Help for Finnish translation | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Help for Finnish translation

mysticice

Rinkside
Thank you for your kind feedback. You're welcome. I am happy to be able to contribute.

In general Finnish commentators take a positive point of view in their remarks. Negative things such as falls etc. are stated as facts.
Laura's role is more or less to be the technical expert.

mysticice

Rinkside
Carolina Kostner’s Long Program WC2013:

Man: Carolina Kostner’s nose is bleeding. I have seen this before. I don’t know the reason but some people are more sensitive than others. Tough situation.
Laura: Yes. We’ll see how…
Man: After an announcement a skater has one minute to get to an opening pose. Right?
Laura: Yes, at least in normal situations a stopwatch starts ticking.
Man: Michael Huth seems worried. This is a tough situation. Carolina, a 5-time EC, is in the second place after the SP. She is the reigning WC. She has to start her LP in a challenging condition. Apparently, the bleeding has stopped long enough so that she can try to start her free program. We have got some extra drama here.
Laura: Of course it can affect concentration and especially a way to get ready. Hopefully it will not affect the program this time.
Man: And hopefully the first aid acts helped. And finally, hopefully everything is ready. You can see that she has been able to achieve over 130 points in LP. She still has to feel the condition. She seems very concentrated, although she must be feeling turmoil inside. Carolina Kostner, Bolero by Ravel. Now we can see her smile.
Laura: Carolina starts with a high-quality 3Lz. The bleeding doesn’t seem to affect her concentration.
Man: She quickly feels her nose with her hand to make sure it’s not bleeding any more. Luckily it has stopped.
Laura: Carolina started her program very well.
Man: Her glide is so elegant.
Laura: It is very stylish and skilled.
Man: The best in the world.
Laura: She adds 3T to her 3F to make the program more difficult than before.
Man: Now she has to hold her nose during a spin. What drama!
Man: Within years she has grown into a tremendous performer.
Laura: She made a great impression on me during EM in Zagreb. Especially seen live an atmosphere that she is able to create is palpable. Loop was only a single.
Laura: Carolina is able to keep up with the rhythm to do triple jumps despite the single loop. 3S in a 3-jump combination. This is one of the best performances in long time from Carolina. Especially she has brought back the difficulty.
Man: Ouch!
Laura: What a shame! That final salchow is insane. When it is done well it works for effect. Now it can be seen how difficult it is to put a jump at the end of a program when a skater is tired.
Man: All in all a wonderful performance and a fantastic fight. It is amazing how she could concentrate. Of course we are talking about a top athlete who has had situations similar to this one before. But it is wild in an aesthetic sport like this when you have to perform holding your nose wondering what’s going to happen. This time the result was wonderful. She skipped the GP Series last fall and probably pondered about her career. Luckily for us she found her motivation. We could enjoy her truly fantastic skating.
Laura: This was indeed a fantastic program. Seen live it is a compelling program. Carolina has added difficulty to this program. We saw 3F+3T. She didn’t do 3Lz many times last season despite the fact that she won everything. Her skating looks very good. New motivation can be seen in her smile.
Man: That is new. I remember her when she was just a girl in Torino in 2006. Now she is 26 years old and has lots of experience. Carolina is a good example of someone who is very tall for a skater and has long legs. At best a skater like that can bring impressiveness and glide to her skating. It is delightful to watch.
Laura: Yes, Carolina is definitely one of the most impressive skaters at the moment.
Man: Now she is a little embarrassed because the bleeding doesn’t stop. A warm-hearted skater.
Laura: And a very likeable person.
Man: Second after SP. Now she takes the top position. LP over 131 points. PCS over 70. Wild points.

npavel

On the Ice
Carolina Kostner’s Long Program WC2013:
Man: Carolina Kostner’s nose is bleeding.......
Man: Second after SP. Now she takes the top position. LP over 131 points. PCS over 70. Wild points.
thank you so much. I really enjoyed read it. I always wondered about what they said. I love when commentators focus on the god part of skating. Swedish commentators does that too. They always find a kind word after skaters competition :)