Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

Quote Originally Posted by theresa View Post
    What is the point in bringing up Yuna?
    It was just an example, plus i just expected more of Mao.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by gmyers View Post

You are correct!! But there she wasn't so intent on doing flips she has such severe troubles with. There it was one flip in the FS and she should go back to one flip in the FS because her flip is her worst jump and she can barely do it and it's so random and she needs to stop it because her flip is her weakest aspect in skating. So many skaters have minimized their worst jump she maximixes her worst jump and attaches 3 jump combos to it which she can never achieve and she didn't achieve it here because while she fell on her first flip she landed the second but it was very weak and she didn't do the three jump combo. She can't ever do a three jump combo! Just leaving points on the table in a very foolish mistake of planning by a terrible coach.
    this. I am really surprised her Team and coached havent figured out that her Flip is her weakest Jump
    they should never maximize it and attach combos for a weak jump

Quote Originally Posted by LRK View Post
    When is the Gala - does anybody know?
    April 14th 1:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Congrats to Team USA, Team Canada and Team Japan!

Top three ladies were absolutely fabulous!

Quote Originally Posted by ordinary person View Post
    It was just an example, plus i just expected more of Mao.
    I highly doubt that.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by zamboni step View Post
    GRACIE CONSISTENT?!!??!?! She's been up and down all season. Which is fine for someone getting used to seniors...why can't Adelina have the chance? She is getting better.
    Gracie has improved greatly over this year. She started out slowly at SC (151.57), won a silver medal at CoR (175.03), was top 6 at 4CC (166.66), top 6 at Worlds (184.25), and 3rd at WTT (188.03). She has great jumps, spins and footwork, and has gradually improved her presentation (though that still needs work).

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    you forgot the panelist and judges were very strict at junior Worlds where the skaters got major Downgrades, edge calls and Urs, Julia lost about 3 points doubling the Salchow and would have won against Radionova. the scoring here was very lenient like Akiko scoring higher FS than Gracie
    Judges were very strict at Worlds, too. And Radionova doubled her flip in short, so if both skaters are clean, Radionova would beat Julia on both PCS and TES.

Banned
    I dont get this Julia is worst than Adelina in jumps, sure Adelina has big jumps but lets see

Adelina has a Flutz and cannot rotate the 3T combo, her Flip is unstable - pops or falls and shaky 2A-3T
    Adelina's weak jump is a Flutz, 3Flip and 2A-3T

Julia has been credited with a Lutz this season, her 3 Flip gets an e call but she doesn't pop or Fall from it, she has solid 2A-3T which gets her +GOE's
    Julia's weak jumps is 3S and 2A

Custom Title
    Is there anything wrong with Mao? It seems like she's sick.

I'm surprised that they were strict to Mao-I thought they would be more generous since it's a post-Worlds event.

Quote Originally Posted by demarinis5 View Post
    April 14th 1:00 A.M. Eastern Standard Time

Congrats to Team USA, Team Canada and Team Japan!

Top three ladies were absolutely fabulous!
    Thanks - I'll have to figure out what that is in Central European Time - ack my non-existent math skills...

ETA - All right, I've got it to 7:00 A.M CET - I hope I'm correct.

Custom Title
    Is the ISU channel going to show the gala also?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    I dont get this Julia is worst than Adelina is jumps, sure Adelina has big jumps but lets see

Adelina has a Flutz and cannot rotate the 3T combo, her Flip is unstable - pops or falls and shaky 2A-3T
    Adelina's weak jump is a Flutz, 3Flip and 2A-3T

Julia has been credited with a Lutz this season, her 3 Flip gets an e call but she doesn't pop or Fall from it, she has solid 2A-3T which gets her +GOE's
    Julia's weak jumps is 3S and 2A
    She received 3 edge calls on her Lutz this season:
    TEB SP:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf
    TEB FS:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

And she is expressionless when she skates-she doesn't even try to smile. So it's not only her jumps that would prevent her from being a top skater, but every category of PCS except SS and TR would, too.

Best comeback EVOR! zamboni step's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Gracie has improved greatly over this year. She started out slowly at SC (151.57), won a silver medal at CoR (175.03), was top 6 at 4CC (166.66), top 6 at Worlds (184.25), and 3rd at WTT (188.03). She has great jumps, spins and footwork, and has gradually improved her presentation (though that still needs work).
    That was my point, she's building just like Adelina so to judge one and not the other is unfair.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Is the ISU channel going to show the gala also?
    I think so, they're currently showing that they'll be live streaming in 18h24m.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    She received 3 edge calls on her Lutz this season:
    TEB SP:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._SP_Scores.pdf
    TEB FS:http://www.isuresults.com/results/gp..._FS_Scores.pdf

And she is expressionless when she skates-she doesn't even try to smile. So it's not only her jumps that would prevent her from being a top skater, but every category of PCS except SS and TR would, too.
    I said she has been credited I didn't mean all been credited
    contrary to Adelinas Flutz which she has gotten all season

Consistency is what will make you win in Ladies especially if you are not one of the Top 3
    once you get consistent your PCS will rise.

Custom Title
    Sotnikova has really moved into having three problem jumps. Flutz, triple toes in combo and Flip. The edge call is an automatic deduction so reduction in base values. The toe is only done in combos and she can't rotate it off the flutz or double axel. The flip is fine but it defines inconsistency in skating. So is the triple toe the problem or how she does the double axel or flutz? She can reduce the flip numbers. Previously she would take to edge calls. But now did they do the math and say two edge calls is equal to a fall on the flip? How about doing a triple loop? Loops really aren't worth that much less than flips. But I think I remember having some problems on loops. She can be seen as having a problem on every jump she does. It is just how big are the problems and which can be done with the least damage because jumps are such a huge problem for her.

Page 20 of 26 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast