Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Wagner's Olympic Strategy: Play It Safe?

Quote Originally Posted by LeCygne View Post
    The thing about Ashley is that she has great presentation and nice choreo and everything, but it doesn't come off effortless. Yu-Na makes everything look easy, Mao looks like she's skating on a cloud most of the time, even Gracie's jumps look effortless when they're on. Ashley has detailed and difficult choreo but it looks like she's performing detailed and difficult choreo. Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's just her style, but I often get the sense that she's trying really hard when she skates, and sometimes it comes off as unnatural.
    Actually, I think there's been improvement in this arena. If you look at her programs from 2009-2010 or 2010-2011, you can see how much labored they were. I think she's still a work in progress, and I think she exudes a lot more confidence in her programs now, which I really appreciate.

Ashley is a power skater, so I don't think it would work to make her look like she's floating on clouds.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Ashley is a power skater, so I don't think it's would work to make her look like she's floating on clouds.
    EXACTLY. Don't try to be something you're not. She has an athletic style and she needs programs that embrace that style and exploit it to its fullest. THAT will max out her "potential" at least in my eyes.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10