Will Tuktamysheva lose a spot for the Olympics Team? | Golden Skate

Will Tuktamysheva lose a spot for the Olympics Team?

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I am shocked and did not see this coming, the headcase Sotnikova is doing better

there is a history to this, Liza mostly has terrible SP you can look to her national competition
but never this badly.

I like Liza but if she keeps bombing the SP ,I'm sorry but she might lose a spot on the Team
Adelina and Julia will be going , Alena or even Pogorilaya might have a better chance

a meltdown like that at the Olympics, and that's just the short program. :disapp:

Mirunna

Record Breaker
She doesn't yet have a spot to lose. No Russian lady has. Most likely top 3 from RN will battle it out at Euros or something like that. Liza can bomb the LP at WTT, failing to land a single jump and can still make the Olympic team. Or not. We'll see next season. You have a way of predicting the worst outcome for the skaters career and when you do, they suddenly start skating better:laugh: Look how well is Adelina doing, and I am not just saying that because she landed her jumps at WTT but because she skated with confidence. She is slowly building up momentum, building some confidence after almost 2 years of inconsistent skating. And that still doesn't get her an Olympic spot. She'll have to earn it next season. For all we know, the Olympic spots can go to Korobeynikova and Pogorilaya

Mao88

Record Breaker
The short program has always been Tuk's Achilles heel. The problem she has is that if she is going to get one of the two spots for the Olympics, she has to resolve it one way or another quickly. In my view, Sotnikova will in all likelihood get one of the spots. Its then a straight fight between Tuk and Lipnitskaya for the other. If Tuk consistently messes up her SP's next season, especially at Nationals, then Julia will get the 2nd spot

gmyers

Record Breaker
Her problem is the SP. Like in her two GPF's total bomb in the SP and then major comeback in the FS. She can do well in the FS here but her short programs are very bad and it doesn't matter when they are. She falls or leaves out combo and it is usually very bad and flawed and she may not even qualify for Euros in December because she may put herself in such a deep hole that no matter how good her FS is it may not be enough to qualify. She has until December to really train SP's well. ANd if she can't do an SP because she gets too nervous that what is making her nervous so bad? What did she do in Russian nationals 2013? She did well there.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Her problem is the SP. Like in her two GPF's total bomb in the SP and then major comeback in the FS. She can do well in the FS here but her short programs are very bad and it doesn't matter when they are. She falls or leaves out combo and it is usually very bad and flawed and she may not even qualify for Euros in December because she may put herself in such a deep hole that no matter how good her FS is it may not be enough to qualify. She has until December to really train SP's well. ANd if she can't do an SP because she gets too nervous that what is making her nervous so bad? What did she do in Russian nationals 2013? She did well there.

Didn't she bomb the SP there and then skate lights out in the LP? I think I only saw the LP, but I thought I remembered people saying the SP wasn't so hot. She was also sick there, IIRC.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Didn't she bomb the SP there and then skate lights out in the LP? I think I only saw the LP, but I thought I remembered people saying the SP wasn't so hot. She was also sick there, IIRC.

I only remembered she placed first there so thought she must have skated well and so I checked and she did. She landed all her jumps there and the combo and did everything. Looks like being sick was the perfect distraction!

Jaana

Record Breaker
Country
Finland
This is very late in the season and WTT results do not give any indication of how the skaters might skate in the fall, at the Nationals or even at the Olympics, in my opinion.

flying camel

Medalist
Liza had proven to be a very good competitor. She has very good technique on the jumps. What happen at words in the sp just seem to be a freak accident. The same weird thing happen to Ashley in the Lp at worlds. It was Liza' s first worlds after all. We have come to expect so much of these young girls. I expect Liza to be in contention for an Olympic medal. The gold medal may be out of reach with so many in front of her, but she may sneak on that podium.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Liza had proven to be a very good competitor. She has very good technique on the jumps. What happen at words in the sp just seem to be a freak accident. The same weird thing happen to Ashley in the Lp at worlds. It was Liza' s first worlds after all. We have come to expect so much of these young girls. I expect Liza to be in contention for an Olympic medal. The gold medal may be out of reach with so many in front of her, but she may sneak on that podium.

Not with a PCS in mid 27+ to 28+ range

gmyers

Record Breaker

The SP at worlds had a slip and fall and missed spin and then 1A but it goes so well with all her other SP mistakes even if all the other SP mistakes involve falling on jumps. Maybe her worlds SP mistake was a freak thing but her bombing a SP was not a freak thing.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Not with a PCS in mid 27+ to 28+ range

Exactly.
Time to practice those quad axel-quintuple toe combo. Her inflated PCS could barely get her top 10 at World. If scored correctly, she should be in the mid teen in placement (IF CLEAN)

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Clearly from Russian Nationals, Liza is capable of making the podium if she skates entirely cleanly. But the pressure on her at Sochi would be incredibly high. If she can channel the home crowd energy she might have a shot, but it's really unlikely given her inconsistency especially in the SP. I think she'll still make the Olympic team (especially now that Makarova and Leonova are essentially no longer threats to her), but she's so mercurial that the Russian fed might have a tough time if she bombs at the next Nationals.

gmyers

Record Breaker
She has to worry about Julia Lipnitskaya! Lipnitskaya must see Liza's short program problems as the key to her going to Sochi. She want to go to Sochi and she wants to win in Sochi and Liza's SP problems are her ticket there!! I would imagine no one is trying harder in Russia than Lipnitksaya. Sotnikova is a national champ and Liza is a national champ and they have both been to worlds and Julia needs to be great to get there and it is so possible for her. Not so much Leonova or Makarova or Gosviani or Pogorilaya. Pogorilaya is the least known and experienced but I believe she is eligible too.

LRK

Record Breaker
To the thread question - it's too early to say.

However, her SP woes are definitely a problem that needs sorting. Hopefully they'll find a way to work on that for next season.

bestskate8

On the Ice
Last year Adelina had problems, this year Liza.
By next year Liza will get used to new body. Now it is hard to predict anything with so young girls.
Russia also has Lipliskaya!

gmyers

Record Breaker
This short program problem for Liza has existed almost her entire career. 2010 Russian nationals 10th SP 1st LP. Before that wasn't so big 5th SP 1st LP not so big but still. It's very rare that she does a good SP regardless of whats going on with her body. And why would her body only affect short programs but almost never long programs? She says she always gets extremely nervous before short programs. No one needs to compete more next season than Liza so she can get short program jitters out the way. I have no idea what makes her nervous and has always made her nervous.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Lipnitskaia could very well have Tuktamysheva's same struggle with the puberty monster next season. But unless Tukt starts bringing the jumps in the SP, her Olympic spot could be in danger.

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Lol maybe. I want the Sochi team to be Lipnitskaya and Pogorilaya if Liza and Adelina continue to bomb so much...Julia and Anna seem to be more feisty and they have been very consistent with their jumps, it's very rare to see them fall. Maybe this will change as they continue to go through puberty but they both seem to be adjusting to the growth well for now. Korobeynikova I love as well but she is maybe even more error-prone than Tuk and Sot and this past season her tech content was rather weak.