Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help for Finnish translation

On the Ice

Help for Finnish translation

Hello, I am a long time lurker in this forum.

I have been waiting for the following two videos in Finnish translated to English in vain.
    My patience finally ran out and I'd like to ask you people a favor today.

It's Yuna's sp and lp from the Worlds a month ago. I believe Laura Lepistö'
    debuted as a commentator here. I'd love to know what she has to say.
    Would some kind-hearted Finnish person please translate this into English?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfgGsf0cZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fzpt...layer_embedded
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-23-2013 at 01:02 AM.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    I'd like to know too!

Welcome to posting at Golden Skate, Hamil! Post long & often!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 04-23-2013 at 01:10 AM.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Hamil View Post
    Hello, I am a long time lurker in this forum.

I have been waiting for the following two videos in Finnish translated to English in vain.
    My patience finally ran out and I'd like to ask you people a favor today.

It's Yuna's sp and lp from the Worlds a month ago. I believe Laura Lepistö'
    debuted as a commentator here. I'd love to know what she has to say.
    Would some kind-hearted Finnish person please translate this into English?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfgGsf0cZA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Fzpt...layer_embedded
    I can do it!

Custom Title
    Short program:

Man: She looks very cool and also very concentrated.
    Laura: It is known that Yuna doesn't show her feelings too much except when it she is skating.
    Man: We can only guess her feelings in her head and maybe even her body. Here we go, the return after two year’s break.
    Laura: 3lz+3t very convincingly!
    Man: I think we got the answer already! Amazing interpretation since the first seconds, the glide and speed is what it used to be and she perfectly nailed her opening jump.
    Laura: Also the triple flip. I would also emphasize the speed and glide that Yuna has when she arrives to the jumps. Especially if you see her live, her jumps are awesome, they are long and high and done with fast speed.
    Laura: And double axel straight from Yuna’s trademark Ina Bauer. One could say that Yuna is Back.
    Man: Yes, and the way she is back. Her performance is breath taking so far.
    Laura: WOW (gasps)
    Man: Welcome back, Yuna Kim! Amazing performance, after two years break it seems like she never wouldn't have been away from the ice. She continues where she left at Worlds 2011 except she might even be better, we’ll see that on Sunday. She is a World Champion and the Olympic Champion from Vancouver. Cool and calm after her performance, I think she knew what was going to happen. She has done a lot of work and now just showed it to the whole figure skating world. Amazing, amazing performance.
    Laura: Yes, it was amazing and I know that Yuna does these jumps clean in practices like a machine but still she had said in the interviews that she is very nervous and feels a bit pressure even from herself. She has decided to come back and has decided to do it properly! She has trained hard and you can see it. The quality is as good as it was a couple of years ago.
    Man: The music is James Bernard’s Kiss of Vampire and it can be a metaphor what it means to the other ladies in this competition. The champion is back and standard has been lifted extremely high and the rest of the ladies know what one has to do to beat this woman. But is it possible, that’s another story.
    Laura: Yes the standard is now very high but we have still lots of ladies coming so this is going to be a very exciting competition!
    Man: Yes and it’s good that we got this kind of top performance so hopefully it stimulates other big names in this competition to stretch themselves on Sunday to their best. She smiles a bit but she doesn't give away a lot of herself except on the ice and that’s the most essential thing. 69.97, she has gotten almost 80 points as her best, maybe the judges showed that she has been away for awhile. I’m most interested about her PCS.

Custom Title
    Free program:

Man: Yuna Kim, 22 years old South Korean Olympic Champion. She used to be a World Champion as well and now she returns on ice after two years break. She continued her short program from where she used to left, it was amazing and she has a big lead. But we saw Kostner’s and Asada’s great performances, what is Yuna Kim’s answer, we will see it now.
    Laura: There we saw her answer; she started with a 3lutz+3toe combo. I have to say her combos are long and done with a great speed, they almost take half of this rink. Also, 3 flip, convincingly. 3S.
    Man: Perfect.
    Laura: 3Lutz, as well with a perfect quality. Double axel, with a triple combo. 3S+2toe. There is no single mistake in her jumps. That’s special. Finally she ends with a double axel.
    Man: We have nothing to add, let’s listen and watch how the audience reacts first.
    Laura: If I said “wow” about her short program I don’t know what to say about this one. Maybe I’m just silent.
    Man: We have run out of words, she’s back like they would say in North America. But that’s how you summarize it, an unbelievable performance. Two perfect, mistake free programs ,what an amazing way to end these World Championships in Ontario. What an amazing way to end a very good ladies competition, we saw a lot of good performances, we saw drama, Kostner’s rise to the second, we can say it now because no one can stop this woman at the moment when she’s on. Yuna Kim returns to her throne, she is the queen of this afternoon.
    Laura: As you said, it was amazing ladies competition and it was great to end it with this pearl. Yuna is a special talent, her jumps are long and high, done with fast speed. Especially the quality she can do this kind of 4 minute performance, not a minor mistake, it’s unbelievable. She was very concentratetd in her short program it lacked some feeling but in this program we saw that side, too so we can say that she is back in the competition.
    Man: (tells about the upcoming gala and next season’s competitions) 218.31, with over 20 points gap she returns to number one (tells the rest of the results)

Custom Title
    Thank you for the translation, glam!

Custom Title
    Thanks so much, Glam!

Tripping on the Podium
    WOW, thanks so much, Glam.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Congratulations on your first post smoothiw! Welcome!

And thank you, glam!

Custom Title
    You're welcome!

On the Ice
    Thank you so much, glam, for your translation!

and dorispulaski, thank you for your warm welcome!

Custom Title
    Thank you very much for the translation.

Custom Title
    Thanks a bunch, glam, for that excellent translation. A demonstration (if yet another one is needed) that the Finns are connoisseurs of skating.

Awesome! I'm really glad to hear Laura is commentating. She sounds like she's very thoughtful in her comments.

Custom Title
    may I ask the translation to Carolina Kostners programs? That would be great too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjxYo...chpILiGsO4kPSh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqYLM...chpILiGsO4kPSh
    thank you in advance

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast