2013 World Team Trophy Pairs | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 World Team Trophy Pairs

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
What you are saying? That I am kind of Japanese, though?

Chan is not an excellent skater. Otherwise his PCS score wouldn't be up to debate by fs community. Anything new? :sarcasm:

So, because of my nationality I'm apparently on SC payroll... from this logic of yours, because your location is Japan, I should dismiss any positive things you say about the Japanese skaters as national bias... since obviously you're on the Japanese Fed's payroll, right? :laugh:

Chan is an excellent skater. His PCS scores are up for debate because jealous haters can't stand the fact that the vast majority of the skating world - including the judges - loves his skating quality. So they make subjective claims like how his programs are lacking expression, or cry bloody murder when he makes mistakes but still scores high (but, of course, turn a blind eye when their own favourite skaters make errors but are scored high).

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
D/R are a mismatched Pair nothing other than their height difference is working for this pair, No Artistry
she has ugly lines and too stocky looking, they are even deplorable than the fake crocodile teared named Sale/Pelletier.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
So, because of my nationality I'm apparently on SC payroll... from this logic of yours, because your location is Japan, I should dismiss any positive things you say about the Japanese skaters as national bias... since obviously you're on the Japanese Fed's payroll, right? :laugh:
I don't know your nationality. I never said you're on SC payroll. You said that because of your nationality you are apparently on the one. Moreover, your "because of my nationality" and "from this logic of your, because of your location" makes no sense at all. Location is location, natonality is naionality. Maybe in Canada is different but not in the rest of the world to my knowledge.
Chan is an excellent skater. His PCS scores are up for debate because jealous haters can't stand the fact that the vast majority of the skating world - including the judges - loves his skating quality.
Chan is not an excellent skater. Excellent skaters don't zamboni ice multiple times and don't steal titles. Vast majority you claim? Maybe your idea of a SC payroll is the right one.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Chan IS an excellent skater, but he sure didn't skate like one in both SP and FS at WTT and the FS at Worlds. When Chan skated well in the past, he regularly got mid-to-high 9s in his PCS scores. We're not seeing many 9s this season. Chan needs a technical coach and if he doesn't get one, and continues to skate at his current level, we will see his PCS scores decline further.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I don't know your nationality. I never said you're on SC payroll. You said that because of your nationality you are apparently on the one. Moreover, your "because of my nationality" and "from this logic of your, because of your location" makes no sense at all. Location is location, natonality is naionality. Maybe in Canada is different but not in the rest of the world to my knowledge.
Chan is not an excellent skater. Excellent skaters don't zamboni ice multiple times and don't steal titles. Vast majority you claim? Maybe your idea of a SC payroll is the right one.

Look at your post #16 above. :rolleye:

You've been on a Chan defending spree and you're now protecting D/R. And it doesn't matter if you are on SC payroll or thinking for yourself. I told you I too can type. :popcorn:

And, yes, the vast majority of the skating world appreciates what he does in between the elements, and would consider him one of the best artistic skaters for that reason. Artistry isn't just about expression, it's about technique... paintings/songs aren't appreciated just for the overall look or the expressive performance, they're appreciated for various brush strokes and difficult and interesting combinations of notes.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

Music: Payadora by Julian Plaza

3Tw
3T
4STh - fall
Li
FCCoSp - unison quite off
2A+2T - bit shaky, she puts foot down early
PCoSp
3STh
FiDs
Li
Li

FS: 60.07 + 56.05 - 1.00 = 115.12
Tot: 172.30, in 1st (out of 1)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Cheng PENG / Hao ZHANG (CHN)

Music: Poeta by Vincente Amigo

4Tw - bit low catch
3T+2T
Li
3LoTh
2A - she fall
FCCoSp - unison ok
3STh
Li
BiDs
PCoSp
ChSq
Li

One fall, otherwise solid skate

FS; 57.18 + 55.24 - 1.00 = 111.42
Tot: 170.04 (SB), in 2nd (out of 2)

figuristka

Medalist
I do agree that D/R are not as well matched physically as T/V , i find Eric more artistic and Megan more athletic but the pair is working well together and i like their choregraphy and enjoy watching them.

Not sure why Chan was brought into this but he is truly a skater's skater. Yes an excellent skater but has not been as fine a competitor this season despite Worlds.He will have to make some changes next season i think. He doesn't seem as confident during competition as before.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Vanessa JAMES / Morgan CIPRES (FRA)

Music: Pearl Harbour (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

3Tw
3S
3T+2T+2T
FCCoSp
FiDs
Li - bit shaky pos. change
3FTh
3STh - holds on, perhaps slightly twofooted
ChSq
Li
PCoSp
... missed ending due to stream

But from what I saw, a nice skate.

FS: 59.29 + 56.29 = 115.58
Tot: 174.31, ind 1st (out of 3)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: Angel

3Tw - bit hesitant exit
3Lz - she falls
ChSq
Li
FCCoSp
Li
3S+2T - she does 1S+1T
PCoSp
3LoTh - hangs on
Li
3LzTh - nice
FiDs

Not their best, she had problems with the sbs jumps

FS: 59.01 + 63.20 - 1.00 =121.21
Tot: 191.15, in 1st (out of 4)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Violin Muse by Ikuko Kawai, based on Partita for Violin No. 2 by Johann Sebastian Bach and Chaconne by Tomaso Vitali

3Tw
3S - she falls
3T+2T - unison bit off
FiDs
FCCoSp
3LoTh
Li
3STh
Li
ChSq
Li - problems w/ one foot gilde
PCoSp

Not as effortless as Worlds, but they should still win comfortably

FS: 65.22 + 71.84 - 1.00 = 136.06
Tot: 210.47, in 1st (out of 5)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Peng/Zhang got their score raised

to: 61.54 + 55.24 - 1.00 = 115.78 (PB, 3rd best of the night)

I did think their score were low, considered they rotated everything, had a quad twist and only had one mistake (1 fall)

This means they will not place 5th, but move up to 3rd. Team China is still in 6th, but only 1 point from Team France

micnow

Rinkside
Peng/Zhang got their score raised

to: 61.54 + 55.24 - 1.00 = 115.78 (PB, 3rd best of the night)

I did think their score were low, considered they rotated everything, had a quad twist and only had one mistake (1 fall)

I just realized the same. But I agree. their score were so low considered they had a quad twist clean throws and a clean combination. as I watched their score first, I thought they are so underscored (in comparison with C/S).

But how can this happen?

micnow

Rinkside
Now I wonder, why the score of James/Cipres was so low. I think they had a great performance...

LRK

Record Breaker
Yes, I too wonder how this can happen? And how did they discover the error - oops! We meant to give x but gave y? I'm... confused....