Thread: Chan's 2013 Worlds LP (CBC Version)

Custom Title

Chan's 2013 Worlds LP (CBC Version)

Does anyone know where a video of this is posted (either YouTube or elsewhere) I can not seem to find it, and I was interested in their take on Chan's free. Anyone have a copy, or has al ink to one already floating around on the internets? Thanks!

Custom Title
    Can't find it, but I await the onslaught of Chan bashing.

Can't we just say that Patrick did not skate well, after an auspicious start, and that consequently he finished 5 points behind the winner and 18 points behind his own personal best? On to next season!

Custom Title
    I never said anything about bashing anyone. I think I've made my opinion(s) re: Chan, IJS, etc. abundantly and crystal clear. However, I just wanted to see what Canadian broadcasters had to say about it for Canadian consumption. It's always interesting to look at the same program from many different viewpoints (Michelle's SP from the 02 Olympics is a prime example), as I find it helps me not only temper my opinion regarding skaters and programs and maybe gives insight into different aspects as different commentators will say things about different parts of the same program. Also, I do enjoy CBC commentary.

Edit: Redacted because of stupidity.

~high art~
    http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=2vn1j8irzQQ

That was easy. I don't know what is "conspicious?"

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    In format for the PC rather than mobile:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vn1j8irzQQ

Custom Title
    Thanks to both of you. I couldn't find it.

I thought the commentators were fair enough. They pointed out the good along with the bad.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I thought the commentators were fair enough. They pointed out the good along with the bad.
    They did. I have no problems with the commentary

She is PjKwong?

Custom Title
    I'm curious, did they change CBC commentators this year?

Because I remember watching CBC's version of Joshua Farris' LP at Junior Worlds last year, and it was disgusting, they chattered non-stop for four minutes about Lysacek, then Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan, Buttle, Chan, Chan, Chan, Chan...oh, he just finished, hi Josh. And that was literally it. No talking about his actual skating, or about him, or about the points he needed or anything. Just endless babble about Chan.

This year, though, the commentators were much more intelligent, actually talked about the skater skating, and what they were doing, and the overall Junior Worlds situation. They actually talked about JOSH during his long program! They did overlap a little Josh into Jason's program but at least it was a skater at the same event.

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by plushyfan View Post
    She is PjKwong?
    Brenda Irving did the intro. Tracy Wilson and Kurt Browning were the commentators.

Rogue Leader
    PJ Kwong was also doing their coverage for CBC Bold. I didn't watch the video, but if it's only one commentator, it was Kwong.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    Can't we just say that Patrick did not skate well, after an auspicious start, and that consequently he finished 5 points behind the winner and 18 points behind his own personal best? On to next season!
    Yup! I agree.

And zschultz I wasn't saying you were bashing... I just anticipated the usual suspects.

#TeamAUS
    Patrick Chan is a fantastic skater. He moves across the ice like no other person today...or arguably ever. His season was rough but he took risks in order to try and stay heads and shoulders above the rest of the field. I really hope he can work on focusing and compartmentalise his emotions so it doesn't affect his performances in future.