Top 20 skaters of all time per discipline | Page 6 | Golden Skate

Top 20 skaters of all time per discipline

Thanks for finding the Curry video! Isn't it stupendous? Yes, skating's full of all sorts of hidden treasures.

As for whether figure skating is or is not meant to be a fine art, I think every form has potential. That potential may not always be realized, but if even one person brings it to its fullest form, one has to at least concede that it could be art.

Layfan

Record Breaker
Thanks for finding the Curry video! Isn't it stupendous? Yes, skating's full of all sorts of hidden treasures.

As for whether figure skating is or is not meant to be a fine art, I think every form has potential. That potential may not always be realized, but if even one person brings it to its fullest form, one has to at least concede that it could be art.

Definitely, that is what Curry does for me: Show what skating could be. I wish there were more forums for skaters these days to do that. There just a handful of shows and a lot of the skater in them still have one foot at least in competitive skating. There have been some wonderful show skating since Curry. Perhaps I'm a little harsh. I'd probably do well to look back at some performances especially in the heydey of professional skating. But still, there's something about Curry that goes beyond just beautiful skating, of which there is much out there. I can't explain it, not being an art expert myself.