Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar

Which THREE U.S. Ladies do you want to see at the Olympics next year?

I want Ashley Wagner, Gracie Gold, and Alissa Czisny.

Custom Title
    Gracie, Courtney, and Angela.

Alissa is 85, what's the point?
    Ashley is non-contender, what's the point?
    Give the spots to someone fresh and young, and will carry the torch for the next few years.

Now, if Ashley and Alissa can outskate the young girls, then they earn their spots, and I have no problem with them going. I'm afraid they will be so propped up like the past few years.

Custom Title
    Gold and Wagner, for sure. But definitely NOT Czisny or Nagasu. I'd like to see Christina Gao get the nod.

Courtney Hicks doesn't have the polish as yet, and she gets dinged for URs. I love Angela Wang, but I'd love her even more if she could skate a decent SP to go with her terrific FSs.

Wagner, Gold, and Gao.

(I'd loooove to see Christina get a ratified 3F-3T back into either or both her programs and show some of that sass that she exhibits in her Twitter updates in her programs next season.)

Ashley, Gracie, and either Christina or Agnes. The third spot doesn't matter TOO much for me, as long as it's not Alissa. She's had enough chances.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post

(I'd loooove to see Christina get a ratified 3F-3T back into either or both her programs and show some of that sass that she exhibits in her Twitter updates in her programs next season.)

Tripping on the Podium
    It would be amazing if it was Alissa, but she would have to earn it. Personally, I am hoping for Gao!

Banned
    I want to see Wagner, Gao, and Czisny, just since Gold has the 2018 and 2022 Olympics in her future probably, and I dont think any U.S lady is going to medal whoever they send, so I just want to see certain ones get the shot to experience an Olympics. However that is never going to happen so Wagner, Gold, and Gao which is actually realistic. I fear it will end up being Wagner, Gold, and Zawadzki more likely though.

Custom Title
    Why is Ashley a non-contender? But Alissa isn't? How many more chances does Alissa get before she's a non-contender? Sheesh.

I have no clue who's going to be on the podium but Ashley and Gracie will either be 1 and 2 or 2 and 1. Third is up for grabs. If it's Gao I hope her posture and speed improve. If it's Agnes I hope she can skate a clean long program for a change.

Personally I would like to see Mirai Negasu in one of those spots.

Miserere Nobis
    1. Gracie
    2. Ashley
    3. Christina (this is personal preference--given the USFSA's habit of holding her down, I wouldn't be surprised to see Agnes get the nod)

Banned
    What's the likelihood of Alissa competing again?

Gracie Gold, Ashley Wagner and Gao, Wang or Hicks. No more Alissa or Mirai por favor.

Custom Title
    I like Ashley, Gracie and GAO, but I would be happy to switch one of my 3 choices with Hanna Miller.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    I want to see Wagner, Gao, and Czisny, just since Gold has the 2018 and 2022 Olympics in her future probably, and I dont think any U.S lady is going to medal whoever they send, so I just want to see certain ones get the shot to experience an Olympics. However that is never going to happen so Wagner, Gold, and Gao which is actually realistic. I fear it will end up being Wagner, Gold, and Zawadzki more likely though.
    That is a ridiculous reason to leave Gold off the team. You could have used the same logic to keep Nagasu off the 2010 team, and look how she is struggling three and a half years later? By your logic, then, Alissa Czisny should be sent because she is 26 and this is her LAST chance, whether or not her skating is up to par.

The purpose of USFS is not to evenly distribute 'the shot to experience an Olympics'. It is to send the BEST skaters of the season, based on performance at Nationals, whether or not they have the likelihood of winning a medal. To do anything else would make Nationals irrelevant, this year and every other year. Why not have the fans vote on who should be on the team, and forgo Nationals altogether, forever.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flying camel View Post
    I like Ashley, Gracie and GAO, but I would be happy to switch one of my 3 choices with Hanna Miller.
    I was almost afraid to post this because she's not conventional choice but i LOVED Hannah at Nationals and thought she had star quality. She skated with joy and musicality and I think she has so much potential. I wish she had done a little better and gotten Junior Worlds, where I think she would have been much more of a contender than the team that was sent. My dream team is Ashley, Gracie, Hannah. Since none of our third lady options are going to be a medal threat, I am all about sending a young talent. But I guess Gao is my choice of the more likely contenders. Please no Agnes or Hicks.

Page 1 of 20 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast