World Team Trophy 2013 Men | Page 5 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Men

vera01

Final Flight

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Congrats to Konstantin for having the SP of the day. He seems so mentally though. I pray he skates as well in the LP and holds on to third place. This would be a nice consolation for him and for his fans. He should have been first today and yet he barely beat Patrick on TES with less than 2 points. How does that make ANY SENSE?

gmyers

Record Breaker
Menshov was good. He had the highest tech score but because he is meshov and Russia wont allow him out of the country his PCS reflects that of someone who really isn't allowed to represent Russia at euros or worlds. His tech score did have level 3 spins and steps but the PCS is all a reflection of how is pushed aside for new younger skaters no matter how well he skates.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
A lot of men lost points on the spins.

And Daisuke got a DG on his 4T, while Kevin didn't even get a UR. Huh.

chuckm said:
Too bad Hanyu didn't skate here. He could easily have beaten Chan's SP score.

With the weird scoring at this event... but yes, Hanyu's clean SP would have beaten that by a landslide.

sk8ingcoach

On the Ice
Patricks points are just. His quad was clean, yes he fell but you receive a whole 4 points more doing a 4t fall than a 4t<<. Then received 2 points higher in components which he deserves in skating skills alone. Im sure ill get hate for this, but when you look at the protocol you see why he is ahead.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Patricks points are just. His quad was clean, yes he fell but you receive a whole 4 points more doing a 4t fall than a 4t<<. Then received 2 points higher in components which he deserves in skating skills alone. Im sure ill get hate for this, but when you look at the protocol you see why he is ahead.

Only from people who can't read a protocol and would rather whine.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Only from people who can't read a protocol and would rather whine.

This is a sport which makes money from skating fans who pay a ticket to see the skaters live. This kind of judging will eventually kill the sport. No one wants to pay money and see this kind of results. I can read a protocol and still think Chan's score is ridiculous. GOE are being given like candy to some while others get no love from the judges. Let's say Patrick would have landed the 4T-3T Menshov did. I am 100% sure the GOE would have been mostly 3. I can see Kevin didn't get a single Ur and yet it was pristine clear his 4S was not fully rotated for instance. On the other hand, Daisuke was not given the benefit of the doubt on his 4T which received <<. The protocol is a lame way to try to explain some of the bad judging

Kunstrijdster

Rinkside
Exactly, it's all in there for everyone to read. I don't watch the actual competiton anyway, as I can get all the facts and enjoyment from the protocols alone!

Major props to Brian for all Level4 spins, btw. :)

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What about people who think a competition should be enjoyable to watch *without* having to study the protocol afterwards?

Well I didn't enjoy anyone other than Menshov, Joubert, and Aaron. I would have place Dai behind Kovtun who I thought skated decently along with Abbott. But I can understand why they placed where they did without looking at a protocol. But then again, I'm not bias towards anyone.

LRK

Record Breaker
What about people who think a competition should be enjoyable to watch *without* having to study the protocol afterwards?

Who cares about such illiterate ignoramuses? And why think when you can so comfortably enjoy both to just think what you're told to think - and to look down on and despise anyone who is fool enough to disagree?

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Im sorry but there was absolutely no doubt that Daisuke's quad was completely downgraded.

Fine then, I will rewatch it later, you might be right. But what about Kevin's 4S? I thought it was a 3 and a half salcow and yet not a single "<" was given. If they were so lenient with him, they should have been so with everybody.

ffionhanathomas

On the Ice
So happy Menshov is ahead of Kotvun.
As, even though I like them both, I still think that Menshov should have been sent to worlds :no:

I love Takahashi but the 4T was a 1/2 missing so was correctly downgraded. Loved his performance though!

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wear glasses myself, and I know that I wouldn't be able to do much, never mind a figure skating routine, without wearing them!!! ;) :biggrin:

Well, I may not be doing triples or even doubles, but I can assure you, the only time my glasses come off is when I'm sleeping or swimming. They've only ever come off once on the ice - when I tripped on my toepick at high speed and crashed on my front. On ice flips and Lutzes and off-ice Axels, they've never even budged. ;)

I am (mostly) happy so far with WTT. My only two dear wishes for the men's was that Menshov should beat Kovtun and Aaron should beat Abbott. One out of two isn't bad, though I can take satisfaction that Aaron stayed on his feet and probably looked like he was enjoying himself a great deal more. Tootling off to find videos.