Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2013 World Team Trophy Ice Dance

Custom Title
    C/B have a 4.12 lead, and theirs and W/P's FS scores were close at Worlds: 98.66 W/P and 97.19 C/B. Should be a cliffhanger tonight.

SHORT DANCE - RESULT & VIDEOS (Updated)

1. Madison CHOCK & Evan BATES (USA) - 66.54 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    2. Kaitlyn WEAVER & Andrew POJE (CAN) - 62.42 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    3. Ksenia MONKO & Kirill KHALIAVIN (RUS) - 59.47 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    4. Cathy REED & Chris REED (JPN) - 56.35 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    5. Pernelle CARRON & Lloyd JONES (FRA) - 54.73 Short Dance, 2nd Copy
    6. Xiaoyang YU & Chen WANG (CHN) - 45.15 Short Dance, 2nd Copy

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    C/B have a 4.12 lead, and theirs and W/P's FS scores were close at Worlds: 98.66 W/P and 97.19 C/B. Should be a cliffhanger tonight.
    Not really; if it was that close with C and B with such a huge lead C and B will have yet another victory to celebrate. They really came on strong; could they win oly bronze???? Look at their tech elements - they can skate with like the big boys and girls and I am not talking W and P either think big, think Oly glory.

So a question.... I never watch ice dancing - and am watching now - so what is the likelihood of everyone just ending up in the positions they are in already? So far that seems to be the way it's going. Is that the way it usually is, or... ?

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    I think we've just seen the future!

Akiko's not going to retire after Sochi after all. She's going to find herself a bloke and go Ice Dancing!!!

And Mao is going to follow suit when she eventually to retire from singles skating (hopefully not straight after Sochi...)

Or, maybe that is just wishful thinking from somebody who is a big fan of both of them...

CaroLiza_fan

EDIT: If you are wondering what I'm on about, watch the highlights and results of Cathy and Chris' Free Dance.

Custom Title
    Wait.. it seems like W/P made a mistake:(

Custom Title
    And happy birthday, Kaitlyn!!

Banned
    another shocker Monko/Khaliavin finishing 3rd who are nobodies and haven't accomplished much compared to say Sinitsina/Zhiganshin whom they also beat.

Chock/Bates should win this easily, Weaver/Poje are boring.

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA CaroLiza_fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Wait.. it seems like W/P made a mistake:(
    Personally, I wasn't sure if Kaitlyn being on the ground was a mistake or just part of the choreography...

Loved the audience's rendition of "Happy Birthday" for Kaitlyn!!!

Aww, and her team-mates gave her a cake!!!

Happy Birthday Kaitlyn!!!

From Gordon (CaroLiza_fan)

I fully expected M/K to finish 3rd, where else would they have finished? And nobodies? What exactly have S/Z accomplished that M/K haven't? A medal at RC and that's it. If I was a skater I would hate to have sky_fly20 as a fan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DobrinFan View Post
    I fully expected M/K to finish 3rd, where else would they have finished? And nobodies? What exactly have S/Z accomplished that M/K haven't? A medal at RC and that's it. If I was a skater I would hate to have sky_fly20 as a fan.
    WTT is a Team Event RC is not, I think its just iffy they have the same height though

C/B beat W/P as expected, they will be fighting for Bronze at the Olympics
    their PCS will soon be equal with B/S and C/L, I would have C/B PCS higher than W/P here too.

W/P pcs will be dropped like pancakes next Season

Custom Title
    I still think W/P are good team-they have good programs. Personally, I prefer W/P's FD "program" to C/B's...

Don't think Kaitlyn was suppost to touch down like that. Too bad about the deduction. I prefer their program to C/B. I couldn't call it boring, its beautiful though not as passionate as last years program.

Oh sorry, didn't know all the single skaters and V/T got on the ice to skate with M/K during that free dance. Yes because without all those other skaters they certainly would not have finished 3rd.

Banned
    W/P having higher PCS than C/B is very questionable here, they should have scored the same in PCS here
    chock bates have really improved look at their edges. anyways C/B solidified as US No.2

the Shibs will be lucky to be 4th, 3rd spot will be a fight between A/E and H/D next Season
    W/P peaked last year and even an inflated home ice score didn't help them at Worlds.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast