Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 World Team Trophy Pairs

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    You've just been on a Chan bashing spree and you're now discrediting D/R's lift. And it doesn't matter if you stole it from an interview... you're presenting it as your own (since you don't source it) and you agree with what she's saying anyways. Maybe think for yourself?
    You've been on a Chan defending spree and you're now protecting D/R. And it doesn't matter if you are on SC payroll or thinking for yourself. I told you I too can type.

Quote Originally Posted by micnow View Post
    So in my opinion the scoring for Pairs/Dance (with only 1 entry) should be changed like: 12-10-8-6-4-2 points for the first 6 places. That would be much fairer for this competition (and more interesting as well).
    I think the scoring format was set as it was because Japan does not excel in dance or pairs. (This year it backfired because Japan could not field a pairs team at all.)

IIRC in the initial negotiations between Japanese television and the ISU four years ago, they wanted only a mens and ladies competition. The ISU insisted on including the other two disciplines, in part in the hope that this would encourage Japan to put greater effort into their pairs and dance programs.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    You've been on a Chan defending spree and you're now protecting D/R. And it doesn't matter if you are on SC payroll or thinking for yourself. I told you I too can type.
    I don't know what you mean by "I can type". I've defended Chan, but I've also agreed when he shouldn't have won. I haven't outright defended him to the death; I neither supported when he's had a brash attitude or when he's had questionable victories. And I'm telling you, my defence of him is not because I'm Canadian - it's because he's an excellent skater. It would be like you saying anything positive about Daisuke/Hanyu/Asada/Suzuki and then me automatically dismissing your opinion as biased nationalism just because you happen to be Japanese.

Also, I'm telling you why D/R's lift was better, but you're listening to some Russian woman's interview and using that opinion to bash D/R. Sure, "you can type" -- you can type what other people in interviews say, without even thinking for yourself, apparently.

Banned
    I don't know what you mean by "I can type". I've defended Chan, but I've also agreed when he shouldn't have won. I haven't outright defended him to the death; I neither supported when he's had a brash attitude or when he's had questionable victories. And I'm telling you, my defence of him is not because I'm Canadian - it's because he's an excellent skater. It would be like you saying anything positive about Daisuke/Hanyu/Asada/Suzuki and then me automatically dismissing your opinion as biased nationalism just because you happen to be Japanese.
    I am not Japanese. And Chan is not an excellent skater.

Keep your posts constructive.

Custom Title
    I am not Japanese. And Chan is not an excellent skater.

Keep your posts constructive.
    Your location is Japan, though. And Chan is an excellent skater... otherwise he wouldn't consistently score so high on his PCS. Whether he's a consistent skater, that's up for debate, but at the moment you can't really say anyone in the men's field is consistent.

Banned
    Your location is Japan, though.
    What you are saying? That I am kind of Japanese, though?
    And Chan is an excellent skater... otherwise he wouldn't consistently score so high on his PCS.
    Chan is not an excellent skater. Otherwise his PCS score wouldn't be up to debate by fs community. Anything new?

Custom Title
    What you are saying? That I am kind of Japanese, though?

Chan is not an excellent skater. Otherwise his PCS score wouldn't be up to debate by fs community. Anything new?
    So, because of my nationality I'm apparently on SC payroll... from this logic of yours, because your location is Japan, I should dismiss any positive things you say about the Japanese skaters as national bias... since obviously you're on the Japanese Fed's payroll, right?

Chan is an excellent skater. His PCS scores are up for debate because jealous haters can't stand the fact that the vast majority of the skating world - including the judges - loves his skating quality. So they make subjective claims like how his programs are lacking expression, or cry bloody murder when he makes mistakes but still scores high (but, of course, turn a blind eye when their own favourite skaters make errors but are scored high).

Banned
    D/R are a mismatched Pair nothing other than their height difference is working for this pair, No Artistry
    she has ugly lines and too stocky looking, they are even deplorable than the fake crocodile teared named Sale/Pelletier.

Banned
    So, because of my nationality I'm apparently on SC payroll... from this logic of yours, because your location is Japan, I should dismiss any positive things you say about the Japanese skaters as national bias... since obviously you're on the Japanese Fed's payroll, right?
    I don't know your nationality. I never said you're on SC payroll. You said that because of your nationality you are apparently on the one. Moreover, your "because of my nationality" and "from this logic of your, because of your location" makes no sense at all. Location is location, natonality is naionality. Maybe in Canada is different but not in the rest of the world to my knowledge.
    Chan is an excellent skater. His PCS scores are up for debate because jealous haters can't stand the fact that the vast majority of the skating world - including the judges - loves his skating quality.
    Chan is not an excellent skater. Excellent skaters don't zamboni ice multiple times and don't steal titles. Vast majority you claim? Maybe your idea of a SC payroll is the right one.

Custom Title
    Chan IS an excellent skater, but he sure didn't skate like one in both SP and FS at WTT and the FS at Worlds. When Chan skated well in the past, he regularly got mid-to-high 9s in his PCS scores. We're not seeing many 9s this season. Chan needs a technical coach and if he doesn't get one, and continues to skate at his current level, we will see his PCS scores decline further.

Custom Title
    I don't know your nationality. I never said you're on SC payroll. You said that because of your nationality you are apparently on the one. Moreover, your "because of my nationality" and "from this logic of your, because of your location" makes no sense at all. Location is location, natonality is naionality. Maybe in Canada is different but not in the rest of the world to my knowledge.
    Chan is not an excellent skater. Excellent skaters don't zamboni ice multiple times and don't steal titles. Vast majority you claim? Maybe your idea of a SC payroll is the right one.
    Look at your post #16 above.

And, yes, the vast majority of the skating world appreciates what he does in between the elements, and would consider him one of the best artistic skaters for that reason. Artistry isn't just about expression, it's about technique... paintings/songs aren't appreciated just for the overall look or the expressive performance, they're appreciated for various brush strokes and difficult and interesting combinations of notes.

Pairs about to begin.

http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

For easy access, should anyone be in need of it.

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

Music: Payadora by Julian Plaza

3Tw
    3T
    4STh - fall
    Li
    FCCoSp - unison quite off
    2A+2T - bit shaky, she puts foot down early
    PCoSp
    3STh
    FiDs