Ice Dancing and Johnny Fan
Ladies Roster presumptive
Last time around I had to wait to confirm an extra spot was already being made available at Nebelhorn, but I doubt any spots will be given back by countries at this time, so her we go, all entries locked, probable, and possible in the ladies, plus the first four alternates:
1. KOR: Yu-Na Kim, locked
2. KOR: Hae-Jin Kim, very probable
3. KOR: So-Youn Park, probable(is anyone else old enough?)
4. ITA: Carolina Kostner, locked
5. ITA: Valentina Marchei, locked
6. JPN: Mao Asada, locked
7. JPN: Kananko Murakami, probable
8. JPN: Akiko Suzuki, frontrunner over Miki Ando, Satoko Miyahara, & Haruka Imai
9. USA: Ashley Wagner, probable
10. USA: Gracie Gold, frontrunner over all listed below
11. USA: Alissa Czisny, or Mirai Nagasu, or Agnes Zawadzki, or Courtney Hicks, or Christina Gao, or Samantha Cesario, or Ashley Cain, or...
12. CHN: Zijun Li, locked
13. CHN: Kexin Zhang, probable
14. CAN: Kaetlyn Osmond, locked
15. CAN: Gabrielle Daleman, slight frontrunner over Amelie Lacoste, Alaine Chartrand, Julianne Seguin, & Veronik Mallet
16/17. RUS: Elizaveta Tuktamisehva & Adelina Sotnikova, frontrunners over Julia Lipnitskaia, Alena Leonova, Nikol Gosviani, & Polina Korobeynikova
18. FRA: Mae Berenice Meite, frontrunner over Yretha Silete, Anais Ventard, Laurie Lecavelier, Leanelle Gilleron-Gory, & Lena Marocco
19. SWE: Viktoria Helgesson, frontrunner over Joshi Helgesson
20. UKR: Natalia Popova, probable
21. EST: Elena Glebova, locked
22. SVK: Monika Simancikova, frontrunner over Nicole Rajicova
23. GER: Nathalie Wienzierl, frontrunner over Sarah Hecken
24. GBR: Jenna McCorkell, locked
25. AUS: Brooklee Han, frontrunner over Chantelle Kerry
26. GEO: Elene Gedevanishvili, locked
27. NOR: Anne Line Gjersem, heavy frontrunner over Camilla Gjersem
28. AUT: Kerstin Frank, probable
29. CZE: Elizaveta Ukolova, named by winning the spot
30. BRA: Isadora Williams, locked
1. LTU: Inga Januleviciute
2. FIN: Kiira Korpi if she's healthy, Juulia Turkkila if she is not
3. LUX: Fleur Maxwell
4. MEX: Reyna Hamui
Julia should now be 1st choice for Russia
I agree. Lipnitskaia is quite consistent and should likely deny Tuktamysheva or Sotnikova a team spot.
I also don't think Suzuki is fighting for third, and could certainly get the 2nd spot over Murakami (I feel like it'll be those two and Asada).
As for the Americans, Gold and Wagner are probably going, but I think Zawadski and Hicks have a better chance than Nagasu or Gao and all have a better chance than Czisny (right now, I think Zhang has a better shot).
Viktoria had a bad start to the season, and it'll be a bit of a heartbreaker that both Helgesson sisters won't get to go to Sochi.
I know Li skated very well at Worlds last year, but I'm not quite ready to call her a lock. Kexin was 7th the year before, although she's not skating well either. I just don't think it's an absolute certainty. Li should make the team though.
As time fades, a legend grows...
Always interesting to re-visit our assumptions; what we emphasized and/or what we regarded as a minor issue. How little did we know how explosive the decision for that final 3rd spot was going to be. And as for So-Youn Park, it seems like a no-brainer now.
Originally Posted by MissIzzy