Akiko Suzuki: WTT redemption | Golden Skate

Akiko Suzuki: WTT redemption

sweetskates1

Medalist
Amazing Akiko Suzuki!!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SKATING! And than kyou christinaskater for posting this video and comment.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVfvEPNDQA

I love the journey of Akiko Suzuki through skating and through life! I am so proud that she was able to bounce back from a disappointing worlds with her personal best FP and TS! I think her TS is the 5th highest PB of all time and her FS is the 4th highest PB of all-time!

aftertherain

Record Breaker
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMVfvEPNDQA

I love the journey of Akiko Suzuki through skating and through life! I am so proud that she was able to bounce back from a disappointing worlds with her personal best FP and TS! I think her TS is the 5th highest PB of all time and her FS is the 4th highest PB of all-time!

Awww! The Japanese team had white feathered boas for Mao's program and blue & green ones for Akiko!

deedee1

Record Breaker
I was there last night, and not only myself but EVERYONE loved her performance to O at the World Team Trophy! :love:

Akiko Suzuki ROCKS! :rock:

Moment

Final Flight
As much as I like Akiko as a skater and performer, the score cannot be taken very seriously.

Cherryy

On the Ice
I'm extremely happy for Akiko. She deserved this score and I'm super glad that I was able to watch this program so well executed. One of the best performances of this season for me :)

mikeko666

Final Flight
She had an UR jump at NHK, and her performance here was squeeky clean and much superior, and scoring at the WTT tends to be very highish. She was robbed of winning NHK, but not neccessarily deserving of a score over 130 there.

Suzuki's FS scores
@NHK TES: 64.51 (six triples) PCS: 62.11
@4CC TES: 60.10 (six triples) PCS: 64.33
@WTT TES: 65.76 (seven triples) PCS: 67.26

What made the difference is PCS, not TES. She finally received PCS she deserved at WTT. I agree with christinaskater. Suzuki should have received 130+ at NHK. 66+* for PCS was enough to reach 130 and win.

Maybe WTT was a redemption for ISU judges as well, of embarrassing themselves at NHK.

* number corrected

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Suzuki's FS scores
@NHK TES: 64.51 (six triples) PCS: 62.11
@4CC TES: 60.10 (six triples) PCS: 64.33
@WTT TES: 65.76 (seven triples) PCS: 67.26

What made the difference is PCS, not TES. She finally received PCS she deserved at WTT. I agree with christinaskater. Suzuki should have received 130+ at NHK. 64+ for PCS was enough to reach 130 and win.

Maybe WTT was a redemption for ISU judges as well, of embarrassing themselves at NHK.
Exactly! Properly judged, her NHK FS could have been between 130 and 135... However, this FS brings Akiko in 4th place in the FS personal best ranking (http://www.isuresults.com/isujsstat/pbslfs.htm), better than Rochette 2010, Liza's 2013 Euros and Caro... :clap:

christinaskater

Medalist
WTT is an official event by the ISU and is a "serious" event. It is the 6 best performing countries at Worlds all fighting for the much coveted World team trophy. Each output is crucial to win the event. Akiko delivered with the most command that I've seen from her. So much speed. Her musicality, dynamism, energy, lyricism and interpretation was out of this world. So underrated but is so deserving of success. I am proud of her with her PB Total score and FS score.

She is truly a very special skater. In the few years I have followed her skating, I have truly fallen in love with this girl. She will forever be a champion in my heart and she will have a spot in my all-time favourite skaters like Michelle Kwan, Yu-Na Kim, Kristi Yamaguchi, Chen Lu, Yuka Sato, Miki Ando and Mao Asada. Had she skated like this at Worlds, she would have won silver. Simply phenomenal! She is her own superstar. Amidst the other super skaters like Yu-Na, Mao and Carolina, I hope she would trust the voice within and fullfil her destiny.

christinaskater

Medalist
What a great season for Akiko all in all.
Masterpieces for the SP for 4CC and WTT. Super free skates from NHK Trophy , Skate Canada and WTT!
Silver medal from 4CC, GPF bronze medalist, WTT bronze medalist, gold for ladies, 2nd in Skate Canada and NHK Trophy!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It would be nice if she could the bronze at the Olympics (anything higher is probably unrealistic) than win gold at her final Worlds at home when some of the big guns likely dont enter. That would be a dream final season for her and realistic if she skates her best.