Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lots of seats to fill at 2013 Skate America

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    That's correct: I recently watched the video of Michelle's 1997 SA FS (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTtkBeR7An4) and you can see that even there, during the 90s, at the beginning of an Olympic season, with both Michelle and Tara competing, there were A LOT of empty seats... This rink will look almost empty, I think...
    Yup I was basing it off of the same video. And these were the years when skating had HUGE TV ratings in the US, even non-Olympic events like Nationals.

skating philosopher
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    There are about 30,000 Koreans and Korean-Americans in metropolitan Detroit, so that alone...
    Also don't forget Toronto, which is only a four-hour drive away!

skating philosopher
    In the last two seasons Yuna was on the GP, she was on Skate America for both of them (2008, 2009). So I think it's safe to say that USFSA would probably be open to having her come to the competition!

She's done SA, CoC and TEB two times each. She's done Cup of Russia and Skate Canada once. She's never been to NHK, which isn't that surprising given that the seeding wouldn't allow her to compete with Mao most of those years (thought 2009 was a possibility since Yuna was 1st and Mao was 4th at the previous Worlds). In any case, it's unlikely she'll get NHK this season because Mao is 3rd and she's 1st.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2