Denis Ten | Page 5 | Golden Skate

Denis Ten

firal

Record Breaker
Interesting, I didn't interpret it like that. He knows, and Frank knows, he would have more momentum by doing well in the GPs. Denis was considering taking the season off, so he was underprepared. What happened happened, and it'd be stupid to dwell on his poor gp events and let it affect the later part of his season, and frankly, it is important to peak at the right time(aka world's and olympics), especially in figure skating. I highly doubt he truly doesn't care about the gp. Doing well there would boost his reputation and trust with judges.

Yes, the way you interpret it is what I would like him to mean; that he peaks into the season and frankly skaters excel at different times, some at their Nationals, some early on, so in that way it is totally okay. I

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I have always liked Dennis but that 4CC skate was one of the most well rounded and meaningful skates of the season. I think it will be the one that sets the bar for all others going forward, at least in my eyes. I hope he does well at the WC's and sticks around a few more years.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
Can't believe I had to go to the third page to find this thread! :shocked:

Anyway, I just wanted to show the forum this lovely photo of Denis and a certain somebody ( ;) :love: ) wearing traditional Kazakh dress. And this seemed the most appropriate place to do it.

A magical day in Almaty!

Thanks to Anna for sharing this photo with us!

And while I'm at it, here is another a photo of them with a certain Mr. Joubert and one of the best Male-Male Pairs teams around, Jean-Denis Sanchis (FRA) / Aleksander Liubchenko (UKR).

Anna Ovcharova, Aleksander Liubchenko, Brian Joubert, Denis Ten, and Jean-Denis Sanchis at Medeo

Thanks to Denis for sharing this photo with us!

Hope you like them

CaroLiza_fan

Last edited:

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
is that girl Denis' girl friend?
there is 3A between snow mountains
https://instagram.com/p/z89Y4aO4_y/
and
https://instagram.com/p/z4zvwMO4yA/
just legendary!

I hope not... :eek:

That's Anna Ovcharova (ISU Bio). Anna is originally from Moscow, and used to skate for Russia at Junior level. But then she had a lot of problems with one of her legs, and was out of action for a long time.

During her period away, Anna's family moved to Geneva. In 2013, Anna was 2nd in her first Swiss Championships. Then, last year, she won them, and was selected to represent Switzerland at the World Championships, where she impressed a lot of people.

This year, she was scheduled to make her Senior GP debut at the NHK Trophy, but instead made her debut as a late replacement at the TEB. Neither GP went as well as hoped (11th in Japan, 12th in France)

Anna finished 2nd at this year's Nationals, behind Eveline Brunner. Hence, Eveline was selected for this year's Worlds, with Anna the reserve.

Anna and Denis have been really good friends for years. So, I think that is why she was invited to whatever this event is!

Sorry for hijacking the thread, but eveybody who has been here a while knows that I am a real fan-boy when it comes to Anna! ;) :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
That was a great interview. Such a sweet and humble young man. Great to hear that he is planning on
having another ice show. His show last year was first rate. Good luck to him at Worlds!

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
OK, I just went to post the video link to Brian's Fan Fest, and found that gallavich posted it in there last night. Oops! :eek::

Brian skated in a show with Denis Ten in Almaty, KZ last weekend, as some might know.

Interview with some photos

Video (behind the scenes & some footage of Brian in practice - I didn't see any video from the show yet)

The scenery is so beautiful (outdoor rink in the mountains)!

The interview is very intersting, but I do despair at some of the questions that these journalists ask!

CaroLiza_fan

yyyskate

Record Breaker
http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XOTE5MjkxNTk2.html
Denis' LP run-through fancam.
noticeable changes in choreo, especially nuances, compare to 4CC, movement flows even better with music. I really love how Denis and choreo interprets the texture and feel of traditional Chinese instrument Xiao here. it is a nostalgic instrument. it has the feeling of attachment, although reluctant to part with but ... have to. Like a Condor circling around in the sky before finally departure.

Last edited:

foruiz

Final Flight
noticeable changes in choreo, especially nuances, compare to 4CC, movement flows even better with music. I really love how Denis and choreo interprets the texture and feel of traditional Chinese instrument Xiao here. it is a nostalgic instrument. it has the feeling of attachment, although reluctant to part with but ... have to. Like a Condor circling around in the sky before finally departure.

Thanks for the link! Oooh, nice one D10!

Maria Victoria

Record Breaker

Wow! Thanks for sharing. I am aware Western commentators (Simon Reed, Kurt Browning) do not seem to "get" Denis' program, but I find it beautiful and evocative.

Last edited: