Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast

Thread: State of American Ladies: 2013-14 Season

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    I don't see Gracie getting on the podium in Sochi but if she can finish in the top 5 that would be a big deal for her. If some of the top skaters have a meltdown she can certainly move up. She just needs to improve her PCS to become a threat because technically she can beat most anyone but a clean Yuna.
    Gracie's PCS in the FS has improved more than three points this season (58.10 at COR to 61.77 at WTT). If the trend continues and her progress doesn't stagnate, she should be able to break 65+ PCS internationally by the end of the Olympic season, which will bring her within range of where she needs to be.

Custom Title
    Gracie needs to skate a clean SP. That's something that has eluded her this season.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Mea culpa about the 3Lz-3T and 3F-3T, then. Best to try a 3Lz-3T and 3Lo-3Lo, if she's to maximize her BV, which would still allow her a solo 3Lz and a 3F in combination with a double.
    If she does 3Lz-3T and 3F-3T and 3Lo-3Lo, she already has 2 repeated jumps, the 3T and 3L so no, she can nigher do a solo 3Lz nor a 3F as the already are there

Custom Title
    I don't think Gracie should try to go for harder layout for the Olympic season anyway-consistency first, difficulty next. She's not Yuna or Mao.

Custom Title
    Is her fraternal twin sister Carly still competing? I predict Gracie will be a dark horse bronze medalist at Sochi .

Yes, Carley was 5th at Midwestern Sectionals in Senior Ladies last season.

Rejoicing in the land of Kwan kwanatic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vera01 View Post
    I don't think Gracie should try to go for harder layout for the Olympic season anyway-consistency first, difficulty next. She's not Yuna or Mao.
    Agreed. As great as her jumps are her consistency is pretty bad. Her 3-3s are huge but she's only landed them cleanly a handful of times this season. She's had several falls and step outs and URs...she needs to work on getting her current layout consistent before she goes for more content.

I guess nobody has written it yet, I think it's worth mentioning.
    Alissa Czisny wrote a short message on facebook.
    "Been practicing and preparing nonstop for the past few years in preparation for the 2014 Winter Olympics. Can't wait to prove the doubters wrong and represent my country. See you guys in Sochi!!"
    Seems she's self-confident and quite sure that she can make the Olympic team. What do you think about it?

Custom Title
    Gracie has had at most one UR, in the SP where she had a wild landing on the 3/3 or a jump in the FS she fell. In her last two competitions---Worlds and WTT, her FS had no URs or falls, and she scored 125 or higher in both.

Gracie has shown improvement in each competition this season. Her struggles have had a lot more to do with the move up from juniors and gaining confidence in herself than with technical issues.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Agreed. As great as her jumps are her consistency is pretty bad. Her 3-3s are huge but she's only landed them cleanly a handful of times this season. She's had several falls and step outs and URs...she needs to work on getting her current layout consistent before she goes for more content.
    I agree. Gracie's consistency in practice seems to be pretty good, but she hasn't shown that she can bring that kind of jump consistency to competition yet. Her nerves got the better of her most of last season. I said early in the season that the jump layout she was attempting in her long program wasn't smart, so I wasn't surprised when her team changed the layout towards the end of the season. I think removing the 2A-3T in favor of attempting the 3F-1Lo-3S again would be a mistake. The 2A-3T is very consistent and gets good GOE, whereas the 3F-1Lo-3S was very inconsistent and received neutral (at best) GOE because of the lip. But if she's going to attempt 3Lz-3T in the short program, she should consider attempting the 3S or 3Lo as her solo jump out of steps. Those aren't the best jumps for her, but I don't understand her team's reasoning behind attempting a solo jump (flip) that will receive automatic negative GOE because of the wrong edge takeoff. Considering her lip, the only other layout she could consider to maximize her points is 3T-3T and 3Lz as the solo jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherryy View Post
    "Been practicing and preparing nonstop for the past few years in preparation for the 2014 Winter Olympics. Can't wait to prove the doubters wrong and represent my country. See you guys in Sochi!!"
    Seems she's self-confident and quite sure that she can make the Olympic team. What do you think about it?
    I'm glad she's confident, but I don't see her making the Olympic team. She was only competitive in a watered-down post-Olympic field. The ladies field is much stronger now than it was in her best season ('10-'11) and she can't compete technically anymore. Her jumps are of very poor quality, get little height and flow out, and almost always look underrotated to me.

Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    1 under-rotation that she managed to stay vertical on
    A couple double three turn outs
    1 pop (SLC last August)
    A couple falls

She landed them cleanly in the LP at SLC, Nationals LP, Worlds LP, RC SP and LP, WTT LP

How is that "pretty bad" consistency? It's 50% which is better than most are doing. Also, she's making some changes to go with her strong suit for both SP and LP for her 3+3. This should improve her SP.

Down With It

!

(ETA: I can't actually find the post you're referring to on her page...either she deleted it or you're following an imposter)

To be honest it makes me feel bad for her. I am not a hater or a doubter of Czisny and even I don't think she can make the Olympic team. Moreover, though it's her body, and I am not her doctor, and I want to be really clear that I 100% understand both of those things before someone tries to point them out to me, I do not think the physical risk to her body seems worth it at this point. I know not having made an Olympics will probably haunt her, but it's going to haunt her either way. Maybe she feels like she has to know she tried.

To be clear too I am 100% a Czisny fan and supporter. I wish her 100% the best and really do wish her dream could have come true. While I will never say never (figure skating is full of fun surprises) it would be the biggest surprise to me in my 20+ years of following skating if she makes this happen.

ETA: That is not Czisny's real FB page where that comment is posted. R.D. is right.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    That is not Czisny's real FB page where that comment is posted. R.D. is right.
    I don't follow her on social media but it doesn't seem like something she would say.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by drivingmissdaisy View Post
    I don't follow her on social media but it doesn't seem like something she would say.
    Yep, this is an imposter page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aliss...y/341727985599

Alissa herself posted on the page:

To whomever is making this page, I appreciate your support, but please don't pretend to be me or post comments that pretend to be from me! Thank you
    ETA: Now this is more llike what she posts.
    https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

ETA 2: This is her official FB page: https://www.facebook.com/alissa.czisny

Page 7 of 74 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 ... LastLast