My wish thread | Golden Skate

My wish thread

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
I wish Russian ladies become dominant, just like they were hyped. They have goods, now they need to use them.
Aaand I wish that there will be, at some point, a great junior:) I'm used to great male skaters from this country)

What are your wishes for the upcoming years?:)

bramweld

Record Breaker
I hope a russian pair or a pair of any nationality comes on the scene reminiscent of G/G or B/S; beautiful skating that you want to watch over and over.*sigh* Mervin Tran and his former partner were headed in that direction, in spite of the issues with her jumps before they split:yes:

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I wish Russian ladies become dominant, just like they were hyped. They have goods, now they need to use them.
Aaand I wish that there will be, at some point, a great junior:) I'm used to great male skaters from this country)

What are your wishes for the upcoming years?:)

Well, what about Elena Radionova?

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
I hope a russian pair or a pair of any nationality comes on the scene reminiscent of G/G or B/S; beautiful skating that you want to watch over and over.*sigh* Mervin Tran and his former partner were headed in that direction, in spite of the issues with her jumps before they split:yes:

Scimeca/Knierim could possibly become this.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I wish that Artur was able to skate well again, to the best of his ability, and be happy.

Cherryy

On the Ice
Mine is gold medals in Sochi for Mao, V/T and D/W. I wish Patrick will skate his FS without falls in Sochi. I wish some of the best skaters won't retire past Sochi. There are too many of them. I'd like figure skating in general to be as good as it has been so far. I wish people won't make dire predictions about certain skaters after one or two bad performances.
I would love all the skaters to learn jumps with proper technique. You see so many juniors that had/have the potential but their jumps are always URed, or too little, or they have the mule kick so that later they struggle a lot. This also means not rushing things, not doing them in a bad way if they cannot be done properly.

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Many wishes, but most of all for "Taka" Kozuka to make the World & Olympic team for Japan!

clairecloutier

Final Flight
My wish for next season is that all the top ladies have wonderful programs that really showcase their abilities. This was a great year for the ladies' programs, especially the long programs--Carolina's Bolero, Mao's Swan Lake, Ashley's Samson & Delilah, Akiko's O Cirque du Soleil, and to a lesser extent Kim's Les Miserables, Osmond's Carmen, Li's Sleeping Beauty, and Korpi's Once Upon a Time in America, were all great programs that brought out the best in these women. I want to see the same next year, and even better. I'm especially hoping for great programs from Gracie Gold, Christina Gao, and Adelina Sotnikova. These three young ladies are rising stars; now let's see what they can do with really great choreography/programs.

figureskate

On the Ice
My wishes:
-the Russian ladies to not spend much energies and nerves in order to qualify for the Olympics
-Everyone to perform at their best, or at least to not bomb during Olympics
-I would also hope that the ISU will work for clarifying the judging system in order to protect skaters from critics and bad journalism but I think that will need a lot more time, so I just wish that nothing too controversial happens in Sochi

TontoK

Hot Tonto
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I want to see outstanding Olympic programs by all competitors.

I also want there to be little controversy about the worthiness of the podiums.

In fact, I wish the same for all the competitions this coming year.

Poodlepal

On the Ice
Team USA
1. A lady from the US on the podium. Bronze is fine. I don't care who it is.
2. I had a dream Johnny Weir came back skating for Slovakia or Slovenia. I'd like to see him or Evan making a comeback and being the 2nd American with Max Aaron.
3. I'd like to see Max Aaron improving his spinning or footwork and becoming a factor.
4. I'd like to see D/W take gold
5. I'd like to see a promising pairs team stay together and move up the ranks to the top 5 or 6.

International.
1. I would like to see whomever wins the OGM in the men's program skate two clean programs. I don't even care who it is--Daisuke, Patrick, Evgeni, Javier-- I'd just like to see him land all his jumps with no more than a bobble or a ur. If the medal is awarded to someone who falls a few times (over someone who doesn't), and the general public sees what goes on, there will be another scandal and another judging system, and I don't know if the sport can withstand that.

2. I'd like to see Russia get a medal in ice-dancing and/or pairs. They ruled for so long, it must hurt their fans to see them less dominant these last few years.

3. I'd like to see good skating from everyone and results that seem fair to the naked eye as well as to the skating computer.

ForeverFish

Medalist
My wishes for next season and beyond:

1) Ashley Wagner wins an Olympic medal of some color. Unfortunately, this means that one of the Big Three has to splatter, but I won't think about that now.
2) Ashley Wagner wins a World medal of some color.
3) Gracie Gold FINDS A BETTER CHOREOGRAPHER wins a World medal of some color.
4) Max Aaron repeats as US champion.
5) Davis/White win OGM and stay on until 2016 Worlds in the US.
6) Patrick Chan skates two clean programs in Sochi. It doesn't matter if he wins OGM. I just want him to be clean.
7) Yuzuru Hanyu wins an OM, a second World medal, and Four Continents.
8) Javier Fernandez wins an OM, a second World medal, and Europeans.
9) Adelina Sotnikova and Elizaveta Tuktamysheva return Russia to its former state of figure skating glory.
10) Zijun Li challenges for a World medal, although I won't demand that she wins one.
11) Christina Gao gets the chance to go to the Olympics/Worlds.
12) Wagner stays on until Gold can lead the US ladies on her own.
13) Akiko Suzuki and Mao Asada end their careers on a high note.
14) Yuna Kim repeats as Olympic champion and goes down in history as one of the greatest ever.
15) Carolina Kostner finally wins an OM. Any color works.
16) Chock/Bates and Shib/Shib are prepared to take over from Davis/White.
17) The junior men--Farris, Brown, Omori--start landing consistent quads.
18) The junior ladies--Wang, Radionova, Hicks, Pogorilaya--experience a smooth transition into the senior int'l ranks.
19) Julia Lipnitskaia doesn't lose her jumps after puberty.
20) The combined efforts of the above revive figure skating to its Michelle Kwan-era greatness.

daphna

On the Ice
An olympic medal, of any colour for Carolina. No one deserves it more. I hope she's 3rd time lucky after her rough olympic experiences in 2006 and 2010.

Bluebonnet

Record Breaker
My wish is for Patrick Chan to win Sochi Olympic gold medal!:yes: And Plushenko is on the podium!:)

venlac

On the Ice
I want to see Yuna have her best performance(two clean program) again at the 2014 Olympic Games.
Now it does not matter to me, win or lose.