My wish thread | Page 2 | Golden Skate

My wish thread

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Max to repeat as National champion - just for the factor of watching the Abbott-fans' heads explode again...

Neither Asada nor Kim to podium at the Olympics...to watch the internet melt down!

Oh and Ross to make the Olympic team - for more exploding heads!

figuristka

Medalist
Wish for Patrick to skate well at Olympics and get a gold or any other medal at least in singles. Would also like Dai on the podium again. Both deserving of medals and have been long in the sport so hope they are both healthy and skate well. My other wish to medal i think is Yuzuru.

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want a darkhorse candidate to win a medal.

Like Denis Ten did at Worlds... and Paul Wylie did... and who else did we not see coming over the years?

I think it's exciting when a non-favorite faces the moment of truth and prevails.

fure

Rinkside
Plushenko to be healthy and skate lights out to deliver two clean programs, and hopefully olympic medal of any color (come to think of it, he still haven't had bronze. Now there's a possibility he'll had a complete set)

Liza nailed it in the SP and got a medal

OGM for Mao Asada. She's a hardworking skater and after so many ups and downs this last two seasons she truly deserves it

Kavaguti/Smirnov to qualified for olys, and giving good performances. I know podium place is a long shot :'(

Most of all, I hope a controversy-free competition and the medalist truly delivers a medal-deserved programs

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I am in a ridiculous mood today, but here is another wish:

Since they had Lysacek do a topless shoot ahead of the last Olympics, can the USFSA get Max Aaron to do one ahead of this one? Please? Pretty, pretty, pretty please? :love:

silverlake22

Record Breaker
Hanyu wins OGM
Kozuka makes the Olympic team
Gao makes the Olympic team
Abbott wins an Olympic/World medal before he retires
Joubert finally skates well at the Olympics
Kostner wins a medal at the Olympics and overcomes her demons
Verner finally has a good competition before he retires
Lipnitskaya makes the Olympic team and is the highest placing Russian
Korobeynikova recovers her :points: content and finally becomes consistent
Radionova and Pogorilaya kick butt on the senior GP
Farris makes the Olympic team
Aaron successfully does a 3 quad FS

I'm sure there are more but for now that's good

Florencito

Medalist
Javier, Jeremy and Daisuke to make podium at GPF, Olympics and Worlds
Liza to have two well choreographed programs and to skate them properly
Alissa to have an injury-free season
Ilynikh/Katsalapov to dump Morozov and to join Krylova
Sinitsina/Ziganshin to dump Kustarova and to win bronze at Nazionals
Papadakis/Cizeron to medal at one GP event
Akiko to have another wonderful season and to medal at Olympics or Worlds
Radionova and Nathan Chen to dominate Juniors
Nagasu to make Olympic and World teams
Verner to skate one, I ask only a last one, program properly
Davis/White to win Olympics
Paul/Islam to win bronze at Nationals
Berton/Hotarek to make to the GPF
Russia to win Olympic team event followed by Japan and USA in any order
Italy to find good young skaters
Everyone to be scored fairly

Moment

Final Flight
Davis/White to be scored at least 5 points behind Virtue/Moir in PCS to accurately reflect their weaker basics.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
An olympic medal, of any colour for Carolina. No one deserves it more. I hope she's 3rd time lucky after her rough olympic experiences in 2006 and 2010.

I disagree. One could argue Canada's men deserves a gold after being the Susan Lucci's of skating. Pang and tong maybe deserve Godl and K and S a medal for their perseverence. Maybe Mao deserves gold for not being allowed to skate at her peak? but since it is your wish good luck but 3rd time lucky does that apply to Jouber too and others???

