Best Ladies performances after 2009-2010
After Vancouver and Torino Worlds, there have been so many beautiful programs, and I tried to choose my favourite 10 SP and 10 FS judging both technically and emotionally (I left out some programs that were very good technically, but that left me "cold", emotionally).
1) Mao Asada 2013 4CC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5MMw-a-Jc0
2) Carolina Kostner 2012 WTT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IutFxNBUujU
3) Akiko Suzuki 2012 WTT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mmEMlrELvzc
4) Yu-Na Kim 2012 NRW Trophy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MkQGJIefZx0
5) Kiira Korpi 2011 Euros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9pJ-dBI1Jk
6) Kanako MUrakami 2012 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-SnT1wRDA
7) Alena Leonova 2012 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iais8SwERwU
8) Miki Ando 2011 Worlds SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIoMMCgwQyM
9) Yu-Na Kim 2013 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MfgGsf0cZA
10) Mao Asada 2012 NHK Trophy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sN8eSJfyZ0
1) Yu-Na Kim 2013 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6d3XEp6mg0
2) Akiko Suzuki 2012 NHK Trophy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOuaUMgFOcg
3) Yu-Na Kim 2013 Korean Nationals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hs2qSP0ZfUU
4) Carolina Kostner 2012 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOf6-8lT9t0
5) Alena Leonova 2011 Worlds http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcQdY1c7Mk
6) Akiko Suzuki 2013 WTT http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff3PEs2jsYs
7) Sarah Meier 2011 Euros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9akOqp9fKc
8) Ashley Wagner 2012 TEB http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5enxqwYi7nY
9) Miki Ando 2011 4CC http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXJD420s_N0
10) Carolina Kostner 2012 Italian Nationals http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5RDSv7NAZM
Let me know what you think!
I know it'll seem like I'm being biased, but I really liked Osmond's SP at Worlds this year. The music was fun and vivacious (like Mao's, it "stood out") and she executed her jumps well. Mao's 4CC SP definitely tops the list though, which is surprising because I hated her SP at the beginning of the season (I thought it made her look like she was 12 years old again, but she managed to help it mature but retain its light, playfulness) and she certainly disproved the skeptics (myself, included) who wondered if she'd get her 3A back.
Suzuki's 4CC FS was my favourite to watch, but Kim's Worlds FS had everything you would want in a FS.
Thanks for the compilation by the way!
alissa czisny at nationals 2011
Definitely leonova at 2011 euros in the free skate and 2012 worlds in the free skate.
My favorite program both technically and emotionally
Yuna kim fs 2013 worlds http://youtu.be/J6d3XEp6mg0
Murakami kanako sp 2013 worlds http://youtu.be/y5PW_XheB8g
After 2013 WC, watched this repeatedly with yuna's fs..
The best thing was I felt her jump is part of the performance. The first 2a was
1. Sing, Sing, Sing- Mao Asada 2013 4CC
2. Kill Bill/One Upon A Time In Mexico Akiko Suzuki 2013 4CC
3. Piano Concerto Shostakovich 2012 WTT
4. Kiss of A Vampire 2013 WC Yu-Na Kim
5. Hungarian Waltz Akiko Suzuki 2012 WTT.
6. The Mission- Miki Ando 2012 WC
7. Adelina Sotnikova 2013 WTT.
8. Kanako Murakami 2013 WC.
9. Alena Leonova 2012 WC
10. Kaetlyn Osmond 2013 WC
1. Les Miserables - Yu-Na Kim 2013 Worlds.
2. "O"- Akiko Suzuki 2012 NHK Trophy
3. Bolero- Carolina Kostner http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gc5CQgFC0YE 2013 Italian Nationals
4. Miki Ando 2012 4CC
5.Swan Lake Mao Asada 2012 Japan Open
6. The Black Swan- Ashley Wagner 2012 4CC.
7. Samson and Delilah- Ashley Wagner 2012 Skate America
8. Elizaveta Tuktamysheva 2013 Europeans LP
9. Sleeping Beauty - Zijun Li 2013 WC
10. Gracie Gold Life is Beautiful 2013 US Nationals
- * -
I really liked both of Ashley Wagner's long programs on the GP series this past fall.
I wouldn't have a problem if I had to pick just one - Caroline Zhang's SP "The Rushing Wings of Dawn" at 2012 nationals. Pure magic and that 3L-3L! It was a true redempion for Caroline, at least for that season.
Other's would be
2) Mao's Swan Lake at 2013 4CC
3) Akiko's 'O' at 2012 NHK Trophy
4) Makarova's short at 2012 worlds and europeans
5) Ashley's Black Swan at 2012 Nationals
6) Mao's Scheherazade at 2012 nationals
7) Yuna's Les Mis at worlds
8) Li Zijun's Sleeping Beauty at both worlds and 4cc.
9) Alena's "Witches" at 2011 worlds
10) Elizaveta's long at 2011 Eric Bombard
11) Polina's Rachmaninov at 2012 europeans
Definitely in that order. Based mainly on how much I adored them, how much they stuck in my head and how many times I've rewatched them.
This is really hard....
SPs: Yuna 2013, Mao 2013, Akiko 2012 and 2011, Caro 2013 and 2011, Kanako 2011 and 2012 and 2013, Kiira 2013, Ksenia 2012, and Elene 2012 and 2013
FSs: Yuna 2011 and 2013, Mao 2011 and 2013, Akiko 2011 and 2013, Kanako 2013, Elizaveta 2013, Polina K 2012, Alissa 2011, and Gracie 2013.
1. Yuna Kim 2013 Worlds: highly compelling and the most idiosyncratic program in her career. The absolutely perfect execution of the step sequence makes it #1
2. Carolina Kostner 2013 Europeans: Shame about the fall, but overall well-structured and beautifully choreographed and it doesn't look empty for her standards. I can finally sense some sort of sophistication in her arm movements she never used to have.
3. Carolina Kostner 2012 WTT
4. Mao Asada 2012 GPF
5. Kiira Korpi 2012 Finlandia Trophy
6. Adelina Sotnikova 2013 Europeans
can't come down to Earth
It is almost shocking how much better this performance was over her other outings.
Originally Posted by Moment
Just today, for comparison's sake, I played this alongside her 2013 Worlds performance and the difference is like night and day. At Euros, her entire act (ESPECIALLY the amazing step sequences) hit every. single. nuance of the music. When it comes together like that, it's a rare, brilliant thing and Lori Nichol deserves all the praise for its conception and Carolina for the execution (although it would have been better without the overdramaticized hand-shaking moments LOL.)
And yet, it was at Worlds where she received higher Performance and Interpretation marks.
Oh well. I definitely rank Caro's Euro 2013 SP as one of the best of this quad so far, one that I will re-visit time and time again.
Euro 2013 SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWHYELM1w6g
Worlds 2013 SP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNLvKCQEXdA
Open two browsers and play them side by side. You'll see what I mean...
This was my favourite moment at Worlds because it showed how, even after a fall, she was totally into her character and how she was still focused 100% on the interpretation, even if she had a 2A still to do...
Originally Posted by prettykeys