Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 47

Thread: 2013 World Team Trophy Pairs

  1. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    You've just been on a Chan bashing spree and you're now discrediting D/R's lift. And it doesn't matter if you stole it from an interview... you're presenting it as your own (since you don't source it) and you agree with what she's saying anyways. Maybe think for yourself?
    You've been on a Chan defending spree and you're now protecting D/R. And it doesn't matter if you are on SC payroll or thinking for yourself. I told you I too can type.

  2. #17
    Custom Title Mathman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    28,828
    Quote Originally Posted by micnow View Post
    So in my opinion the scoring for Pairs/Dance (with only 1 entry) should be changed like: 12-10-8-6-4-2 points for the first 6 places. That would be much fairer for this competition (and more interesting as well).
    I think the scoring format was set as it was because Japan does not excel in dance or pairs. (This year it backfired because Japan could not field a pairs team at all.)

    IIRC in the initial negotiations between Japanese television and the ISU four years ago, they wanted only a mens and ladies competition. The ISU insisted on including the other two disciplines, in part in the hope that this would encourage Japan to put greater effort into their pairs and dance programs.

  3. #18
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    You've been on a Chan defending spree and you're now protecting D/R. And it doesn't matter if you are on SC payroll or thinking for yourself. I told you I too can type.
    I don't know what you mean by "I can type". I've defended Chan, but I've also agreed when he shouldn't have won. I haven't outright defended him to the death; I neither supported when he's had a brash attitude or when he's had questionable victories. And I'm telling you, my defence of him is not because I'm Canadian - it's because he's an excellent skater. It would be like you saying anything positive about Daisuke/Hanyu/Asada/Suzuki and then me automatically dismissing your opinion as biased nationalism just because you happen to be Japanese.

    Also, I'm telling you why D/R's lift was better, but you're listening to some Russian woman's interview and using that opinion to bash D/R. Sure, "you can type" -- you can type what other people in interviews say, without even thinking for yourself, apparently.

  4. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    I don't know what you mean by "I can type". I've defended Chan, but I've also agreed when he shouldn't have won. I haven't outright defended him to the death; I neither supported when he's had a brash attitude or when he's had questionable victories. And I'm telling you, my defence of him is not because I'm Canadian - it's because he's an excellent skater. It would be like you saying anything positive about Daisuke/Hanyu/Asada/Suzuki and then me automatically dismissing your opinion as biased nationalism just because you happen to be Japanese.
    I am not Japanese. And Chan is not an excellent skater.

    Keep your posts constructive.

  5. #20
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I am not Japanese. And Chan is not an excellent skater.

    Keep your posts constructive.
    Your location is Japan, though. And Chan is an excellent skater... otherwise he wouldn't consistently score so high on his PCS. Whether he's a consistent skater, that's up for debate, but at the moment you can't really say anyone in the men's field is consistent.

  6. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Your location is Japan, though.
    What you are saying? That I am kind of Japanese, though?
    And Chan is an excellent skater... otherwise he wouldn't consistently score so high on his PCS.
    Chan is not an excellent skater. Otherwise his PCS score wouldn't be up to debate by fs community. Anything new?

  7. #22
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    What you are saying? That I am kind of Japanese, though?

    Chan is not an excellent skater. Otherwise his PCS score wouldn't be up to debate by fs community. Anything new?
    So, because of my nationality I'm apparently on SC payroll... from this logic of yours, because your location is Japan, I should dismiss any positive things you say about the Japanese skaters as national bias... since obviously you're on the Japanese Fed's payroll, right?

    Chan is an excellent skater. His PCS scores are up for debate because jealous haters can't stand the fact that the vast majority of the skating world - including the judges - loves his skating quality. So they make subjective claims like how his programs are lacking expression, or cry bloody murder when he makes mistakes but still scores high (but, of course, turn a blind eye when their own favourite skaters make errors but are scored high).

  8. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,378
    D/R are a mismatched Pair nothing other than their height difference is working for this pair, No Artistry
    she has ugly lines and too stocky looking, they are even deplorable than the fake crocodile teared named Sale/Pelletier.

  9. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    2,184
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    So, because of my nationality I'm apparently on SC payroll... from this logic of yours, because your location is Japan, I should dismiss any positive things you say about the Japanese skaters as national bias... since obviously you're on the Japanese Fed's payroll, right?
    I don't know your nationality. I never said you're on SC payroll. You said that because of your nationality you are apparently on the one. Moreover, your "because of my nationality" and "from this logic of your, because of your location" makes no sense at all. Location is location, natonality is naionality. Maybe in Canada is different but not in the rest of the world to my knowledge.
    Chan is an excellent skater. His PCS scores are up for debate because jealous haters can't stand the fact that the vast majority of the skating world - including the judges - loves his skating quality.
    Chan is not an excellent skater. Excellent skaters don't zamboni ice multiple times and don't steal titles. Vast majority you claim? Maybe your idea of a SC payroll is the right one.

  10. #25
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,668
    Chan IS an excellent skater, but he sure didn't skate like one in both SP and FS at WTT and the FS at Worlds. When Chan skated well in the past, he regularly got mid-to-high 9s in his PCS scores. We're not seeing many 9s this season. Chan needs a technical coach and if he doesn't get one, and continues to skate at his current level, we will see his PCS scores decline further.

  11. #26
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    5,490
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I don't know your nationality. I never said you're on SC payroll. You said that because of your nationality you are apparently on the one. Moreover, your "because of my nationality" and "from this logic of your, because of your location" makes no sense at all. Location is location, natonality is naionality. Maybe in Canada is different but not in the rest of the world to my knowledge.
    Chan is not an excellent skater. Excellent skaters don't zamboni ice multiple times and don't steal titles. Vast majority you claim? Maybe your idea of a SC payroll is the right one.
    Look at your post #16 above.

    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    You've been on a Chan defending spree and you're now protecting D/R. And it doesn't matter if you are on SC payroll or thinking for yourself. I told you I too can type.
    And, yes, the vast majority of the skating world appreciates what he does in between the elements, and would consider him one of the best artistic skaters for that reason. Artistry isn't just about expression, it's about technique... paintings/songs aren't appreciated just for the overall look or the expressive performance, they're appreciated for various brush strokes and difficult and interesting combinations of notes.

  12. #27
    Custom Title LRK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    2,525
    Pairs about to begin.

    http://livemanager.eurovision.edgesu...ite/index.html

    For easy access, should anyone be in need of it.

  13. #28
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,360
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

    Music: Payadora by Julian Plaza

    3Tw
    3T
    4STh - fall
    Li
    FCCoSp - unison quite off
    2A+2T - bit shaky, she puts foot down early
    PCoSp
    3STh
    FiDs
    Li
    Li

    FS: 60.07 + 56.05 - 1.00 = 115.12
    Tot: 172.30, in 1st (out of 1)

  14. #29
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,360
    Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

    Music: Poeta by Vincente Amigo

    4Tw - bit low catch
    3T+2T
    Li
    3LoTh
    2A - she fall
    FCCoSp - unison ok
    3STh
    Li
    BiDs
    PCoSp
    ChSq
    Li

    One fall, otherwise solid skate

    FS; 57.18 + 55.24 - 1.00 = 111.42
    Tot: 170.04 (SB), in 2nd (out of 2)

  15. #30
    Custom Title figuristka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Finland & Canada
    Posts
    1,367
    The music for the Chinese pair make me miss Stephane Lambiel :(

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •