IF she were to keep that combo, she'd probably do the following:
3Lz+3T
2A+1Lo+3F
3Lo
3Lz x
3F x
3S x
2A+2T x

Because she's getting rid of the lip so she can put two of them in her program again?

mskater93

Record Breaker
Because she's getting rid of the lip so she can put two of them in her program again?
Yes, that would be why. BUT I am not sure if she will really use this layout as it's extraordinarily difficult and could lead to inconsistent performances.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One thing is for sure. With these Instagram videos she's showing Ashley that she's hard at work upping her technical content while Ashley has yet to really start training for her triple triples for the season. I'm not sure she's really even trying to psych anyone out with these videos but it does show her competitors what they will be up against.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Yeah, I'm not really sure Gracie is trying to play mind games with Ashley and the other ladies, so to speak. For one, the rest of the US ladies know that they haven't a prayer of catching up to Gracie technically; for another, she seems to be posting the videos in an exuberant "Look what I can do" mindset. Training those combinations is actually fun for her, and, knowing the quality of her jumps, she wants to show some technical razzle dazzle.

The better psychological ploy would be to stay completely silent until Skate Milwaukee/SC. Let everyone wait and wonder what's in her bag of tricks...As Scott Hamilton advised, keep the actual content under wraps. No one seriously thinks that Gracie will compete a 2A-Lo-3F-Lo-3F (red herring alert), but a consistent seven- or eight-triple FS? Watch out.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie would need a 3a for an 8-triple FS. Not going to happen. 7 triples is a given for Gracie, the only question being how many of the seven she actually lands cleanly.

im2xsblu

Spectator
5. Gao (again :laugh:)
and exact repeat. Maybe different order of podium but definitely those 3.[/QUOTE]

What do you find so funny?:confused:

ForeverFish

Medalist
Gracie would need a 3a for an 8-triple FS. Not going to happen. 7 triples is a given for Gracie, the only question being how many of the seven she actually lands cleanly.

The 3A won't be coming in this season, but maybe we'll see it after the Olympics, if she and her team decide that it's worth the risk. I don't doubt that she can land 7 clean triples -- she managed 6 at WTT. But she's probably working on stamina/focus in the off-season.

R.D.

Record Breaker
Thanks. I personally don't think it's worth it for her - she's better off focusing on 3-3s...and her consistency and performance.

Like I mentioned before...the only thing holding her back is consistency...if she ever finds her footing, Wagner's days of being top US lady are over.

mskater93

Record Breaker
She's mentioned on several occasions that the 3A scares her a bit with the forward take off

ForeverFish

Medalist
Yeah, she said something of the sort at 2012 WJC when asked if she planned on competing the 3A anytime soon. Now, after what I assume has been a good deal of practice, it sounds like she wants to challenge/prove herself by adding it to a future program. If it happens, though, it won't be for a while. Her Olympic-season strategy seems to be to up the technical content while still playing it (relatively) safe.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Thanks. I personally don't think it's worth it for her - she's better off focusing on 3-3s...and her consistency and performance.

Like I mentioned before...the only thing holding her back is consistency...if she ever finds her footing, Wagner's days of being top US lady are over.

I agree. There's no one on the horizon likely to land it consistently in the next few years. A 3 triple short/7 triple long is going to win her most events she enters after Yuna retires.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
Le Cygne, R.D., Pepe Nero:
If any of you -- or anyone else -- believes in your own mind that Gao, Nagasu, and Zhang are not as All-American as Wagner, Gold, Zawadzki, etc., then SHAME ON YOU!!! :mad: :bang:

Normally I will take the time to read through all the subsequent posts before responding, but here I'm compelled to respond immediately. That response is: I feel pity for you, golden411. Even though you are clearly opposed to racism (what I was euphemistically referring to by "cultural bias" in the post of mine to which you respond), you do not appear to understand the difference between pointing possible racism out (what I was doing) and actually being racist.

BTW, I understood Le Cygne and R.D.'s posts the same way I understood mine, more or less (though I don't mean to speak for them).

Sheesh.

Additionally, I don't think that LeCygne, R.D., or Pepe Nero were suggesting that ethnicity plays a role in one's all-American-ness. The tone of their posts implied that they disapproved of such attitudes, if anything.

Thank you, Forever Fish.

Pepe Nero

On the Ice
I wasn't the one suggesting it in the first place. Although now that I think of it, we have seen an increase in bad blonde dye jobs in the past few years. Ashley actually has a good dye job but as for the rest:

Makarova - 2011/2012 season, her hair was too blonde and the shade combined with her dark roots and the pepto bismol color dress was almost as much of an eyesore as that program

Gede - 2010/2011 season, what is a girl of her origins doing as a blonde? Does not go with your skin tone at all sweetie

Glebova - for a few seasons, it actually looked okay but she's hot already you don't need to dye your hair at all girl

Barbie Long - 2012/2013 season, is she trying to look like Barbie the doll? The highlights were okay but then she went all blonde which combined with the over-tanning and pink bedazzled costume made her look trashy, which is a shame because she's pretty

Biryukova - for a while now, idk her blonde hair dye always looks sparkly to me and all that glitter makes her hair look grayish silver in some lighting...yeah, no bueno

Korobeynikova - 2012/2013, if you're going to get blonde highlights in brown hair, please go to someone who knows what they are doing. Her hair looked a peachy orange color at Nationals and I wasn't feeling it

Gracie Gold - end of 2011/2012 season, I really liked her streaky strawberry-blonde color she was rocking at Nationals, don't know why she switched it for platinum blonde with really noticeable brown roots, she's pretty regardless but her brown eyes looked better with the warmer shade

Courtney Hicks - 2012/2013 season, a bad highlight/dye job all around, the streaks were uneven, it made her look a bit so-cal trashy, she was much prettier as a brunette

Also, not blonde, but Mirai and Yuna have also gotten red/orange highlights in their hair recently...maybe it's the asian equivalent of going blonde and they are hoping to pick up some extra points from the judges? :scratch: :laugh:

But anyways, I wish these beautiful brunette skaters would stop dying their hair blonde and just go back to their normal color! Blonde does not equal better and most of them look worse..

The idea that hair color has anything to do with placements (or that anyone was ever suggesting such a thing) is a farce, and misrepresents others' suggestions on this topic. The point in mentioning hair color (for me, but for others, I think, as well) is, of course, that that physical feature (manipulable though it may be) is treated in combination with other physical features in the contemporary West as a marker of one's race. I don't want to suggest that you are intentionally misrepresenting others' (including my) view in order to make it seem absurd, but that is the more charitable interpretation.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Le Cygne, R.D., Pepe Nero:
If any of you -- or anyone else -- believes in your own mind that Gao, Nagasu, and Zhang are not as All-American as Wagner, Gold, Zawadzki, etc., then SHAME ON YOU!!! :mad: :bang:

Normally I will take the time to read through all the subsequent posts before responding, but here I'm compelled to respond immediately. That response is: I feel pity for you, golden411. Even though you are clearly opposed to racism (what I was euphemistically referring to by "cultural bias" in the post of mine to which you respond), you do not appear to understand the difference between pointing possible racism out (what I was doing) and actually being racist.

BTW, I understood Le Cygne and R.D.'s posts the same way I understood mine, more or less (though I don't mean to speak for them).

Sheesh.

My turn to say, "Sheesh." Save your pity for someone who needs it.
I understand perfectly well that pointing out racism is different from being racist.
You do not appear to have noticed that I was careful in my previous post to say, "If any of you ... believes in your own mind..." -- for the very purpose of drawing a distinction between (1) discussing the possibility of racist views within USFS and (2) personally holding the same views.

In the sentence below that follows this one, I am stating only how the three posts (including yours) that I cited earlier came across to me (i.e., I am not trying to put words in anyone's mouth). What troubled and still troubles me is that the three posts seemed not only to point out possible racism on the part of USFS -- but also (IMHO) to forgive it, or at least shrug it off, as if it were understandable on some level. (For example, I did and do wonder why you made a conscious choice to use the euphemism -- as you have described it yourself -- of "cultural bias.")

I am opposed to racism, to sugarcoating racism, and to condoning racism. If you share my feelings on each of these points, all the better. :yes:

Reginald

Match Penalty
About halfway through the off season, what does everybody think of the relative positions of the US ladies?
So far the highest total score posted for a US Ladies Singles skater is Polina Edmunds 168.27 at the Broadmoor Open.
http://unseenskaters.wordpress.com/

In my opinion,

Moving Up
Polina Edmunds
Vanessa Lam
Hannah Miller
Gracie Gold
Mirai Nagasu
Courtney Hicks

Moving Down
Caroline Zhang
Nina Jiang
Alissa Czisny
Ashley Wagner
Rachel Flatt
Samantha Caesario

Treading Water
Yasmin Siraj
Leah Keiser
Agnes Z.
Angela Wang
Christina Gao

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Moving Down
Caroline Zhang
Nina Jiang
Alissa Czisny
Ashley Wagner
Rachel Flatt
Samantha Caesario
I think that Alissa is actually moving up, if you compare her current situation to her past year: at least she's healthy and she's going to compete and she will be able to try to do the best she can! ;)