Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Sorry for the off topic, but what teams are currently working with Igor? I know Madison and Even are with him (he is their primary coach, right?), Anna/Luca (full time or only in the summer?) and I see the Reeds with him in the K&C. I know he also works with R/T but only "part time". Are there any other teams? It seems that after Sochi he will be the number one coach.

You may not know it, but Carron & Jones also are among Igor's sometime students:
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00012355.htm
    They jumped from 21st last year at Euros back to 12th.

He also was involved with Heekin-Canedy & Dun of Ukraine, who improved 3 slots at Euros and one at Worlds
    http://www.isuresults.com/bios/isufs00013630.htm

And his long time students, Tobias & Stagniunas, finished 15th at Worlds. If she can get her citizenship in Lithuania (unlikely), they are qualified for Olympics.

Plutowska & Gerber (POL) got their first trip to Worlds (they got their qualifying TES) with Igor, but didn't make the FD.

For a guy who was just fired & had no rink at this time last year, he's been amazing, and yes, I think he's coach of the year.

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Bobrova has tweeted her support to the Russian dancers:

Екатерина Боброва ‏@crazybober
    @KirillKhalyavin @KsMonko ребята, молодцы!!)) с первым днем! Так держать!!!)))
    1:30 AM - 11 Apr 13
    https://twitter.com/crazybober/statu...65375775526912

Rough translation: Good job, kids!! [Congratulations on] your first day! Keep going!!!

As for Shpilband, another team of his is Kriengkrairut/Giuletti-Schmitt -- who announced after U.S. Nationals that they were joining him.

ETA:
    Another new team with Shpilband: Yura Min/Timothy Koleto, who plan to compete for Korea.
    By the way, I learned from the link above that Greg Zuerlein is a member of the Shpilband coaching team. So former partners Zuerlein and Chock now are working together as coach and student, I guess??

True, about K/G-S.

Congrats to Chock/Bates! Great score for them!

C/B were fabolous, especially in the second half of the program, well deserved first place! They've improved so much since last year! (congratulations to Igor, obviously, who's doing a great job!)
    Too bad about W/P score, but they looked a bit rough technically, yes, their score was fair I think...
    And, what a shame about M/K twizzles, because I really like this program a lot!

Anyone see SD videos yet?

Custom Title
    Thank you Doris. Igor is getting busy! I really like the work he has done with his teams. (the Shibs should have gone with him...)
    Madison and Evan were really great and deserved the lead considering the mistakes W/P did. I just hate Madison's dress, she is stunning but she gets buried in that dress. Also good score for M/K. Zhulin is working hard with them for that third spot. R/T did well in going to Igor, they need to upgrade the levels to hold on that third place. I/K might get lost in the mix with all the Russian couples upgrading fast.

Custom Title
    SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 66.54 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    2. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 62.42 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 59.47 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    4. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 56.35 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    5. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 54.73 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    6. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 45.15 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

^Thanks Mao88 I will watch when I get home from work.

Can't wait to see C/B and M/K. Good score for the Reeds, usually they are in last. Looking forward to seeing the improvements they
    have made. To bad about W/P. The loss of training due to Kaitlyn's injury seems to be affecting them some, but it is a good score
    overall for them.

Chris Reed actually did a pretty good set of twizzles (I'm not sure whether I've ever seen him really do that)

In fact, though they are 3 points behind M&K, third place is not impossible if they skate their Beatles FD as well.
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-11-2013 at 10:57 AM.

Banned
    Dance event was boring. Six top couples are not competing here, so it's kind of understandable that the event is much less exciting. Canadians skated wider, but they were rather dull and not impressive. C/B were slightly more colourful but not that super. RusFed should have sent S/B instead of M/K. The young Russians would be still 3rd I guess but at least they would have brought some spice with their big curves on the ice performed by tall, long-legged dancers.

S&B probably didn't want to learn the Yankee Polka just for one event...RusFed probably had no choice to send them.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Dance event was boring. Six top couples are not competing here, so it's kind of understandable that the event is much less exciting. Canadians skated wider, but they were rather dull and not impressive. C/B were slightly more colourful but not that super. RusFed should have sent S/B instead of M/K. The young Russians would be still 3rd I guess but at least they would have brought some spice with their big curves on the ice performed by tall, long-legged dancers.
    You do know that the Juniors SD was not the Yankee Polka right?

Custom Title
    I know they only competed at Russian nationals and don't know what they are doing now but Gorshkova/ BUitikov would've been nice to see!!

Custom Title
    Great skate by C/B! Definitely deserving of the lead.

Augh, W/P just can't seem to get a break eh... with the stumble on the twizzles and extended lift. Hope they have a strong FD, because they really can't afford to lose to C/B.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast