Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Enidan View Post
    I guess urdinary person notice this now b/c he might just wake up from sleeping pills XD
    My mistake, i should've said now we know for sure Mao won't be able to rival Yuna at the Olympics in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Adelina 3 Flip is very unstable either pop, singles or falls
    So do you agree that Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya should be sent to Sochi? Adelina's jump technique to me is not very strong and Tuk needs to work on PCS and not bombing the SP, and her FS here was not good either. I'm not even sure the issue is weight related because she can still land the jumps perfectly sometimes (her 3lz and 3f in the program today were gorgeous) but idk, she seems hyperfocused and overcooks her jumps sometimes and then they don't work out. Julia and Anna hardly ever fall and can actually rotate 3lz-3t combo. The worst of puberty monster might not even hit before Sochi anyways, though I do worry Anna could be headed the way of Korobeynikova with her long legs if she continues to grow like a weed. Maybe that is just her build and she will not grow very tall though. Julia I don't see getting affected much by puberty, she is just a small build it seems, like Sasha, I think she will stay petite and if so she may retain all her jumps. Maybe Korobeynikova or Gosviani could even make Olympics if Pogorilaya is still rough around the edges or struggling with growth next season and Liza and Adelina are still struggling. Idk I think the team could be wide open honestly. But I think Julia is 75% likely to be on the team.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I would not be surprised if Anna Pogorilaya is on the team. There is a girl with real competitive spirit.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Enidan View Post
    Wagner skates fine. Only Overweight skater should just retire b/c they hurt the ice when they fall.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by silverlake22 View Post
    So do you agree that Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya should be sent to Sochi? Adelina's jump technique to me is not very strong and Tuk needs to work on PCS and not bombing the SP, and her FS here was not good either. I'm not even sure the issue is weight related because she can still land the jumps perfectly sometimes (her 3lz and 3f in the program today were gorgeous) but idk, she seems hyperfocused and overcooks her jumps sometimes and then they don't work out. Julia and Anna hardly ever fall and can actually rotate 3lz-3t combo. The worst of puberty monster might not even hit before Sochi anyways, though I do worry Anna could be headed the way of Korobeynikova with her long legs if she continues to grow like a weed. Maybe that is just her build and she will not grow very tall though. Julia I don't see getting affected much by puberty, she is just a small build it seems, like Sasha, I think she will stay petite and if so she may retain all her jumps. Maybe Korobeynikova or Gosviani could even make Olympics if Pogorilaya is still rough around the edges or struggling with growth next season and Liza and Adelina are still struggling. Idk I think the team could be wide open honestly. But I think Julia is 75% likely to be on the team.
    Gosvianai - 0%
    Korobeynikova - 0%
    Pogorilaya - 10% she will get very low PCS in Seniors

Liza - 50%
    Leonova - 50%

Julia - 70%
    Adelina - 75%

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Gosvianai - 0%
    Korobeynikova - 0%
    Pogorilaya - 10% she will get very low PCS in Seniors

Liza - 50%
    Leonova - 50%

Julia - 70%
    Adelina - 75%
    Pogorilaya might not get that low PCS in seniors. Her PCS improved 8 points from her 1st JGP to the JGPF in the FS. At JW her PCS were 4th highest in the FS after only Elena, Julia, and Samantha. She skates with a lot of speed and power and her basics are decent. In gala programs she is really expressive too, if she can get that into her competitive programs watch out. Plus she is a thin leggy attractive blonde, that should help her PCS too if we're being perfectly honest. Tuk doesn't have very high PCS anyways, and neither do Leonova and Korobeynikova unless they skate really well. Julia is only a few points ahead at this point. If Anna continues to land her hard jumps consistently I think her PCS in seniors will be strong enough that she could beat out others for the Olympic team on the basis of technical merit (in other words, PCS won't be so far behind that she has to really kill it/others blow it technically). Who knows with puberty and all that but this season she seemed to grow a lot considering her dress in the FS was far too short and looked silly by the end of the season and she was still landing the jumps. Like I said before I think Julia will come back really strong next season and be the best lady, except maybe Radio, on the GP. She is so fierce and determined, like to see that in a girl.

Custom Title
    Could someone post Gabrielle Daleman, Kaetlyn Osmond, Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold ? I don't find them in youtube and I want to see them so badly

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Wagner should just retire. She's not bringing it. She no longer bothers to bring it. Send some young one so they can build on the Olympics experience.

Adelina is typical. This girl is not good. I honestly don't see any nice quality. Kiira at least looks like a knock out. And her basic skating skills are very good. Adelina is just "meh"
    Weak jumps, bad flutz, bad flip (hello, did anyone ever see her rocking the edge on those flips?), bad 3T, bad 2A, ok Sal, good Loop. So basically one decent jump out of everything? Seriously, aside from her parents, who actually think someone with so much handicaps can be a world/olympics champ? Get real.

Adelina, flaws and all, is a 100x times better skater than that wretched Julia. No contest between the two.
    We all know that you hate the Russian skaters (for whatever reason) - we get it. Now move on.

Odd...it looked like Mao was in pain during or right after her skate.

Custom Title
    Without a consistent 2A-3T or 3-3 Wagner won't be a medal contender in Sochi unless the top 3 make mistakes. She has done quite a few "almost clean" free skates but never surpassed the 130 mark.

I think this season Mao got more Flips downgraded than credited. She needs to work on her rotation issue. Even her 10-points-cushion in BV is still not enough if every second jump gets the "<" sign on paper.

Custom Title
    LADIES FREE SKATE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 199.58 Free Skate
    2. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 188.60
    3. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 188.03
    4. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 183.10 Free Skate
    5. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 177.36 Free Skate, 2nd Copy, 3rd Copy
    6. Zijun LI (CHN) - 171.50 Free Skate
    7. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 164.85
    8. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 159.71 Free Skate
    9. Kexin ZHANG (CHN) - 155.49
    10. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 152.16 Free Skate
    11. Gabrielle DALEMAN (CAN) - 140.82
    12. Lenaelle GILLERON-GORRY (FRA) - 121.80 Free Skate

Custom Title
    I think that Akiko, Ashley and Gracie were reall great and also enjoyed the skating of the Chinese ladies very much. I wonder what Mao should do..., problems with 3 axel and other jumps as well. Should she leave the 3 axel out and start practising all the other jumps to get them all working and to have a strong triple-triple combination?

Custom Title
    Ashley had to have been aware of all the falls and URs ahead of her, and she wisely decided to forgo the 2a+3t which got dinged at Worlds. It turned out to be the right decision at the time.
    Suzuki had the skate of the season, but she was overscored---a little home ice advantage which perhaps she deserved after NHK.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I think NHK was the best performance of her long. WTT is second. She didn't even need the boost the judges gave her here to win, which makes the scoring even weirder.

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast