Akiko Suzuki: WTT redemption | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki: WTT redemption

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I agree, that skate gave me goosebumps. Slight errors on some of the landings, but who cares... she had more speed and abandon than all season. Surely this has to keep her at the top of the JSF's list. Had she performed like this at Worlds for sure she would have been top 5. Hope she can take this going into next season and really become a medal contender for Sochi. If Kostner/Asada make errors she could be one of the few to sneak ahead of them.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
She was robbed of winning both her grand prix events. Which is a shame as she is an older skater at the end of her career, as she has a limited # of international wins, so those would have been big for her. It was a terrible thing to do to her, but the judging in singles especialy is reaching a new all time low. It was great to see her skate so well at the WTT however.

skateluvr

Record Breaker
Akiko is the best Japanese woman. I think she's been so unsung due to Mao love-i love Mao but Akiko is amazing. I wish her a medal in Sochi.

christinaskater

Medalist
I love Akiko so much. She is so effervescent on the ice. She skates from her heart and soul and it is just so beautiful. I am happy that for WTT, she skated 2 solid programs. Akiko is just the ballerina on ice.

I also love the beautiful quality of Mao! She has become a glorious artiste on the ice as well.

I love that the Japanese girls are close and are like true friends. Steely competitors but great people!

christinaskater

Medalist
I do hope Akiko could skate to a really powerful piece for her short and go for beautiful classical concerto or piano concerto for the free skate. She is the supreme artist on ice for me along with Carolina, Yu-Na and Mao!

Icey

Record Breaker
I don't think this competition can be seen as redemptive even though she skated very well . But maybe she learned something about peaking at the opportune time.

christinaskater

Medalist
I don't think this competition can be seen as redemptive even though she skated very well . But maybe she learned something about peaking at the opportune time.

There were so many events for this season for all the skaters. It's so easy for all of them to peak early. Ashley, Mao and Akiko actually were consistent but peaked too early.

christinaskater

Medalist
I really put Michelle Kwan on the pedestal in terms of skating. I am not ashamed to say that for me the true heir of Michelle in terms of passion, joy and musicality on ice is Akiko Suzuki.

I wish she also had the mental strength and consistency of Michelle and she would be perfect. Nonetheless, she is one of the best skaters of all-time for me.

MFarone

Final Flight
Country
United-States
Akiko has been my favorite lady for the past 3 years. I also hope she can finish her career with an Olympic medal and Worlds medal too!

Last edited:

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Akiko has been my favorite lady for the past 3 years. I also hope she can finish her career with an Olympic medal and Worlds medal too!

An Olympic medal and World title would be nice. I am hoping for the bronze in Sochi behind Kim and one of Kostner/Asada (but not both), and then the gold at post Olympic Worlds on home ice.

christinaskater

Medalist

Me too! Whatever she achieves, she will always be with Michelle Kwan and just recently Yu-Na Kim, as my ultimate favourite skaters of all-time! She is just amazing! Beyond words!

christinaskater

Medalist
An Olympic medal and World title would be nice. I am hoping for the bronze in Sochi behind Kim and one of Kostner/Asada (but not both), and then the gold at post Olympic Worlds on home ice.

I know, but again, no pressure. Que sera sera. Whatever will be, will be, the future is not ours to see, que sera sera! Fingers crossed though :)

christinaskater

Medalist
My favourite skaters of all-time

1. Michelle Kwan
2 Akiko Suzuki
3. Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao.
4. Alexei Yagudin
5. Yu-Na Kim
6. Daisuke Takahashi
7. Chen Lu
8. Todd Eldredge/ Kurt Browning
9. Shizuka Arakawa
10. Jeff Buttle.

christinaskater

Medalist
A life of a skating fan is incomplete until one sees Akiko summon the magic of joy, happiness and flight on ice LIVE! Seeing her live is one of the greatest experiences one will ever feel. Queen Akiko Suzuki on ice= Uncomparable feeling/ out of body experience!

christinaskater

Medalist
”I was happy I was able to skate like this at the end of the season. This performance really came from my heart only. Because I was skating this program for the last time, I didn’t care if I would faint in the choreostep or not, but I just put all my energy into the program”- Akiko Suzuki