 7)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Takahito MURA (JPN)

Music: Shogun

4T - maybe borderline < on replay
3Lz+3T - stepout
3A - big, but hand down
CCSp
3Lo
3A - stepout, no combo
StSq
3S
CCoSp
3Lz
3F - e
FSSp
ChSt

Problemes w/ the triple axel, otherwise quite solid skate.

FS: 77.87 + 78.16 = 156.03
Tot: 233.68, in 3rd (out of 8)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Jeremy ABBOTT (USA)

Music: Bring Him Home

2T
3Lz
CSSp
3A+2T - forward/scratchy on 3A
CCoSp
3A - bit forward
3F - fall, maybe UR
FUSp
3Lz+3T
3Lo+2T - stepout
StSq
3S - hung on
ChSq

His jumps looked laboured, but he tried to keep it going

FS: 69.10 + 83.50 - 1.00 = 151.60 (SB)
Tot: 231.84 (SB), in 4th (out of 9)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Jeremy looked like he was struggling to land his jumps today. Not a good skate. What a shame seeing someone this talented losing to Kevin.