Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: American Idol 3

Custom Woman
    Originally posted by Tonichelle
    I've always wondered... if *I*'m not a fan of Clay because I don't hate Ruben.... then does Clay have to hate himself? I mean, he's good friends with Ruben! LOL
    Great catch-22 logic, Toni. Hit the fanatics who bash you with THAT one, lol.
    Rgirl

that's normally the one comment that gets me into trouble quickest LOL

Oh boy, what a night.......some of my favorites are still in the running........this is so much like a soap opera.....I love it.....42

Custom Title
    The red head 16 year old boy's voice really stands out in my mind.
    And I was glad to see the 'little people' girl make it, hopefully she won't get bashed online (I hope I used the correct term). I was pleasantly surprised the girl with the attitude made it. I though her mouth had blown her chances, even though it seemed like she had a good voice. (she was the one who told Simon he must be gay,lol). And I also like the football dude. He has a nice voice I think.

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    My favorite so far, by a huge margin (tho I didn't see Monday night) is Fantasia!! I think she's fantastic. (Tho occasionally a bit on the LOUD side ) No-one else really stands out in my mind, vocal-wise, so far.

That vile little blonde chick (this is as diplomatically as I can put it, I mean no offense by term 'chick") with the foul mouth who was going off about "American trailer trash", etc, etc -- Nice. What a real class act. If Daddy is going to make you his little Princess, he could at least teach you a little something about grace first.

I was a little annoyed that the woman who had the song about the gay ex-boyfriend didn't get in; she had a really nice voice, actually one of the better ones I've heard among this group.

Originally posted by Pati
    The red head 16 year old boy's voice really stands out in my mind.
    John Stevens... *sigh* I love him!

That vile little blonde chick (this is as diplomatically as I can put it, I mean no offense by term 'chick") with the foul mouth who was going off about "American trailer trash", etc, etc -- Nice. What a real class act. If Daddy is going to make you his little Princess, he could at least teach you a little something about grace first.
    The only reason she made it from the Auditions in Atlanta(or Houston pre-Paula getting sick) was because Simon and Paula both left after her little attitude deal... and Randy took over and said she could go through(to which Paula and Simon started getting all attitudish) I didn't like the blonde then, I don't like her now.

anywho, haven't watched last nights episode all the way yet... but I can't wait for tonight!

I LOVE AMERICAN IDOL
    Last edited by Tonichelle; 02-04-2004 at 01:26 PM.

I missed the episode where Kiira (16 y.o. blonde brat) got through - but I was totally disgusted by her temper tantrum after getting booted - and really disturbed that her father (I'm assuming it was her father, anyway) stood next to her and let her say how the show would be "Trailer Trash Idol" without her, with a bemused little smile on his face. Clearly, this chick has not gotten any lessons on how to handle criticism, has not read the fable about sour grapes, and her parents don't have any problem with her using incredibly inappropriate pejoratives about other contestants on national television as a way of handling her disappointment. Yup, she's headed for greatness, that one...

I'm really glad John Stevens (Crooner Boy) got through. What a cutie Pie!! I'm also relieved that my crush Bree is still in it, although I think she'll get cut tonight. I don't think R/P/S would let her into the top 32 anyway, but it sounds like her trio situation is going to blow up in her face (she is being made to dance - which I think she just won't do - and she doesn't like the other girls in the group so she just left rehearsal). Sigh.

guinevere

On the Ice
    I'm glad the young Bing Crosby got through. I like a lot of those girls (don't know their names)-the first group of girls. I also like the football player. It will be interesting to see them perform by themselves next week.

What a shock tonight........some of the people I really liked at the beginning got "booted"........I wish we could have heard more singing tonight.......most of the people they featured last week are gone already..........42

Finally we will be on to the real competition!

Congratulations to Matt Rogers ("Football Guy"), John Stevens ("Cutie Pie"), John Peter Lewis ("Pen Salesman"), the Roman Brothers ("the Roman Brothers"), Amy ("Pinkie"), Fantaysia (no nickname needed!) and especially my beloved "Brooding Loner" BREEEEEEEEEE!!!

Lisa Wilson ("Bikini Girl") - why the heck are you still here?

George Huff ("Old Man") - why the heck aren't you?

Michael McKeown ("SHUT UP already!") - don't let the door hit you on the way out. Perhaps you could hook up with Kiira who got booted last night?

And finally, Skooter Girl ("Nicole") - you were lots of fun, and you did get a raw deal on the advice scenario. But you are more of a theatrical performer with a good voice than a great singer who knows how to perform. I hope you can parlay the extended coverage you got into some work, either in a show, or make your own - you're certainly creative enough! Good luck.

guinevere ("Way Too Involved In This Show")

On the Ice
    I was sad that Scooter Girl didn't get through...I thought she had a terrific voice.

Michelle Kwan Fan
    Originally posted by supersk8er
    I was sad that Scooter Girl didn't get through...I thought she had a terrific voice.
    Me too! She broke my heart!

Some of the contestants sounded great together as group singers......maybe they could hook up and start singing careers..........42

In my heart, I'm actually Canadian....
    As long as pink-haired Amy, the fabulous Fantasia, and terrific Matt "Rose Bowl" Rogers are in, I'm happy. And as long as Mr. "I Am So Hot I Am Going To Bump and Grind and Show Off My Fantastic Body" Alan is gone, I'm even happier. If he'd gotten in, I don't know how long I would have been able to put up with the nausea induced by him.... (He IS gone, right? I was half asleep when I was watching and may have gotten mixed up as to what room he was in).

I wish they'd followed more of the previous nights storylines, especially re. Bree Garcia. The previous night, she was doing a rather amusing understated rant about the problems she was having working with her group, yet they didn't follow up to see how her group performance went. Same with those 2 poor girls who attempted to work with AWOL Lisa.

I'm also mystified by Simon's comment to Matt in regards to Matt "not taking this seriously." ?????????????????? He goes out there, belts it out, REMEMBERS HIS WORDS, does a fine job, so on what level of criteria was he not taking this seriously??

And I'm glad Michael Cowan, McKoewn, whatever it is, is gone, too. I thought he was overrated to begin with. I hear him sing and I think FLLA -- Future Lounge Lizards of America.

I agree with the sentiments of "Lisa Wilson why are you still here" and "George Huff why aren't you still here"!

I like the football player, too.

Disappointed Scooter Girl got the boot.

I'm so awful at keeping track of everyone, can't wait til the crowd is thin downed some so I can keep better track of who everyone is and how their talent is!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast