World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 16 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

gmyers

Record Breaker
this. I am really surprised her Team and coached havent figured out that her Flip is her weakest Jump
they should never maximize it and attach combos for a weak jump

And on the rare occasion she does manage their plan with a three jump combo with a flip it happened at Euros where she singled her first flip costing her the title. So they know putting in two flips will cost her titles but keep it? This is just strange! She can fall on a flip and single a flip and then maybe do 2 or 3 jump combos with it but sometimes she can't even do combos like at worlds! This planning really makes no sense. They need to minimize it. Is this because she doesn't train full run throughs? Like she can do flip after flip in practice so they're like she can really do the flip!! She's great at it! But then just blames nerves for flip failures in competition? So they don't need to work on removing flips just her nerves? Just replace it with something else. Loop?

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
So good to see Gracie mature right before our eyes this season. She's learning to control her nerves much better too. She didn't let Ashley's great performance rattle her at all. Of course it being a team competition might have helped but she still responded with a great performance of her own. Now get her a choreographer who can figure out the right programs for her and she's set and a threat next season.

happyskate6

Rinkside
3 thoughts about the ladies event:

1. I was really happy to see Akiko make a comeback. She was overscored, perhaps, but it was great that she won!
2. So great for Ashley and Gracie to end on a strong note as well - loved their skates. Gracie sure has matured throughout the season. Nice to see!
3. I have difficulty with many of sky_fly20's posts. He/she may know a lot about skating, but the insults he/she makes about these extraordinary skaters are so rude. It makes this forum less of a place to talk technicalities and more of a place to defend people and get into arguments. Please sky_fly20: opinions are great, but insults are childish and only make you look uneducated. I think you are better than that.

Looking forward to next season!!

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
And on the rare occasion she does manage their plan with a three jump combo with a flip it happened at Euros where she singled her first flip costing her the title. So they know putting in two flips will cost her titles but keep it? This is just strange! She can fall on a flip and single a flip and then maybe do 2 or 3 jump combos with it but sometimes she can't even do combos like at worlds! This planning really makes no sense. They need to minimize it. Is this because she doesn't train full run throughs? Like she can do flip after flip in practice so they're like she can really do the flip!! She's great at it! But then just blames nerves for flip failures in competition? So they don't need to work on removing flips just her nerves? Just replace it with something else. Loop?

she lands consistenly her flips in practice and warm up as her coach suggests
and even Sotnikova herself feels confident about them only in actual competition it has problems
something needs to be fixed or she needs to minimize using the Flip jump.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 199.58
2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 188.60
3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 188.03
4. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 183.10 Free Skate
5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 177.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy
6. Zijun LI (CHN) - 171.50 Free Skate
7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 164.85
8. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 159.71 Free Skate
9. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 155.49
10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 152.16 Free Skate
11. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 140.82
12. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 121.80 Free Skate

babyskate

On the Ice
I think you are being a little too critical of a young girl, not too mention giving bad advise. Eating 1 meal a day is the worst solution. All athletes should eat 3 balanced meals a day. Opinions such as yours is why so many young female athletes end up with eating disorders.

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
I was very impressed with Ashley and Gracie today. I think the US has finally gotten back its 1-2 punch threat with
these two ladies. :yes:

Akiko must be thrilled with her performances I know that I am. She really rocked both the SP & LP, well done!

Icey

Record Breaker
I sure wish I had your powers to see into the future. It's quite incredible the things you see with your magical powers....

IMO Gracie will pass Wagner next season too. And I don't think magical powers are needed to see the probability of that is high.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Wagner should just retire. She's not bringing it. She no longer bothers to bring it. Send some young one so they can build on the Olympics experience.

Adelina is typical. This girl is not good. I honestly don't see any nice quality. Kiira at least looks like a knock out. And her basic skating skills are very good. Adelina is just "meh"
Weak jumps, bad flutz, bad flip (hello, did anyone ever see her rocking the edge on those flips?), bad 3T, bad 2A, ok Sal, good Loop. So basically one decent jump out of everything? Seriously, aside from her parents, who actually think someone with so much handicaps can be a world/olympics champ? Get real.

Adelina, flaws and all, is a 100x times better skater than that wretched Julia. No contest between the two.

Enidan

On the Ice
Wagner should just retire. She's not bringing it. She no longer bothers to bring it. Send some young one so they can build on the Olympics experience.

Adelina is typical. This girl is not good. I honestly don't see any nice quality. Kiira at least looks like a knock out. And her basic skating skills are very good. Adelina is just "meh"
Weak jumps, bad flutz, bad flip (hello, did anyone ever see her rocking the edge on those flips?), bad 3T, bad 2A, ok Sal, good Loop. So basically one decent jump out of everything? Seriously, aside from her parents, who actually think someone with so much handicaps can be a world/olympics champ? Get real.

Adelina, flaws and all, is a 100x times better skater than that wretched Julia. No contest between the two.

Wagner skates fine. Only Overweight skater should just retire b/c they hurt the ice when they fall.