Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Men

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ciocio View Post
    With all the respect, but if FS is very popular in Japan/Canada/USA/Russia it means local skaters should always win because that's the only way people would pay to watch the competitions?
    Plush is not Japanese. Yet he is a ticket seller here.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    You just wanted to prove that people will not come if the outcome of this sport does not go their way. I want to say that your theory is wrong.
    You can say. Who cares. Fans are off from the arenas in NA. Sooner or later it will be the same in other parts of the world if the things in judging won't change. People's way is when they enjoy the event and accept the result is FAIR and not a cooked one.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    You can say. Who cares. Fans are off from the arenas in NA. Sooner or later it will be the same in other parts of the world if the things in judging won't change. People's way is when they enjoy the event and accept the result is FAIR and not a cooked one.
    NA's situation is quite complicated. A judging system change cannot revive or alter it. You just made a cultural drifting into too simple a case. If NA public accepted slippers and shorts in shopping malls and restaurants, like now, figure skating could no way be revived unless it goes modern. But as I've said before, I believe it will not die. So learn to accept it.

Sorry to be OT.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I agree that Chan doesn't deserve 86, but his 3-3 was perfect...
    http://youtu.be/yq_I9NtydwI?t=2m2s
    Is it perfect?
    I thought 3-3 is unstabled.

Banned
    NA's situation is quite complicated. A judging system change cannot revive or alter it. You just made a cultural drifting into too simple a case. I'll say this: If NA public accepted slippers and shorts in shopping malls and restaurants, like now, figure skating could no way be revived unless it's go modern. But as I've said before, I believe it won't die. So learn to accept it.

Sorry to be OT.
    I see. So, the reason of empty arenas in NA is because folks there are not fashionable and sophisticated enough to comprehend such an artistic sport as figure skating. Gotcha. I'll let Americans to reply on your rant.

Custom Title
    You think I'll defend Chan to death like you do to Takahashi?!

I only give the due to where it's due according to what I believe it's right. No more, no less. If according to the rules, Chan loses, be it. Unlike some Chan haters who bashed Chan's last place finish as if it was still not good enough at Japan Open. Please tell me, why does anyone like to stay in a place where every single time would guarantee to make them go mad till their faces turn blue?!
    I don't defend Takahashi to death. Actually, Takahashi has been really bad since Japanese Nationals, and getting much lower placements accordingly to his performances (6th or lower). Chan, on the other hand, messes up time after time and still gets 1st.

You mentioned some petition to change the rules. Rules don't really matter when you don't have fair judging. Patrick wins not only because of the rules, he also wins because of the fake judging. Almost 9.00 for all pcs with a fall and a big mistake (disruptive mistakes) on a SHORT program, skated with no emotions or inspiration? Do you seriously think that's fair?
    There's a petition going on to give D. Ten the gold medal he deserved, btw.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonardo View Post
    There's a petition going on to give D. Ten the gold medal he deserved, btw.
    Forget about that stupid one! Even a lot of Chan's normal haters denounced it.

Custom Title
    Lame attempt to pretend that you don't get what people have been saying about Chan's PCS- they shouldn't be that high in the first place. He is an electronic toy whose battery needed to be recharged. The difference in PCS between Chan and Dai/Abbot must be big and not in the favour of Chan, even if he skated clean.
    What are you talking about? I just said that I thought Chan's PCS were rather high. And the difference in Chan's score was less than 2 points more than Takahashi (who downgraded his quad and messed up his combo), and less than 3 points more than Abbott (who fell and had no quad).

Mao, Dai, even Plu who is shining like an iconostasis with all his regalia, goes off the podium when he makes mistakes/falls. EVERYONE. Except Chan.
    You mean Mao Asada who won NHK Trophy with a FS that had only 3 triples (thanks to 3L->2L, 3Z->2Z, 3F->2F, 3S->1S), and a bronze at Worlds with no clean triple in her SP, and a 3A step-out, a flutz, and an UR flip with turnout in her FS?

You mean Daisuke who won the GPF with a FS that had a 3A with a turnout, a 3A with a hand-down, and a fall?

You mean Plushenko who hasn't been off a podium in years, except for the last Japan Open (where he messed up his first quad, singled a triple axel, doubled a salchow, and fell on a 2A).

Custom Title
    Forget about that stupid one! Even a lot of Chan's normal haters denounced it.
    You should start to differentiate "Chan haters" from almost everybody who felt that Patrick was overscored and won an unfair gold medal. (Commentators, public, most of the fans, media, experts, other skaters, etc)
    And again, I ask you about Chan's sp today: Almost 9.00 for all pcs with a fall and a big mistake (disruptive mistakes) on a SHORT program, skated with no emotions or inspiration? Do you seriously think that's fair?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    You mean Daisuke who won the GPF with a FS that had a 3A with a turnout, a 3A with a hand-down, and a fall?

You mean Plushenko who hasn't been off a podium in years, except for the last Japan Open (where he messed up his first quad, singled a triple axel, doubled a salchow, and fell on a 2A).
    Who should have won GPF?

When Plu should have been off the podium due to his Chan-like skating in years but he wasn't?

Keep your posts constructve if your please.

Custom Title
    I don't defend Takahashi to death. Actually, Takahashi has been really bad since Japanese Nationals, and getting much lower placements accordingly to his performances (6th or lower). Chan, on the other hand, messes up time after time and still gets 1st.

You mentioned some petition to change the rules. Rules don't really matter when you don't have fair judging. Patrick wins not only because of the rules, he also wins because of the fake judging. Almost 9.00 for all pcs with a fall and a big mistake (disruptive mistakes) on a SHORT program, skated with no emotions or inspiration? Do you seriously think that's fair
    At the Grand Prix Final, Daisuke came 1st... but he made 4 errors in his freeskate, including a UR, a step-out, a hand-down, and a fall. And he still got 177 points for that FS, and almost all 9.00 for PCS. Do you seriously think that's fair?

Custom Title
    You should start to differentiate "Chan haters" from almost everybody who felt that Patrick was overscored and won an unfair gold medal. (Commentators, public, most of the fans, media, experts, other skaters, etc)
    What I meant "haters" were some posters I've seen regularly on forums who post baseless nasty posts. Some people just dislike him. But there are some who truly hate him to personal level. God knows why. You can tell from their posts.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    At the Grand Prix Final, Daisuke came 1st... but he made 4 errors in his freeskate, including a UR, a step-out, a hand-down, and a fall. And he still got 177 points for that FS, and almost all 9.00 for PCS. Do you seriously think that's fair?
    An UR and a hand down are not disruptive mistakes, the only big error he made was that fall. The artistic aspects of that program were unaffected. And I'd like to remind you that Patrick made just as many mistakes as dai and still got HIGHER pcs.

Custom Title
    An UR and a hand down are not disruptive mistakes, the only big error he made was that fall. The artistic aspects of that program were unaffected. And I'd like to remind you that Patrick made just as many mistakes as dai and still got HIGHER pcs.
    To follow your suit, Chan had only one fall, a stepout on 3A was not disruptive mistake as you said. The artistic aspects of a program were subjective. You think Takahashi was better, but the judges think Chan was better. Tell me why the judges have to go your way?!

Custom Title
    What I meant "haters" were some posters I've seen regularly on forums who post baseless nasty posts. Some people just dislike him. But there are some who truly hate him to personal level. God knows why. You can tell from their posts.
    Why don't you actually answer the whole post instead of avoiding the important points? So, do you really think those pcs were fair? Don't you see that the other skaters (Takahashi and Hanyu) get low placements when they make serious mistakes? Didn't you notice that commentators, public, most of the fans, media, experts and other skaters_except patrick fans and judges, of course_ disagree with Chan's gold medal? Thanks!

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast