World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies | Page 17 | Golden Skate

World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Wagner should just retire. She's not bringing it. She no longer bothers to bring it. Send some young one so they can build on the Olympics experience.

Huh? Ashley had a great season. Is there still a question whether she can beat Mao? She and Akiko Suzuki are the only ladies skaters who actually skate with some charisma, in my opinion. Go Ashley! Prove the haters wrong.

Icey

Record Breaker
I suspect Mao will follow in the steps of Kwan and never get that elusive OGM. Torino was her golden year imo and unfortunately she wasn't age eligible.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Huh? Ashley had a great season. Is there still a question whether she can beat Mao? She and Akiko Suzuki are the only ladies skaters who actually skate with some charisma, in my opinion. Go Ashley! Prove the haters wrong.

Yes, by doing 2A-2T. You would have a great season, too if you scale back so much.
Even when Caro was scaling back, she was still doing 2A-3T, and 3T-3T.

The top contenders are upping their TES, and this girl is doing 2A-2T? Ridiculous. Is there a question whether she's gonna be a contender?

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Both American girls did quite well today. I actually thought that Wagner would be in the lead, and then Suzuki's score showed up :eek:. Almost every jump was with sloppy landing. She was slow, her steps are little which doesn't give the wide and scale of the blades and edges. Also, she prepares for all jumps long and with such a scared-depressed face that it makes a hole in the emotional flow of the prog. No way it could have resulted in that good PCS. Which proves once again that ISU's CoP is not judging. It's a customized service that is used when and how it is required at the moment.

jenaj

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, by doing 2A-2T. You would have a great season, too if you scale back so much.
Even when Caro was scaling back, she was still doing 2A-3T, and 3T-3T.

The top contenders are upping their TES, and this girl is doing 2A-2T? Ridiculous. Is there a question whether she's gonna be a contender?

Well, you're entitled to your opinion, even if it makes little sense based on the results.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Does anyone know where I can watch the performance of Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond, Gracie Gold and Akiko Suzuki ? Link please :)

ForeverFish

Medalist
I see from Gracie's FS protocol that she scored, quite consistently, in the 7.50-8.00 range for PCS. Still not up to par with the standards of the very best ladies, but this should be a good sign headed into next season.

ElleluvsL

Rinkside
I'm so glad that Akiko could end her season on a happy and proud note after the disaster of Worlds and can put it behind her now.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Adelina 3 Flip is very unstable either pop, singles or falls

So do you agree that Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya should be sent to Sochi? Adelina's jump technique to me is not very strong and Tuk needs to work on PCS and not bombing the SP, and her FS here was not good either. I'm not even sure the issue is weight related because she can still land the jumps perfectly sometimes (her 3lz and 3f in the program today were gorgeous) but idk, she seems hyperfocused and overcooks her jumps sometimes and then they don't work out. Julia and Anna hardly ever fall and can actually rotate 3lz-3t combo. The worst of puberty monster might not even hit before Sochi anyways, though I do worry Anna could be headed the way of Korobeynikova with her long legs if she continues to grow like a weed. Maybe that is just her build and she will not grow very tall though. Julia I don't see getting affected much by puberty, she is just a small build it seems, like Sasha, I think she will stay petite and if so she may retain all her jumps. Maybe Korobeynikova or Gosviani could even make Olympics if Pogorilaya is still rough around the edges or struggling with growth next season and Liza and Adelina are still struggling. Idk I think the team could be wide open honestly. But I think Julia is 75% likely to be on the team.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
I would not be surprised if Anna Pogorilaya is on the team. There is a girl with real competitive spirit.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
So do you agree that Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya should be sent to Sochi? Adelina's jump technique to me is not very strong and Tuk needs to work on PCS and not bombing the SP, and her FS here was not good either. I'm not even sure the issue is weight related because she can still land the jumps perfectly sometimes (her 3lz and 3f in the program today were gorgeous) but idk, she seems hyperfocused and overcooks her jumps sometimes and then they don't work out. Julia and Anna hardly ever fall and can actually rotate 3lz-3t combo. The worst of puberty monster might not even hit before Sochi anyways, though I do worry Anna could be headed the way of Korobeynikova with her long legs if she continues to grow like a weed. Maybe that is just her build and she will not grow very tall though. Julia I don't see getting affected much by puberty, she is just a small build it seems, like Sasha, I think she will stay petite and if so she may retain all her jumps. Maybe Korobeynikova or Gosviani could even make Olympics if Pogorilaya is still rough around the edges or struggling with growth next season and Liza and Adelina are still struggling. Idk I think the team could be wide open honestly. But I think Julia is 75% likely to be on the team.

Gosvianai - 0%
Korobeynikova - 0%
Pogorilaya - 10% she will get very low PCS in Seniors

Liza - 50%
Leonova - 50%

Julia - 70%
Adelina - 75%

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Gosvianai - 0%
Korobeynikova - 0%
Pogorilaya - 10% she will get very low PCS in Seniors

Liza - 50%
Leonova - 50%

Julia - 70%
Adelina - 75%

Pogorilaya might not get that low PCS in seniors. Her PCS improved 8 points from her 1st JGP to the JGPF in the FS. At JW her PCS were 4th highest in the FS after only Elena, Julia, and Samantha. She skates with a lot of speed and power and her basics are decent. In gala programs she is really expressive too, if she can get that into her competitive programs watch out. Plus she is a thin leggy attractive blonde, that should help her PCS too if we're being perfectly honest. Tuk doesn't have very high PCS anyways, and neither do Leonova and Korobeynikova unless they skate really well. Julia is only a few points ahead at this point. If Anna continues to land her hard jumps consistently I think her PCS in seniors will be strong enough that she could beat out others for the Olympic team on the basis of technical merit (in other words, PCS won't be so far behind that she has to really kill it/others blow it technically). Who knows with puberty and all that but this season she seemed to grow a lot considering her dress in the FS was far too short and looked silly by the end of the season and she was still landing the jumps. Like I said before I think Julia will come back really strong next season and be the best lady, except maybe Radio, on the GP. She is so fierce and determined, like to see that in a girl.

coolboogie22

Match Penalty
Could someone post Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond, Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold ? I don't find them in youtube and I want to see them so badly :cry:

Slowdive

On the Ice
Wagner should just retire. She's not bringing it. She no longer bothers to bring it. Send some young one so they can build on the Olympics experience.

Adelina is typical. This girl is not good. I honestly don't see any nice quality. Kiira at least looks like a knock out. And her basic skating skills are very good. Adelina is just "meh"
Weak jumps, bad flutz, bad flip (hello, did anyone ever see her rocking the edge on those flips?), bad 3T, bad 2A, ok Sal, good Loop. So basically one decent jump out of everything? Seriously, aside from her parents, who actually think someone with so much handicaps can be a world/olympics champ? Get real.

Adelina, flaws and all, is a 100x times better skater than that wretched Julia. No contest between the two.
We all know that you hate the Russian skaters (for whatever reason) - we get it. Now move on.

SXTN

Final Flight
Without a consistent 2A-3T or 3-3 Wagner won't be a medal contender in Sochi unless the top 3 make mistakes. She has done quite a few "almost clean" free skates but never surpassed the 130 mark.

I think this season Mao got more Flips downgraded than credited. She needs to work on her rotation issue. Even her 10-points-cushion in BV is still not enough if every second jump gets the "<" sign on paper.