Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hikki View Post
    The final group of girls saved this entire competition.
    I was so moved by Ashley, Gracie and Akiko!!

Now I hope all the skaters get the rest they deserve
    Seconded! It was thrilling to finally see some great, competitive performances! Gracie will have to up it artistically befores she 'moves' me, but way for landing those big jumps!
    Mao and Adelina brought a lot of good skating to the table as well, but up against those three near-perfect skates, they couldn't afford to make mistakes...
    Good Ladies competition overall!!

I hope all the skaters have a good party and a nice break!

Custom Title
    I don't suppose the skaters get individual medals? I so would wish Akiko to have a gold...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I prefer more consistent skaters like Gracie and Julia
    Julia-consistent? Who knows if Julia would turn out to be even more inconsistent than Adelina at next season.

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Nationals are useless when you cant do it internationally
    she is the New Kiira Korpi which is not good, you will know she cannot skate a clean FS
    That's the thing though....you can never know anything with this sport. You assumed she'd fall twice at Europeans and she didn't fall once and won the silver and some, including myself thought she deserved the gold.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    She did at 2011 Russian Nationals...whether she will on the Senior international stage is something that I think will happen too eventually.
    This is not true anyway. The end of that program was an absolute disaster.

And while Akiko did great and was amazing. Ladies world team trophy gold medalist does not exist at all in anyway and just saying symbolically of her great performance is still kind of annoying.

Nationals are useless when you cant do it internationally
    she is the New Kiira Korpi which is not good, you will know she cannot skate a clean FS
    Adelina has had a very strong year at Euros and Worlds. As did Kiira until the injury. Whether they skated a perfect FS or not. There are not that many perfect freeskates for ladies.

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    Mao in 5th is just too low, now we know for sure she can't be a rival to Yuna anymore considering if South Korea participated in this competition we all know Yuna would've been first place without a doubt.

Tripping on the Podium
    The scoring in this competition was kinda random...but happy for Akiko nevertheless!

It seems like Mao was injured- she seemed to be in a lot of pain during the skate and especially at the end. She definitely fought through. Even Daisuke seemed worried before she skated.

I love love the team spirit and how the teams are so supportive of the other countries. Their kiss and cry shows are awesome!

I prefer more consistent skaters like Gracie and Julia
    GRACIE CONSISTENT?!!??!?! She's been up and down all season. Which is fine for someone getting used to seniors...why can't Adelina have the chance? She is getting better.

Custom Title
    Adelina is just 16 years old. Give her a break. She's a much better skater at that age then Korpi could ever have dreamed of being and if she skates clean she will beat Korpi now.

~high art~
    Mao in 5th is just too low, now we know for sure she can't be a rival to Yuna anymore.
    Old news, never been a rival since 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post
    This is not true anyway. The end of that program was an absolute disaster.

And while Akiko did great and was amazing. Ladies world team trophy gold medalist does not exist at all in anyway and just saying symbolically of her great performance is still kind of annoying.
    You're thinking of 2012 Russian Nationals where Julia beat her. I'm saying 2011 Russian Nationals where she won the free.

Custom Title
    Akiko's TES(65.76) is higher than gold's(65.28)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Anyone want to bring up that Gao should have gone to Worlds over Gracie now?
    or why not bring Zawadzki

Meanwhile in a parallel universe .... theresa's Avatar
    Mao in 5th is just too low, now we know for sure she can't be a rival to Yuna anymore considering if South Korea participated in this competition we all know Yuna would've been first place without a doubt.
    What is the point in bringing up Yuna?

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast