OG figure skating schedule | Golden Skate

OG figure skating schedule

Maxi

Rinkside
I've found the schedule for OG figure skating.
I think it's crazy to have this schedule. I hope everyone will be great

Day Date Start Finish Event
Day 1 Thursday February 6th 19:30 22:55 Team trophy pair short
Team trophy men's short
Day 2 Saturday February 8th 18:30 23:00 Team trophy ice dance short
Team trophy women's short
Team trophy pair free
Day 3 Sunday February 9th 19:30 21:55 Team trophy men's free
Team trophy ice dance free
Team trophy women's free
Day 5 Tuesday February 11th 19:00 22:20 Pair skating short
Day 6 Wednesday February 12th 19:45 22:45 Pair skating free
Day 7 Thursday February 13th 19:00 23:30 Men's single short
Day 8 Friday February 14th 19:00 23:05 Men's single free
Day 10 Sunday February 16th 19:00 22:45 Ice dance short
Day 11 Monday February 17th 19:00 22:20 Ice dance long
Day 13 Wednesday February 19th 19:00 23:30 Women's single short
Day 14 Thursday February 20th 19:00 22:55 Women's single free
Day 16 Saturday February 22nd 20:30 23:30 Gala exhibition

ice coverage

Record Breaker
I've found the schedule for OG figure skating.

Latest version of the schedule (Jul 2013) has a few revised times (but not dates) for specific events.
For example, too bad that the skating gala now is only 2.5 hrs (instead of three hrs). :eek:hwell:

(To read the schedule at the link above, place your cursor over one of the yellow boxes for figure skating, and the event names and times for that day will pop up.)

Country
Russia
What a horrible schedule!
Poor skaters, especially pairs.
Pairs have FS just after Dance and Ladies SP. So they know, what 5 of 10 teams will be at FS, just before their (Pairs) skating at FS.
8th Feb - Team FS for Pairs, 11th Feb - SP for Pairs. Lack of time to restore.

vera01

Final Flight
Pairs have FS just after Dance and Ladies SP. So they know, what 5 of 10 teams will be at FS, just before their (Pairs) skating at FS.

Yes, it was exactly my thought after I saw the schedule!

I'm really wondering if Russia would be willing to send V/T for pairs FS(or even SP) for team event. While Team would be a nice event to compete at for skaters/dancers who aren't considered as medal contenders in their on disciplines, I don't think it would be for medal contenders-unless they're solid locks for medals of any color.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
To play devil's advocate, I would ask whether Olympic schedules for many competitors in swimming (or track, speedskating, cycling, etc.) are more demanding than what is in store for pair skaters?
For each distance at which swimmers compete, they might have to survive one or more qualifying heats to reach the final. Many of them compete at more than one distance -- and in more than one stroke (freestyle, back, breast, fly, IM). And many of them compete both as individuals and as members of relay teams.
Does anyone know how many separate times Michael Phelps swam at each of his Olympics? And within how many days? The number of his swims would be greater than the number of events he entered.

And the best gymnasts perform in the team competition (on one or more apparatus); in the individual all-around competition (on all six or four apparatus, depending on gender); and in one or more of the individual apparatus competitions.

OTOH, winning more than two medals per Games is well within the realm of possibility for top swimmers, gymnasts, etc.
The max. for skaters will be only two. :eek:hwell:

ice coverage

Record Breaker

Yes, it was exactly my thought after I saw the schedule!

I'm really wondering if Russia would be willing to send V/T for pairs FS(or even SP) for team event. While Team would be a nice event to compete at for skaters/dancers who aren't considered as medal contenders in their on disciplines, I don't think it would be for medal contenders-unless they're solid locks for medals of any color.

Re Savchenko/Szolkowy:
Their coach told IN that they will not compete in the Sochi team event, even if Germany qualifies for the team event. :(

With Peter Liebers and ice dancers Nelli Zhiganshina and Alexander Gazsi moving up the ranks, Germany may qualify for the new Olympic team event. If it does, it will compete without its stars.

"We have already told the federation that we are not going to take part in the team event in Sochi," Steuer said. "It is too close to our own competition. The gold medal in our individual event is more important to us. It is why we have been working so hard since 2010."

ice coverage

Record Breaker

(To read the official schedule at the link above, place your cursor over one of the yellow boxes for figure skating, and the event names and times for that day will pop up.)

Disclaimer: I think it's possible that the schedule still is being tweaked, but when I last checked the link above at the beginning of December, it was (in local time) as follows.
The dates/times below are in some cases slight revisions of those in this thread's OP (from back in April).

Thu Feb 6, 19:30-22:55
Team: Men's SP, Pair SP​

Sat Feb 8, 18:30-23:05
Team: SD, Ladies SP, Pairs FS​

Sun Feb 9, 19:00-22:10
Team: Men's FS, Ladies FS, FD​

Tue Feb 11, 19:00-22:25
Pairs SP​

Wed Feb 12, 19:45-23:00
Pairs FS​

Thu Feb 13, 19:00-23:30
Men's SP​

Fri Feb 14, 19:00-23:25
Men's FS​

Sun Feb 16, 19:00-22:45
SD​

Mon Feb 17, 19:00-22:35
FD​

Wed Feb 19, 19:00-23:30
Ladies SP​

Thu Feb 20, 19:00-23:10
Ladies FS​

Sat Feb 22, 20:30-23:00
Gala exhibition​

ice coverage

Record Breaker
The color-coded Sochi figure skating schedule, including practices:

What is at the link above is current as of Dec 27 -- but I don't recall seeing it posted earlier on GS.

The three-page schedule runs from Jan 30 to Feb 22.

ETA:

The detailed schedule for team skating (in local time)

6 February
  • 19:30 Team Men Short Program
  • 21:10 Team Pairs Short Program
8 February
  • 18:30 Team Ice Dance Short Dance
  • 20:10 Team Ladies Short Program
  • 22:05 Team Pairs Free Skating
9 February
  • 19:00 Team Men Free Skating
  • 20:05 Team Ladies Free Skating
  • 21:10 Team Ice Dance Free Dance

For the individual disciplines, the start times in the post above remain in effect.

Official schedule and results page:
http://www.sochi2014.com/en/figure-skating-schedule-and-results