Hybrid View

Custom Title

Mr. Nicks retiring?

Seems to be official, too much travel.

http://web.icenetwork.com/news/artic...&vkey=ice_news

Missing Tdizzle and SDiggity golden411's Avatar
    Excerpt of tweet yesterday from ‏@AshWagner2010:
    "Life has been throwing me a lot of curve balls lately.."

But see her full tweet here: https://twitter.com/AshWagner2010/st...82051142934528

I knew Mr. Nicks was up there in age but had no idea he was 84. Good lord he deserves a rest. lol

Curious on what direction Ashley will take. I suppose it will depend on where her new coach is based.

It sounds like Mr. Nicks is willing to be an adviser to Ashley but like he said in the article, it is up to Ashley.

Thanks for sharing the article and tweet and best of luck to Ashley!

The good news is there are a lot of great coaches in S. California. Maybe she could join her BFF Adam Rippon and go to Arutyunyan? As far as I know his only high profile students are Nathan Chen and Adam. And he isn't really coaching any ladies at the moment....

Custom Title
    This makes Phillip Mills leaving even bigger now because he would have most likely took over as her coach as well as choreographer. This is the last thing Ashley needs heading into the Olympic year.

I hope she will keep working with Nicks the USA, though: she can maybe train 1/2 of the time with him, and 1/2 with another coach who can go with her at the competitions...

Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post
    I hope she will keep working with Nicks the USA, though: she can maybe train 1/2 of the time with him, and 1/2 with another coach who can go with her at the competitions...
    This, but I don't envy her the decision. From what I get from the article he is willing to keep coaching her full time, but not willing to travel. Under those circumstances I'd probably stick with him if I were her.

I am actually surprised he's not going to stick out the Oly year. I feel him about travel stinking but he always seems to have so much spirit I'd have thought he's want to be in Sochi.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FSGMT View Post

Even before now, Mills did the day to day coaching. Don't see Nicks doing half time now.