Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Men

Custom Title
    Daisuke was underscored in the PCS department IMO. And if we take into consideration how everyone skated without any kind of reputation points, I would have 1. Konstantin, 2. Daisuke, 3. Max Aaron. Jumps are not everything but when you miss 2 out of 3 jumping passes in the SP it should be bad. I am sure Patrick got more points in his rotated 4T with a fall than Daisuke's 2footed UR'd 4T. And to me, this is wrong. At least Dai stayed on his feet

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by figuristka
    I don't see a problem with Patrick in 1st as no one else really stepped up either. Hope Dai skates better in his free though. I hoped for a clean quad from Dai.
    I don't have a problem with him being in the lead either. I have a problem with it being a generous 6-point-lead though.

Remember, when at worlds some people said it didn't matter if he was with 2,3 points more or less ahead? Then the free happened.
    Now I can't help but think we might get the same again here.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    Well, before it starts, can I just ask something?

Just out of curiosity, who was the Chinese girl at the front of the multi-arm thing when Han Yan was getting his results? I didn't recognise her wearing glasses (proper ones, not comedy ones!)

Seeing her just made me realise that I have never seen anybody skating in a competition wearing glasses before. I wear glasses myself, and I know that I wouldn't be able to do much, never mind a figure skating routine, without wearing them!!!

CaroLiza_fan
    I'm horribly short-sighted and cannot skate (well jump and spin and hefty dance practice) with glasses--have to use contact lenses. For just some mild stroking and puttering around, or doing figures, could use glasses.

Lackluster SP competition from the Men. No comment on the scores.

Custom Title
    I am noticing that Chan didn't get a bunch of 9s in his PCS score--just one 9.0 for choreo. Too bad Hanyu didn't skate here. He could easily have beaten Chan's SP score.

Custom Title
    I saw a photo of Cheng Peng wearing glasses at 2013 banquet(please correct me if I'm wrong..)

Link to the photo:http://www.figureskating-online.com/...th=../../sound

It took me a while to realize that she's Cheng Peng, a girl who skated with Hao Zhang at 4CC(I haven't seen them skating ever since 4CC)

Custom Title
    Congrats to Konstantin for having the SP of the day. He seems so mentally though. I pray he skates as well in the LP and holds on to third place. This would be a nice consolation for him and for his fans. He should have been first today and yet he barely beat Patrick on TES with less than 2 points. How does that make ANY SENSE?

Custom Title
    Menshov was good. He had the highest tech score but because he is meshov and Russia wont allow him out of the country his PCS reflects that of someone who really isn't allowed to represent Russia at euros or worlds. His tech score did have level 3 spins and steps but the PCS is all a reflection of how is pushed aside for new younger skaters no matter how well he skates.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    A lot of men lost points on the spins.

And Daisuke got a DG on his 4T, while Kevin didn't even get a UR. Huh.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckm
    Too bad Hanyu didn't skate here. He could easily have beaten Chan's SP score.
    With the weird scoring at this event... but yes, Hanyu's clean SP would have beaten that by a landslide.

Custom Title
    Patricks points are just. His quad was clean, yes he fell but you receive a whole 4 points more doing a 4t fall than a 4t<<. Then received 2 points higher in components which he deserves in skating skills alone. Im sure ill get hate for this, but when you look at the protocol you see why he is ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Patricks points are just. His quad was clean, yes he fell but you receive a whole 4 points more doing a 4t fall than a 4t<<. Then received 2 points higher in components which he deserves in skating skills alone. Im sure ill get hate for this, but when you look at the protocol you see why he is ahead.
    Only from people who can't read a protocol and would rather whine.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    This is a sport which makes money from skating fans who pay a ticket to see the skaters live. This kind of judging will eventually kill the sport. No one wants to pay money and see this kind of results. I can read a protocol and still think Chan's score is ridiculous. GOE are being given like candy to some while others get no love from the judges. Let's say Patrick would have landed the 4T-3T Menshov did. I am 100% sure the GOE would have been mostly 3. I can see Kevin didn't get a single Ur and yet it was pristine clear his 4S was not fully rotated for instance. On the other hand, Daisuke was not given the benefit of the doubt on his 4T which received <<. The protocol is a lame way to try to explain some of the bad judging

just call me K or Art jockey
    Exactly, it's all in there for everyone to read. I don't watch the actual competiton anyway, as I can get all the facts and enjoyment from the protocols alone!

Major props to Brian for all Level4 spins, btw.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    What about people who think a competition should be enjoyable to watch *without* having to study the protocol afterwards?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kunstrijdster View Post
    exactly, it's all in there for everyone to read. I don't watch the actual competiton anyway, as i can get all the facts and enjoyment from the protocols alone!

Major props to brian for all level4 spins, btw.
    lol

Page 6 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast