Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Men

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    What about people who think a competition should be enjoyable to watch *without* having to study the protocol afterwards?
    Well I didn't enjoy anyone other than Menshov, Joubert, and Aaron. I would have place Dai behind Kovtun who I thought skated decently along with Abbott. But I can understand why they placed where they did without looking at a protocol. But then again, I'm not bias towards anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Trewyn View Post
    What about people who think a competition should be enjoyable to watch *without* having to study the protocol afterwards?
    Who cares about such illiterate ignoramuses? And why think when you can so comfortably enjoy both to just think what you're told to think - and to look down on and despise anyone who is fool enough to disagree?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Daisuke was not given the benefit of the doubt on his 4T which received <<
    Im sorry but there was absolutely no doubt that Daisuke's quad was completely downgraded.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sk8ingcoach View Post
    Im sorry but there was absolutely no doubt that Daisuke's quad was completely downgraded.
    Fine then, I will rewatch it later, you might be right. But what about Kevin's 4S? I thought it was a 3 and a half salcow and yet not a single "<" was given. If they were so lenient with him, they should have been so with everybody.

Custom Title
    I actually didnt think it was downgraded or UR at all. Yes 2 footed and stepout but clean.

It was so obvious live and on replay. In fact it was way worse on replay than I thought.

Custom Title
    So happy Menshov is ahead of Kotvun.
    As, even though I like them both, I still think that Menshov should have been sent to worlds

I love Takahashi but the 4T was a 1/2 missing so was correctly downgraded. Loved his performance though!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan View Post
    I wear glasses myself, and I know that I wouldn't be able to do much, never mind a figure skating routine, without wearing them!!!
    Well, I may not be doing triples or even doubles, but I can assure you, the only time my glasses come off is when I'm sleeping or swimming. They've only ever come off once on the ice - when I tripped on my toepick at high speed and crashed on my front. On ice flips and Lutzes and off-ice Axels, they've never even budged.

I am (mostly) happy so far with WTT. My only two dear wishes for the men's was that Menshov should beat Kovtun and Aaron should beat Abbott. One out of two isn't bad, though I can take satisfaction that Aaron stayed on his feet and probably looked like he was enjoying himself a great deal more. Tootling off to find videos.

Custom Title
    If Brian lost the technical score to Kevin, then either the system is wrong or the system is not being used correctly. I don't care how the protocol will explain this, it's just wrong IMO.
    Yes, it's totally wrong that someone with a fall and missing combo can be ahead of someone with a clean quad and a combo in technical score. The system needs to change. And I can't even start about Chan...

Custom Title
    Daisuke was underscored in the PCS department IMO.
    Takahashi's TES was in 9th place out of total 12 skaters, while his PCS was in 2nd place. What more do you want?!

And if we take into consideration how everyone skated without any kind of reputation points, I would have 1. Konstantin, 2. Daisuke, 3. Max Aaron. Jumps are not everything but when you miss 2 out of 3 jumping passes in the SP it should be bad. I am sure Patrick got more points in his rotated 4T with a fall than Daisuke's 2footed UR'd 4T. And to me, this is wrong. At least Dai stayed on his feet
    Takahashi's 4T was not a quad. It was downgraded which means that he didn't have a quad. That was a whole different concept. 4T=10.30, but 3T=4.10.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebonnet View Post
    Takahashi's 4T was not a quad. It was downgraded which means that he didn't have a quad. That was a whole different concept. 4T=10.30, but 3T=4.10.
    The protocol was not posted at that time, I didn't knew Dai's 4T got <<

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mirunna View Post
    the protocol was not posted at that time, i didn't knew dai's 4t got <<
    ok.

...I love protocols!

when you look at the protocol you see why he is ahead.
    And that is what is wrong with this scoring system. Patrick is ahead because of what is on the protocols, not because of what he did on the ice.

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast