Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: World Team Trophy 2013 Ladies

Custom Title
    Good job, Akiko!

Go Akiko!!!!!

Custom Title
    Many congratulations to Adelina. If her FS is as good as her SP, she will win. That would be an enormous confidence booster going into next season.

One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    I would love to see another O like the one at NHK for Akiko. And an overall win would be awesome for her.

Quote Originally Posted by MaiKatze View Post
    I would love to see another O like the one at NHK for Akiko. And an overall win would be awesome for her.
    And it would be her second consecutive WTT win!

Custom Title
    Adelina didn't get an edge call on her 3Lz. Is that a fluke or did she fixed it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Adelina didn't get an edge call on her 3Lz. Is that a fluke or did she fixed it?
    It actually looked clean to me in slow motion: I thought "it shouldn't receive the e"!
    EDIT: she did receive the "e"!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    It actually looked clean to me in slow motion: I thought "it shouldn't receive the e"!
    Silly me! I missed it. Sorry
    So Adelina will skate last. Big pressure to deliver and finally proving she belongs at the top. It will be exciting, especially if Mao/Akiko bring their A game tomorrow and post 130+ scores

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT
    I actually thought the edge call was right, but nethertheless I think she's getting there. She really tries hard to clean up her lutz take off, and it shows. Maybe with some more time and work she'll get it clean. Without the UR and e this could have broken 70!

It's going to be exciting in the LP. She's nearly 7 points ahead of Gracie, and 8 ahead of Mao and Ashley. Her chances to stay on the podium are really good, as long as she manages to skate decently.

As for Akko: so, so happy!!
    I'm a little sad for Mao, but she can always come bouncing back in the LP.
    Shame that Ashley fell on the 2A, it was great that she finally went for the 3F-3T. WTT doesn't matter that much - she got it out there, and she'll need it next season.

And Gracie beating Kaetlyn in PCS:

Custom Title
    Just looked at the protocols now, and here are my main thoughts:

Akiko: Yay! Well done her, looks like a wonderful skate and I'm looking forward to watching the video.

Ashley: So pleased and proud of her for including the 3-3! Next season I'm sure it will be even stronger.

Gracie: I reckon she should change the 3F to a 3Lz - she always gets an edge call on it! 3Lz has more points too!

Quote Originally Posted by ffionhanathomas View Post
    Gracie: I reckon she should change the 3F to a 3Lz - she always gets an edge call on it! 3Lz has more points too!
    But she already does the 3Lz in combo! And, since the 3Lo is not a solid jump for her, 3F is the best option, even with the "e"...

Custom Title
    She can't change the 3F with the 3Lz because she is already doing the 3Lz in the combo (3Lz-3T) and a jump can't be repeated in the SP unless it's in the same combo ( 3T-3T, 3Loop-3Loop). She can change it with a 3Loop since the 3F is just slightly more valuable but with the edge call she gets, she would get more points with a 3Loop with GOE than with a 3F with -GOE

Custom Title
    Just looked at the protocols now, and here are my main thoughts:

Akiko: Yay! Well done her, looks like a wonderful skate and I'm looking forward to watching the video.

Ashley: So pleased and proud of her for including the 3-3! Next season I'm sure it will be even stronger.

Gracie does a 3z3t combo in the short; she can't repeat the 3z. She could do a loop; however, I guess she figures her flip with an edge call is worth more than her loop.

Custom Title
    Oh yes sorry my mistake - completely forgot about that!
    Yes best to stick with the 3F then :-)

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast