American Idol 3 | Page 3 | Golden Skate

American Idol 3

show 42

Arm Chair Skate Fan
Record Breaker
Some of the contestants sounded great together as group singers......maybe they could hook up and start singing careers..........42

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
As long as pink-haired Amy, the fabulous Fantasia, and terrific Matt "Rose Bowl" Rogers are in, I'm happy. And as long as Mr. "I Am So Hot I Am Going To Bump and Grind and Show Off My Fantastic Body" Alan is gone, I'm even happier. If he'd gotten in, I don't know how long I would have been able to put up with the nausea induced by him.... (He IS gone, right? I was half asleep when I was watching and may have gotten mixed up as to what room he was in).

I wish they'd followed more of the previous nights storylines, especially re. Bree Garcia. The previous night, she was doing a rather amusing understated rant about the problems she was having working with her group, yet they didn't follow up to see how her group performance went. Same with those 2 poor girls who attempted to work with AWOL Lisa.

I'm also mystified by Simon's comment to Matt in regards to Matt "not taking this seriously." ?????????????????? He goes out there, belts it out, REMEMBERS HIS WORDS, does a fine job, so on what level of criteria was he not taking this seriously??

And I'm glad Michael Cowan, McKoewn, whatever it is, is gone, too. I thought he was overrated to begin with. I hear him sing and I think FLLA -- Future Lounge Lizards of America.

I agree with the sentiments of "Lisa Wilson why are you still here" and "George Huff why aren't you still here"!

I like the football player, too.

Disappointed Scooter Girl got the boot.

I'm so awful at keeping track of everyone, can't wait til the crowd is thin downed some so I can keep better track of who everyone is and how their talent is!

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
Michael McKeown ("SHUT UP already!") - don't let the door hit you on the way out. Perhaps you could hook up with Kiira who got booted last night?

I could NOT STAND HIM... he was great the first audition in New York... but his total "You said I was good so don't you dare say I'm not the best" was just soooooooooo immature... it's like "yes they did say you were good, but you royally sucked here in hollywood."

I didn't realize Lauren E (Daddy's Girl) got booted Tuesday Nite until I rewatched my tape! :( I really liked her made up song LOL

Bijoux

Match Penalty
They dumped Lauren?

she has the whole pop package -great voice- theey get tired and confused and make lousy pick sometimes.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I'm thinking it has more to do with... they want to make sure they get in... by way of the wild card show...

Clay was a wild card... as was Trenyce and Carmen and Kim Caldwell last year... and look how they did! :)

JonnyCoop

Record Breaker
Ranking last night's performances:

1. Dianna -- somehow missed all her previous appearances, but she's pretty dang good!:)
2. Fantaysia -- my girl!!:) I totally agree with Simon; she's a star already -- but last night, Dianna was a notch better IMO.
3. Matthew -- I don't like that song, but he's got a great voice.
4. Katie -- I like how she went out there and did something a little different. She did pretty well, I think.
5. Marque -- good voice but pretty generic. And having been a hotel banquet worker during the early 90s and having had to have worked a lot of wedding receptions during that time, I really have no desire to hear ANY rendition of Wind Beneath My Wings ever again.
6. Jennifer --too up and down, vocal-wise, for my taste.
7. Erskine -- OK voice, but IMO dull.
8. Ashley (??) -- I thought it was borderline hideous. First of all, she said she was going to go out there and show them her fun side, and she didn't. Secondly, I find it annoying when singers take a nice simple song like "Crazy" and embellish it by dragging the vowel sounds out to about 15 syllables in 4 or 5 different keys and adding some caterwauling.

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
I voted for Katie Webber and Matt Metzger... no one else impressed me(and I do have to say that I think Matt got my vote just for his eyes now that I've rewatched last night's episode LOL)