-My wish for Sochi olympics

Plushy medals at Sochi against all odds(injury, tough competition)
Yuna skates two clean programs so that she can have her happy farewell to the (competitive) sport.
Mao skates two clean programs so that she can have no regrets in her skating life. She deserves that, really.
Ashley and Gracie skates lights out and finish around top 5-ish.
Ricky Dornbush makes it to Olympic team, and secures himself as a real contender.
V/M win another OGM.
Carolina wins an oly medal.
Javier wins an oly medal.
Chan wins an oly medal, if that one is gold, I'd be the happiest.
S/S bring mind-blowingly amazing two programs and go clean to get OGM, their long-dreamt goal, a crowning touch to their glorious career.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Mao and Dai win OGM. This is my biggest wish :love:
S/S win OGM with their best programs in their career
Nathalie/Fabian win an oly medal.
V/M and D/W to place 1 and 2 at olys (in whatever order. They are too good to pull a Maroney. I think I want D/W to take the gold this time. It would be a shame for one of the best ice dance couple to retire without the Olympic title)
russian ladies skate well at Sochi
Javier and Kozuka win an oly medal
Carolina and Yuna win an oly medal
Zijun wins a medal at 2013 Worlds:)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Davis/White to be scored at least 5 points behind Virtue/Moir in PCS to accurately reflect their weaker basics.

NOT going to happen.

PCS Scores this season, V/M and D/W head-to-head:
38.05 9.43 9.36 9.57 9.61 9.57 D/W, GPF SD
37.26 9.25 9.07 9.39 9.39 9.43 V/M, GPF SD

57.63 9.54 9.46 9.71 9.75 9.68 D/W, GPF FD
56.86 9.39 9.29 9.61 9.61 9.64 V/M, GPF FD

37.82 9.32 9.43 9.39 9.61 9.50 D/W, 4CC SD (they were 2nd)
37.62 9.39 9.14 9.50 9.50 9.54 V/M, 4CC SD (they were 1st)

57.74 9.54 9.43 9.71 9.71 9.89 D/W, 4CC FD
56.47 9.39 9.25 9.25 9.75 9.54 V/M, 4CC FD

38.83 9.57 9.50 9.82 9.82 9.79 D/W, Worlds 2013 SD
38.30 9.46 9.43 9.64 9.71 9.61 V/M, Worlds 2013 SD

58.79 9.71 9.64 9.96 9.96 9.86 D/W, Worlds 2013 FD
58.32 9.61 9.50 9.96 9.86 9.86 V/M, Worlds 2013 FD

V/M never once this past season beat D/W on PCS, even when V/M had the lead in the SD.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
For next year my wish is that the top skaters at the Olympics reach their peak. I would love for Kostner to medal with two clean programs. I would love for Mao to skate an 8-triple performance, and it's hard to envision anyone even attempting that for many years to come. I would love for Chan and Dai to skate clean and Fernandez to land 3 quads, resulting in a nail biter. If not clean performances, I really hope that the skaters who deserve the podium make the podium, even if they're not "supposed" to make the podium.

For following years, my wish is that the Ladies up their technical content and we start seeing 7-triple performances again -- hopefully Radionova/Sakhamovich, etc. develop artistically and really push the field the way Kim did. Maybe more 3A's or even a quad. I would hate to see the typical slump in the years following the Olympics.

I'd love to see men attempting higher-level quads in competitions. By 2018, would love to see an Olympics with most men attempting 2 quads in the SP and 2 quads in the FS.

I hope PCS is ironed out so that lesser skaters who skate lights out with high difficulty get the marks they deserve, even if they haven't been around for a while, and also so top skaters aren't held up in wake of errors.

I would love for Kim to stick around for the Olympics in South Korea, much like Plushenko in Sochi.

In general, I'd love for the world to be excited about figure skating again, especially since aesthetically it is one of the most beautiful sports and athletically it's one of the most difficult.

snejina

Rinkside
For the 2014 year my wish is Mao Asada win OGM.
S/S win OGM, which is my biggest wish.
Nathalie/Fabian win a bronze medal.
V/M win again the Olympic golds, D/W - silver and P/B - bronze
Carolina and Yuna win an oly medal
Plushenko win the Olympic title

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States

I find this comment rather mean spirited, sorry. I think they're both great teams, but let's not put one down to elevate the other.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

It won't happen. Just like I wish there was some way to reward, not punish directly at least, V and M for trying so many different things while D and W always were safe. I was always surprised the lack of ability of D and W to do the latin dances and tangos. Sure they are good but they really did not pick up on the nuances. Yet they got rewarded still.

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
And I was surprised at V&M's inability to convey polka happiness, bounciness, and general perkiness.

Fortunately for both teams (and the fans), they both are good at quickstep, which is next year's SD pattern dance.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I thought it was finnstep? I guess my wish will be V and M in part because i don't want the world to assume how great G and P are for winning to OGM. They were good but werelucky to get one OGM.