Denis Ten | Page 4 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
Big congratulations D10! I'll be rooting for you to be on that podium at Worlds! :cheer:

chairmanmao

Final Flight
He had some really scratchy landing on his axel passes so I'm not as convinced this performance would topple Hanyu. I got so giddy when I saw his scores and I thought he had a flawless performance but then I saw the protocols and then finally I saw his performance and I was like Oh no!:unsure:. Still I'm hoping him or Javi somehow gets the gold over Hanyu.

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
So happy that he went clean on his FS. Congrats on a clean competition! Very few top men have accomplished that! It's an amazing feat :cheer:

Silvia451

Record Breaker
Country
Romania
He makes me cry, really. I'm so happy for him. Maybe this competition gave him enough confidence. He doesn't need anything else for the WC, but lots of confidence. :clap:

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
Congratulations Denis! His FS took my breath away, absolutely fabulous! :bow:

yyyskate

Record Breaker
LP +3 step sequence, what did Denis wanna tell us:scratch:
... I was waiting for my condor, finally he returned. I ride my condor, fly, fly, fly cross mountain, fy cross ocean,
Finally I am home. so happy, let dance dance, dance together :cheer:
:biggrin:

Warwick360

Medalist
More than his win (and his win was awesome), I'm more than grateful for Ten choosing such a good music that I had not come across. Just for that I'd have given him 10s in PCS. :points:

Made such a good change for my ears from the MUSIC OF THE NIGHTTTTTT!!!!!! :hb:

shiroKJ

Back to the forest you go.
Record Breaker
Denis now has the 3rd highest total ever behind only Patrick and Yuzuru.
Denis's LP score is the 5th highest behind Patrick and Yuzuru.
Denis's SP score is the 6th highest behind Patrick/Yuzuru/Machida.
Denis also joins the exclusive club of 100+ TES in FS; only other members of this club is Yuzuru and Patrick

:clap:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Congratulations for winning the 4CC title!

The performances were thrilling and gave me goosebumps. I can't wait how you and the other contenders would do at Worlds! :cheer:

GF2445

Record Breaker
Since Denis' FS wasn't absolutely perfect, combined with the fact that Denis lays down one clean program a season gives me confidence that he can win worlds this year and become a huge force.

Noolan

On the Ice
A big interview with Denis in Russian right after the 4СC.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eX5kh36-jw

He says 4CC was his main event for the season, that's the competition he was working up to. Grand Prix events, he says, were just part of his training, part of him building up that momentum for 4CC. Not sure what that means in regards to the Worlds. Apparently it's not his main competition this season :eek:hwell:

MIM

Medalist
I am watching Denis' programs over and over again. Truly truly amazing!
I don't know what instruments they are at the climax of his FS footwork and spin...some sorts of strings? I love the depth and the charm of the music and DENIS....

Rissa

Record Breaker
Denis now has the 3rd highest total ever behind only Patrick and Yuzuru.
Denis's LP score is the 5th highest behind Patrick and Yuzuru.
Denis's SP score is the 6th highest behind Patrick/Yuzuru/Machida.
Denis also joins the exclusive club of 100+ TES in FS; only other members of this club is Yuzuru and Patrick

:clap:

The next season when Patrick returns is going to be fierce:biggrin: Three contenders for gold! :yay:

firal

Record Breaker
I like Denis on an off ice; he seems like a great person, but am I the only one who is a little miffed about this attitude of "I don't care about the GP series"? I know that is not his direct quote, but there is a way to say you were focusing your energy on the 4cc without making it sound like those who work hard and succeed in the GP series are kind of beneath you...hopefully I am making some sense. I guess I am just an idealist who wants skaters to skate and give it all no matter what competition it is.

matmuh

what are levels anyway
Record Breaker
I like Denis on an off ice; he seems like a great person, but am I the only one who is a little miffed about this attitude of "I don't care about the GP series"? I know that is not his direct quote, but there is a way to say you were focusing your energy on the 4cc without making it sound like those who work hard and succeed in the GP series are kind of beneath you...hopefully I am making some sense. I guess I am just an idealist who wants skaters to skate and give it all no matter what competition it is.

you are making sense, i was thinking the same thing and afraid that i am the only one, he really seems like a nice person , apart from other skaters it also feels like kinda disrespectful to the people who went to see him for GPS, no guarantee that he would be clean during the GP if he saw them not only as part of his training, falls happen but at least you know that the skater did their best ,
wish him all the best for the worlds and congratz for his very well deserved gold

s_parks

Record Breaker
Interesting, I didn't interpret it like that. He knows, and Frank knows, he would have more momentum by doing well in the GPs. Denis was considering taking the season off, so he was underprepared. What happened happened, and it'd be stupid to dwell on his poor gp events and let it affect the later part of his season, and frankly, it is important to peak at the right time(aka world's and olympics), especially in figure skating. I highly doubt he truly doesn't care about the gp. Doing well there would boost his reputation and trust with judges.