Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: State of American Ladies: 2013-14 Season

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    IF she were to keep that combo, she'd probably do the following:
    3Lz+3T
    2A+1Lo+3F
    3Lo
    3Lz x
    3F x
    3S x
    2A+2T x
    Because she's getting rid of the lip so she can put two of them in her program again?

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Because she's getting rid of the lip so she can put two of them in her program again?
    From the Instagram video, it seemed that the lip was fixed. But we've yet to see if she can land it clean in competition...

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Yes, that would be why. BUT I am not sure if she will really use this layout as it's extraordinarily difficult and could lead to inconsistent performances.

Custom Title
    One thing is for sure. With these Instagram videos she's showing Ashley that she's hard at work upping her technical content while Ashley has yet to really start training for her triple triples for the season. I'm not sure she's really even trying to psych anyone out with these videos but it does show her competitors what they will be up against.

Down With It
    ^ uh...

Miserere Nobis
    Yeah, I'm not really sure Gracie is trying to play mind games with Ashley and the other ladies, so to speak. For one, the rest of the US ladies know that they haven't a prayer of catching up to Gracie technically; for another, she seems to be posting the videos in an exuberant "Look what I can do" mindset. Training those combinations is actually fun for her, and, knowing the quality of her jumps, she wants to show some technical razzle dazzle.

The better psychological ploy would be to stay completely silent until Skate Milwaukee/SC. Let everyone wait and wonder what's in her bag of tricks...As Scott Hamilton advised, keep the actual content under wraps. No one seriously thinks that Gracie will compete a 2A-Lo-3F-Lo-3F (red herring alert), but a consistent seven- or eight-triple FS? Watch out.

Custom Title
    Gracie would need a 3a for an 8-triple FS. Not going to happen. 7 triples is a given for Gracie, the only question being how many of the seven she actually lands cleanly.

5. Gao (again )
    and exact repeat. Maybe different order of podium but definitely those 3.[/QUOTE]

What do you find so funny?

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckm View Post
    Gracie would need a 3a for an 8-triple FS. Not going to happen. 7 triples is a given for Gracie, the only question being how many of the seven she actually lands cleanly.
    The 3A won't be coming in this season, but maybe we'll see it after the Olympics, if she and her team decide that it's worth the risk. I don't doubt that she can land 7 clean triples -- she managed 6 at WTT. But she's probably working on stamina/focus in the off-season.

Down With It
    Can Gold do a 3A? I don't remember seeing one.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Can Gold do a 3A? I don't remember seeing one.
    In the pole harness, yes; I haven't heard any reports about her trying it on her own. According to Dartfish analyses, she gets enough height to be able to do it -- the problem is risk versus reward.

From Carly's YouTube account:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-0sYGrI6Lk

Down With It
    Thanks. I personally don't think it's worth it for her - she's better off focusing on 3-3s...and her consistency and performance.

Like I mentioned before...the only thing holding her back is consistency...if she ever finds her footing, Wagner's days of being top US lady are over.

She's mentioned on several occasions that the 3A scares her a bit with the forward take off

Miserere Nobis
    Yeah, she said something of the sort at 2012 WJC when asked if she planned on competing the 3A anytime soon. Now, after what I assume has been a good deal of practice, it sounds like she wants to challenge/prove herself by adding it to a future program. If it happens, though, it won't be for a while. Her Olympic-season strategy seems to be to up the technical content while still playing it (relatively) safe.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Thanks. I personally don't think it's worth it for her - she's better off focusing on 3-3s...and her consistency and performance.

Like I mentioned before...the only thing holding her back is consistency...if she ever finds her footing, Wagner's days of being top US lady are over.
    I agree. There's no one on the horizon likely to land it consistently in the next few years. A 3 triple short/7 triple long is going to win her most events she enters after Yuna retires.

Page 33 of 74 FirstFirst ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast