Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: Stars On Ice Canada - Opening Night In Halifax Review

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625

    Stars On Ice Canada - Opening Night In Halifax Review

    I've posted a full review of opening night in Halifax at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca.

  2. #2
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Thanks so much!

    It sounds like a completely sublime program. You are one lucky duck.

  3. #3
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    560
    Thank you for your review

    Is there any video of V/M's new gala program? I was looking forward to seeing it, but I can't find it on YouTube.

  4. #4
    Gotta Have Music iluvtodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    10,739
    Thank you (from an "honourary" Canadian)!

  5. #5
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,179
    Thanks for your review! Sounds like a great show with a wonderful cast!

  6. #6
    Former figure skater and HUGE figure skating fan. n_halifax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Posts
    625
    You are are all very welcome! I am uploading what's on my camera now. I have videos of:

    Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

    Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?

  7. #7
    Custom Title skateluvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,598
    where do we find them onyoutube? thanks.

  8. #8
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    9,495
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    You are are all very welcome! I am uploading what's on my camera now. I have videos of:

    Opening # to "Somebody That I Used To Know" (partial)
    Ashley Wagner - "Vienna" (partial)
    Sinead & John Kerr - "Mad World"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Carmina Berana"
    Virtue & Moir - "Stay"
    Shawn Sawyer - "Seven Nation Army"
    Ashley Wagner - "Sweet Dreams"
    Jeffrey Buttle - "In This Shirt"
    Sinead & John Kerr - Scottish Porridge Man number
    About 20 secs of Kurt Browning's "Singin' In The Rain" and then the camera decided it had had enough..

    Now, here's my dilemna. Do I upload these to the YouTube or just keep them? I know that they are funny at live skating events about videos and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely. I'm also not too crazy about sharing them on that FSVids site as I don't really agree with their "rules". Personal opinion is - share the videos on YouTube for everyone to enjoy. But that's just me. Anybody have any advice? What if I shared them on Facebook? Would that be any less terrible?
    I understand your worries. I don't know how that works on YouTube. Will you get yourself into trouble? I tend to be a worrywart about such things.

  9. #9
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    197
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    ...and this tour is being taped for CBC most likely...
    Yes, the performances are usually recorded by CBC at the Copps Coliseum show in Hamilton/Ontario.

    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I understand your worries. I don't know how that works on YouTube. Will you get yourself into trouble? I tend to be a worrywart about such things.
    Youtube appears to have an automated system which can detect segments of copyrighted video and/or audio within your uploaded video. It likely will only detect copyrighted material if you recorded the video from a TV source etc. (how can the system possibly match video you recorded yourself at an event, except perhaps music?).

    Within the Youtube video manager, there is a link next to the uploaded video called "matched third party content". If you click on that link, it takes you to a screen which tells you what the "potential" violation may be. In the past, I had uploaded a video of MT/M's LP at Canadian Nationals which had been flagged as copyrighted by Universal Sports (I would have thought CTV should have the rights???). If there is a possible violation, I don't usually leave the video uploaded too long (just in case). Likewise, an upload of Daleman's National's SP was flagged due to her music being identified as copyrighted. That video is still viewable on my channel, without complaints. If there is an offending copyright complaint, the Youtube people may block access to the video. I don't know if they issue a warning, since I have never had a video blocked, or received any warnings myself. I have heard if you consistently have too many ignored copyright complaints, they may temporarily close your account for a period of time. As an extra precaution, I keep my channel unlisted so videos do not appear on the Youtube general searches.

  10. #10
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    Is there any video of V/M's new gala program? I was looking forward to seeing it, but I can't find it on YouTube.
    V/M - "Stay" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbKCQ8AP0cY

  11. #11
    Custom Title demarinis5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    5,179
    Quote Originally Posted by marikat View Post
    Fabulous! Thank you for sharing!

  12. #12
    Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by n_halifax View Post
    I've posted a full review of opening night in Halifax at http://skateguard1.blogspot.ca.
    Thank you for sharing your enjoyment with us via your review and videos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •