2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance | Page 3 | Golden Skate

2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I fully expected M/K to finish 3rd, where else would they have finished? And nobodies? What exactly have S/Z accomplished that M/K haven't? A medal at RC and that's it. If I was a skater I would hate to have sky_fly20 as a fan.

WTT is a Team Event RC is not, I think its just iffy they have the same height though

C/B beat W/P as expected, they will be fighting for Bronze at the Olympics
their PCS will soon be equal with B/S and C/L, I would have C/B PCS higher than W/P here too.

W/P pcs will be dropped like pancakes next Season

vera01

Final Flight
I still think W/P are good team-they have good programs. Personally, I prefer W/P's FD "program" to C/B's...

figuristka

Medalist
Don't think Kaitlyn was suppost to touch down like that. Too bad about the deduction. I prefer their program to C/B. I couldn't call it boring, its beautiful though not as passionate as last years program.

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Oh sorry, didn't know all the single skaters and V/T got on the ice to skate with M/K during that free dance. Yes because without all those other skaters they certainly would not have finished 3rd.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
W/P having higher PCS than C/B is very questionable here, they should have scored the same in PCS here
chock bates have really improved look at their edges. anyways C/B solidified as US No.2

the Shibs will be lucky to be 4th, 3rd spot will be a fight between A/E and H/D next Season
W/P peaked last year and even an inflated home ice score didn't help them at Worlds.

vera01

Final Flight
:rolleye: W/P have beautiful FD program this season, and I think they deserved higher PCS than C/B's.

KKonas

Medalist
W/P having higher PCS than C/B is very questionable here, they should have scored the same in PCS here
chock bates have really improved look at their edges. anyways C/B solidified as US No.2

the Shibs will be lucky to be 4th, 3rd spot will be a fight between A/E and H/D next Season
W/P peaked last year and even an inflated home ice score didn't help them at Worlds.

Igor has done a great job with Chock/Bates this past season. I expect them to continue to improve next season as well. I don't know why you think A/E just coming out of Jrs. will beat the Shibs next year, that's unlikely IMO as A/E tech skills are not yet that great. The Shibs are also better overall technicians than H/D IMO and should do well in the Finnstep, after the disaster Zoueva gave them this season for the SD, but I hope that Zoueva will give the Shibs some attention this coming season with a good SD and FD, otherwise H/D who are showier skaters might beat them for that Olympic Team spot.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
C/B were awesome!!! Very smooth, gliding, light and crystal. Like a fairy-tale on the ice. :clap: I saw him live first time (didn't like yesterday's SD much though) and might become a fan. :bow:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I said it before and I will say it again - C/B will be a force to be reckoned with in the next quad. I was thinking about something Aunt Joyce (aka the fabulous Mr Lease) said about ice dance pairings: that one partner is the stem and the other is the flower. Chock is a very eye-catching flower; Bates is quite a dependable stem (with the ability to emote on ice--something that shouldn't be underestimated). I think the problem with her previous pairing with Zuerlin was that they were both flowers (which is probably why Cabaret really worked for them--one of the few pieces I can think of offhand that requires two flowers!).

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I said W/P are done done done, and I'm right. Now, they are beaten regularly by B/S, C/L, C/B, I/K. Don't blame it on the injury, B/S beat the crap out of them in the GP pre-injury.
I see them dropping further down the rank, rightfully so.
Don't see anything special about these two.

C/B are Igor's #1 and Igor's first "potential" team in his solo coaching career. Watch them rise to the top. He will do everything he can do build them up to be US #1 and then World #1. I think in 2 years, they will pass Meryl and Charlie the same way Meryl and Charlie did to the other US #1 team back in the last quad. They are certainly more talented and have more potential than B/S, I/K, C/L.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I said W/P are done done done, and I'm right. Now, they are beaten regularly by B/S, C/L, C/B, I/K. Don't blame it on the injury, B/S beat the crap out of them in the GP pre-injury.

At Worlds, W/P beat C/B and comfortably beat I/K. At Skate America B/S won over W/P by 2.5 points, but lost the SD to W/P. At Cup of China, yet again W/P were leading B/S after the SD, but lost the FD and the silver medal by 0.5 points (a level 2 CoSp and a mistake on the twizzle cost them silver). That's hardly B/S "beating the crap" out of W/P. :rolleye:

I don't think they're done, but they've put out some really poor performances this season, and then had the injury to boot. IMO, with a good summer and a great program they're still a medal threat, but B/S will likely get bronze over P/B, C/L, W/P with the home ice advantage in Sochi. No way that there won't be a European team on the podium, even if W/P or even C/B deserve it.

W/P really need to increase their difficulty. They're clearly scoring the PCS points to stay ahead of other teams (and while others find them boring, I find them lovely to watch, personally -- and no, not because I'm Canadian, lol). But to push for the podium, they can't afford level 2's or mistakes on the twizzles, and have to have a BV that at least matches C/L, B/S, P/B.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I see them dropping further down the rank, rightfully so.
Don't see anything special about these two.

C/B are Igor's #1 and Igor's first "potential" team in his solo coaching career. Watch them rise to the top. He will do everything he can do build them up to be US #1 and then World #1. I think in 2 years, they will pass Meryl and Charlie the same way Meryl and Charlie did to the other US #1 team back in the last quad. They are certainly more talented and have more potential than B/S, I/K, C/L.

I don't think C/B will have a chance to pass Meryl and Charlie, as I bet Meryl and Charlie will retire after the Olympics (after likely winning gold).

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
At Worlds, W/P beat C/B and comfortably beat I/K. At Skate America B/S won over W/P by 2.5 points, but lost the SD to W/P. At Cup of China, yet again W/P were leading B/S after the SD, but lost the FD and the silver medal by 0.5 points (a level 2 CoSp and a mistake on the twizzle cost them silver). That's hardly B/S "beating the crap" out of W/P. :rolleye.

Worlds was on HOME ICE, and that is what boosted W/P in the standings there. But C/B wasn't far behind, and they have been improving with every competition. They've been together only a year and a half, and they have made tremendous strides this season.

D/W have not said they are retiring after Sochi. It is possible that they will stay til 2016, when Worlds may be in the US. I think we will see C/B gradually closing the gap with D/W during that period.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Worlds was on HOME ICE, and that is what boosted W/P in the standings there. But C/B wasn't far behind, and they have been improving with every competition. They've been together only a year and a half, and they have made tremendous strides this season.

I don't disagree with C/B's improvement, but W/P surely would have won if they didn't err on the twizzles in the SD or fall in their FD. C/B deserved their win, because they were cleaner and had greater difficulty, but W/P performed better. As for Worlds being on home ice as boosting them, they had worse results than the previous years, and their FD scored less than their FD in Nice (non-home ice) in 2012. Their PCS was behind C/L in both segments, even though in Nice they were ahead of them in PCS in both segments. I guess it's futile though to ever suggest that results achieved on home ice aren't anything but inflated especially in something as subjective as ice dance.