Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Stars On Ice Canada - Opening Night In Halifax Review

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Scott and Tessa's hockey player and ballerina outfits were cool. I think Scott has on an official team Canada jersey, right?
    I don't see the Nike checkmark logo, but it could be hidden in a fold. Hard to see at that distance.

Original Vancouver Team Canada Jersey...
    http://thehockeywriters.com/wp-conte...lie-Flickr.jpg

They do make very similar Team Canada jerseys for public sale, with just minor differences. I have one in the white colour. It differs from the actual Jersey in the location of the Nike checkmark. On the original, the checkmark (red) is below the red shoulder section, while on mine the checkmark (white) is within the red section.

Original Vancouver Team Canada Jersey...
    http://www.cbc.ca/gfx/images/sports/...team-celeb.jpg

My Jersey style...
    http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...polNEsNkYPTymQ

Great, powerful performance from P Chan Good for you who were there.

LOL about the clothes debate.

Good post Olympia, But never forget there are many different sorts of Europeans

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    For myself, I love guys skating in jeans and a T-shirt. It's got a casual grace that makes art part of life to me. The respect for the audience and what everyone paid for a ticket comes (for me at least) in the efforts the skater takes to practice meticulously and give his all at every performance. I assume that the jeans might be special stretch jeans to accommodate the jumps and positions, but there's no reason one couldn't wear an ordinary T-shirt, which after all is made of jersey knit fabric. I know that tastes differ between Europe and the Americas on this topic, but I like the possibility of street clothes (not in the rapper's sense of "street" as crude and edgy but in the meaning of clothes worn in everyday life as opposed to stage outfits).
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    I'd be happy to watch Patrick skate in a paper bag.

Custom Title
    And while we're on the casual jeans theme, I have a very powerful memory of Paul Martini the first time he came out in tight jeans. Man that could trigger hot flashes! And I'm sure I've told this before: a friend accompanied our usual duo to the show and when she saw him bellowed, "God would you look at that butt!" Hilarious! All of Air Canada Centre heard it! Or was it Maple Leaf Gardens? Can't remember.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrufflet View Post
    And while we're on the casual jeans theme, I have a very powerful memory of Paul Martini the first time he came out in tight jeans. Man that could trigger hot flashes! And I'm sure I've told this before: a friend accompanied our usual duo to the show and when she saw him bellowed, "God would you look at that butt!" Hilarious! All of Air Canada Centre heard it! Or was it Maple Leaf Gardens? Can't remember.
    I know, Scruff. Every time we get into the discussion of jeans, the first skater I think of is Paul Martini. I think he singlehandedly converted many people to the idea that skating is a sport for guys. Not to mention the fever he induced in many of us ladies who were already skate fans. He and Underhill will always be in my hall of fame.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    I know, Scruff. Every time we get into the discussion of jeans, the first skater I think of is Paul Martini. I think he singlehandedly converted many people to the idea that skating is a sport for guys. Not to mention the fever he induced in many of us ladies who were already skate fans. He and Underhill will always be in my hall of fame.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3