My wish thread | Page 3 | Golden Skate

My wish thread

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
The Finnstep is a quickstep, derived from the quickstep OD of Rahkamo & Kokko, the Finns. So the pattern dance is the Finnstep, but the general character of the Finnstep is quickstep.

venlac

On the Ice
I want to see Yuna have her best performance(two clean program) again at the 2014 Olympic Games.
Now it does not matter to me, win or lose.

And Javier Fernandez or Evgeni Plushenko win the gold medal in sochi
V / M's second Olympic gold

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wish for a Russian sweep of EVERYTHING with all the Russians skating clean and well.

The amount of whining and moaning and crying in the horrendously biased press and the horrendously biased forums would be amazing!

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I wish for a Russian sweep of EVERYTHING with all the Russians skating clean and well.

The amount of whining and moaning and crying in the horrendously biased press and the horrendously biased forums would be amazing!

Hah, as amusing as that would be I'm pretty certain it won't happen in singles and absolutely certain it won't happen in ice dance (although B/S likely just need to stay on their feet to claim bronze).

tommyk75

Rinkside
For clean performances all around at the Olympics, without any weird controversy over the scores. That being said, my wish list would be a return to the 6.0 system at some point after Sochi and an expansion of the Grand Prix to about 10 events to establish a more legimate and prestigious pro skating tour that gets rid of the silly "pro" and "amateur" distinctions once and for all.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I wish (to clarify) would be:

1. Peace on Earth or at least on this website - less bickering, less hate more love

2. An Olympics that is safe and happy no international violent incidentces

3. I wold love to see A Canadian man finally get a gold medal ofafter all those years of being the Susan Lucci's of figure skating

4. As much as I adore D and W and sometimes get annoyed with Moir's big mouth that V and M would repeat Oly gold. I would like them ewarded for trying more things than D and W who I do think will win gold

5. In pairs I wish that Pand T could just leave in peace and not suffering further injury.

6. I would love to see Gracie, Kaetlyn and any of the Russian girls win the ladies medals at th eolympics

7. In men's it would be thrilling to see Plushy skate.

8. Chan realizes and gets a coach

9. Mao skates well

10. Max and Adam Rippon go to the Oly's.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
In an ideal world, my first wish would obviously be that none of the Japanese Ladies team retires.

But, being realistic, I wish that Akiko Suzuki has a really successful swansong, and is a regular on the podium during her final season! (I particularly wish for her to be on the podium at all 3 Major competitions – 4 Continents, Olympics and Worlds!)

I also wish that Kanako Murakami and Mao Asada reconsider their decisions to retire, and continue on for at least another year or two. But preferably until Pyeongchang! ;)

During my time on this forum, I have never made a secret of the fact that I am not a fan of Kim Yu-Na. She is a brilliant skater, but she is just far too cocky for my liking. So, I would like Mao to continue on into the post-Yu-Na era, basically so that Yu-Na cannot claim that she single-handedly brought down the strongest Japanese Ladies team for years, and in particular that she broke the will of the great Mao Asada.

Oh, and I probably don’t need to say this, but I wish that Mao wins the Ladies singles competitions at 4 Continents in Taiwan, at the Olympics at Sochi, and on home soil at the Worlds in Saitama!

OK, so I’ll just say it. My wish for the Olympic and Worlds competitions is for the medallists to be: -

Gold: Mao Asada
Silver: Kim Yu-Na
Bronze: Akiko Suzuki

My next wish would be that the Russian teenagers successfully get through the issues that girls of their age have to deal with, and come back next season stronger than ever, just in time for Sochi.

Although (all things being equal) I don’t see any of the Russian Ladies team getting onto the podium at the Olympics or at Worlds, I wish that Liza, Adelina, Polina K and Alena become regular podium finishers (if not competition winners) throughout the 2014 season, and that as many as possible of the 3 that are selected for Europeans make it onto the podium!

On the subject of the Russian team, I wish that Evgeniy Plushenko gets back to full fitness, and wins the Men’s competitions at Budapest, Sochi and Saitama! (A tough ask for somebody of his age and physical condition, but this is the great Plushenko, after all!!! ;) )

I also wish that Denis Ten continues his good run of form into the 2014 season. However, if Plushenko does get back to full fitness, I don’t think that Denis will repeat his silver medal from this year’s Worlds.

I also wish that Javier Fernandez has a very successful 2014 season, and wins Europeans and whatever GP events he enters, AND finishes on the podium in Budapest, Sochi and Saitama!

Well, I’ve done it for the Ladies, so I’ll do it for the Men’s. My wish for the Olympic and Worlds competitions is for the medallists to be: -

Gold: Evgeniy Plushenko
Silver: Javier Fernandez
Bronze: Patrick Chan

In the Pairs skating, my first wish would be that Narumi Takahashi and Mervin Tran come back (with their respective new partners) and pick up where they left off – fighting for top 5 positions.

Although it probably won’t happen (well, how often do you see a competitor keep the same routine for 2 seasons?), I wish that Kirsten Moore-Towers/Dylan Moscovitch would keep the Queen medley that they used for their FS this year. OK, so I’m probably biased because I’m a massive Queen fan, but that orchestra version of the songs was out of this world!!! Like, “Bohemian Rhapsody” is my favourite song of all time but that is the best version (apart from the original, of course) that I have ever heard!

The funny thing is, my wish for medal positions at the Olympic and Worlds competitions is a repeat of this year’s Worlds podium: -

Gold: Tatiana Volosozhar/Maxim Trankov
Silver: Aliona Savchenko/Robin Szolkowy
Bronze: Meagan Duhamel/Eric Radford

In Ice Dance, there are so many partnerships that I wish would have a good season, for many different reasons. For a start, I wish Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat/B] have a successful year, as I have always liked them, and 2013/14 will probably be their last season.

I also wish that Nelli Zhiganshina/Alexander Gazsi get higher up the top 10 at Olympics and Worlds in 2014 than they did at World’s in 2013. I absolutely love the way they manage to put together routines that tick all the boxes and yet, at the same time, are so different to anything else we see on the ice!

Oh, and I wish Lucie Myslivečková/Neil Brown have a better season in 2013/14, as they are a good partnership, and deserved a lot better than they got at Europeans and Worlds this year. But, I’m probably biased because I have chatted with Lucie a number of times, and she is an absolutely lovely, down-to-earth girl!

So, my wish for the Olympic and Worlds competitions is for the medallists to be: -

Gold: Tessa Virtue/Scott Moir
Silver: Meryl Davis/Charlie White
Bronze: Nathalie Péchalat/Fabian Bourzat

Yes, you read that right. For once I didn’t wish for the Russians to win the gold!!! ;)

But, I do wish that Ekaterina Bobrova/Dmitri Soloviev, Elena Ilinykh/Nikita Katsalapov and Ekaterina Riazanova/Ilia Tkachenko have a successful year, as all three couples are not only the present of Russian ice dancing, but they are also the future.

That said, I would love to see Ksenia Monko/Kirill Khaliavin on the international stage more often. OK, so I liked their performances on the ice when I first saw them at the Cup of Russia, and when I saw them again at Russian Nationals. But I REALLY took to them during the World Team Trophy, largely due to Ksenia’s antics off the ice! Put it like this – with Ksenia’s personality, how could you not like them?! ;) :biggrin:

But the most important of all my wishes is that we have a season where we have sensible judges scores at every competition! Whether this is a realistic wish or not is another matter, though...

CaroLiza_fan

gimble

On the Ice
During my time on this forum, I have never made a secret of the fact that I am not a fan of Kim Yu-Na. She is a brilliant skater, but she is just far too cocky for my liking. So, I would like Mao to continue on into the post-Yu-Na era, basically so that Yu-Na cannot claim that she single-handedly brought down the strongest Japanese Ladies team for years, and in particular that she broke the will of the great Mao Asada.

I'm not sure whether we can make an accurate personality assessment of any skater we see without knowing them personally, so I set my impressions aside when I watch skating.

I do wish for
1. everybody to skate her/his best at the Olympics
2. nobody is injured
3. everybody is judged fairly

Let the best two skates win, though it would be quite cool if at least one teenager sensation makes it to the podium.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
I'm not sure whether we can make an accurate personality assessment of any skater we see without knowing them personally, so I set my impressions aside when I watch skating.

Fair enough point, gimble. Although I have had chats with 4 or 5 skaters on Facebook, I don't actually know any skaters personally. So, perhaps I am being a bit harsh on Yu-Na.

My opinion of Yu-Na is largely based on the way she behaves when she and Mao are on the podium together. But, as that is way off the subject of this thread, I will not elaborate more on it here.

Getting back to the subject, and I think your wishes are spot on! I wish I could have been that succinct and to the point! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan