Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Volosozhar, Trankov prove peerless in 2012-13

Custom Title
    Maybe because d/w have been skating together for over 15 years and v/t have only been a pair for 3 years. I know v/t had great previous partnerships but they have gone straight to the top. It is still quite an accomplishment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Here are the ratings scores on which this was based. (Click on Ladies, Pairs, etc.). For an explanation of what you have to do to win rating points, click on "complete summary."

Like the ISU rankings, these numbers don't mean much. But sports fans like them. (The only one that really means anything is golf -- they have the leading money-winner's list. )

http://web.icenetwork.com/rankings/i...disc=men&rnk=0
    just basing on these numbers, Yu-Na is behind Leonova this season!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mousepotato View Post
    Maybe because d/w have been skating together for over 15 years and v/t have only been a pair for 3 years. I know v/t had great previous partnerships but they have gone straight to the top. It is still quite an accomplishment.
    It's a huge accomplishment to do that after 3 years together but both of them had also significant international experience, including top 10 results at Worlds and Olympics prior to teaming up, so it's not like they were starting from scratch.

Custom Title
    I know v/t had great previous partnerships.
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    both of them had also significant international experience, including top 10 results at Worlds and Olympics prior to teaming up
    Yes...that's exactly what I said.......but it's not the same thing as being with the SAME partnership for over 15 years.

Custom Title
    Yes...that's exactly what I said.......but it's not the same thing as being with the SAME partnership for over 15 years.
    True. However chemistry in ice dance is far different than chemistry in pairs. You can get away with being a "newer" pair if you're both technically sound and have good experience. But for an ice dance team to place so high or win Worlds in just 3 years together - even if they have experience - is next to impossible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2