Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast

Thread: State of American Ladies: 2013-14 Season

Rinkside
    Saw Caroline Zhang did a run through of her short and long program. beautiful long program. I think she is going to surprise a lot of people this year..... she upped her technical content too ...

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatingcoach View Post
    Saw Caroline Zhang did a run through of her short and long program. beautiful long program. I think she is going to surprise a lot of people this year..... she upped her technical content too ...
    It's great timing for her to be delivering strong run throughs - just weeks before her Grand Prix, Skate America.

Content wise, has she planned any triple triple combinations? In the past, she has had Loop/Loop. Her history with this in competition, has included completions of the combination but under-rotation calls, which have been somewhat questioned by her coach, Peter Oppegard, during post event interviews.

Any color on how her 3-3s are progressing?

Custom Title
    Her technical content, as far as what she plans to do, was never a problem. She isn't going to get many more points for harder jumps if her execution of the triples hasn't improved.

Custom Title
    Caroline's problem is her speed and skating skills. It was never more apparent then last year at Skate Canada when she skated right after Kaetlyn Osmond and Gracie. Those 2 girls were flying all over the ice and made Caroline look like she was skating in molasses.

Quote Originally Posted by skatingcoach View Post
    What does "upped her technical content" exactly mean? Is she planning at least a 6-triples FS? (And, does she perform her beautiful layback again as she used to??)
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    Her technical content, as far as what she plans to do, was never a problem. She isn't going to get many more points for harder jumps if her execution of the triples hasn't improved.
    Well, I was always quite surprised that she actually planned a 5-triples FS with two 2As (one of her ugliest jumps) without 3T and 3S, which are the easiest triples... I know that the salchow isn't a good jump for her, but she could have a higher BV putting a solo 3T instead of one of the axels for example, so this alone would mean "upping her technical content"

Custom Title
    Per mirai being tagged in fb, she competed in a club competition in San Diego and won. Anyone know of it, her score, how she did, or videos? Sophia Adams was a medalist

ETA 2013 West Coast Championship. cant find protocols

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    @USFigureSkating
    A sweet moment between friends @agneszawadzki and @AshWagner2010 #MediaSummit pic.twitter.com/4b9v1I4TvQ
    2:37 PM - 30 Sep 13 from Utah, US
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...94108872519682

BTW, is Wagner wearing a new costume??

Quote Originally Posted by icellist View Post
    Per mirai being tagged in fb, she competed in a club competition in San Diego and won. Anyone know of it, her score, how she did, or videos? Sophia Adams was a medalist

ETA 2013 West Coast Championship. cant find protocols
    Saw there were 4 skaters in the event, but results aren't posted yet.

On the Ice
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Caroline's problem is her speed and skating skills. It was never more apparent then last year at Skate Canada when she skated right after Kaetlyn Osmond and Gracie. Those 2 girls were flying all over the ice and made Caroline look like she was skating in molasses.
    Double axel take off has historically always been cautious. Hope she is looking strong this year.

The Inside Edge: Zawadzki faces media, trains hard
    Posted 10/4/13
    by Sarah S. Brannen and Drew Meekins, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/04/62472362

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    The Inside Edge: Zawadzki faces media, trains hard
    Posted 10/4/13
    by Sarah S. Brannen and Drew Meekins, special to icenetwork
    http://www.icenetwork.com/news/2013/10/04/62472362
    Looking forward to seeing more articles and videos coming from the Media Summit!

Banned
    another Zawadzki promotion

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    @USFigureSkating
    A sweet moment between friends @agneszawadzki and @AshWagner2010 #MediaSummit pic.twitter.com/4b9v1I4TvQ
    2:37 PM - 30 Sep 13 from Utah, US
    https://twitter.com/USFigureSkating/...94108872519682

BTW, is Wagner wearing a new costume??
    It took me a while to remember, but that's Ashley's exhibition costume from 2012-2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTf9PXyqQI

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    another Zawadzki promotion
    LOL, your eyes must get a lot of exercise if you roll them every time you see a feature story out there about any of the other skaters (from any discipline) as well.
    Each such article is promoting the skater(s) in question.

I for one always am pleased when the spotlight shines on a significant skater who does not receive much media attention.

BTW, I wish that Gao had been at the recent media summit. I hope that the only reason for her absence was her trip to Nepela. She had been included in the spring media summit in LA. (Ditto for Miner.)

Quote Originally Posted by brightphoton View Post
    It took me a while to remember, but that's Ashley's exhibition costume from 2012-2013.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msTf9PXyqQI
    Thx for answering my question, brightphoton.

Tripping on the Podium
    I am still hoping for Gao, but her last outing was sad. Angela Wang almost got herself in the mix after SP for me. Watching Finlandia...maybe Mirai!! But Vanessa Lam would not be able to handle the big stage, she has had her chance.

Page 65 of 74 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 LastLast