Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Yu-Na Kim to donate winnings

Celebrating the Excellence of #VirtueMoir golden411's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwanatic View Post
    Does anyone know how much money skaters get from doing shows and appearances?
    Big DISCLAIMER:
    I have no idea whether this site would have up-to-date/accurate information, but FWIW as an unconfirmed example, a random listing for Lysacek says, "Appearance Booking Fee Range: $10,000-$20,000."
    This site presumably is quoting fees to speak/appear before general audiences (for example, a corporate group that has nothing to do with skating) -- so compared to many other American skaters, Lysacek would have an advantage with his name recognition as reigning Olympic champion. (Kim obviously is in a stratosphere of her own.)

yaay Yuna, give big and give long to paraphrase golden skate.

Quote Originally Posted by golden411 View Post
    Big DISCLAIMER:
    I have no idea whether this site would have up-to-date/accurate information, but FWIW as an unconfirmed example, a random listing for Lysacek says, "Appearance Booking Fee Range: $10,000-$20,000."
    This site presumably is quoting fees to speak/appear before general audiences (for example, a corporate group that has nothing to do with skating) -- so compared to many other American skaters, Lysacek would have an advantage with his name recognition as reigning Olympic champion. (Kim obviously is in a stratosphere of her own.)
    It utterly amazes me how much people can charge for an appearance - sometimes the fee doesn't even include travel and hotel and meal expenses! $10,000 is not a lot for an appearance fee - we've hired speakers for our annual recognition even that cost that much and the speakers don't have a well known 'name'. There was also a big stink when Rutgers attempted to hire Snooki for the commencement address a few years ago - objections were based upon her fee + because of what she represents.

Custom Title
    That a University would hire someone like Snooki is so very sad. Does everything in the country have to be dumbed down?

Custom Title
    Wow that is an amazing thing to do! So generous of her and very, very kind.

#TeamAUS
    Such a wonderful person. Long live the Queen

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    It utterly amazes me how much people can charge for an appearance - sometimes the fee doesn't even include travel and hotel and meal expenses! $10,000 is not a lot for an appearance fee - we've hired speakers for our annual recognition even that cost that much and the speakers don't have a well known 'name'. There was also a big stink when Rutgers attempted to hire Snooki for the commencement address a few years ago - objections were based upon her fee + because of what she represents.
    Yipes!

Imagine paying her to speak to college students.

I've heard of six-figure speaking fees for real big-name stars, such as former presidents.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    That a University would hire someone like Snooki is so very sad. Does everything in the country have to be dumbed down?
    I may have gotten some the details incorrect, but according to this link http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7305LQ20110401 Snooki was paid $32,000 for a 2 hr town hall - the student activities fees budget paid for it. That's $2000 more than author Toni Morrison charges.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by heyang View Post
    I may have gotten some the details incorrect, but according to this link http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/...7305LQ20110401 Snooki was paid $32,000 for a 2 hr town hall - the student activities fees budget paid for it. That's $2000 more than author Toni Morrison charges.
    Discouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
    Discouraging.
    at least some of the students thought it was too much money..... I also think that attendance by 1000 indicates that a majority of the students weren't interested.

Found this link on what occurred during her appearance. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/201...gers_stud.html

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ehdtkqorl123 View Post
    UNICEF Goodwill Ambassador Yuna Kim says she will donate her Gold prize money of $45,000 from the World Figure Skating Championships to children with disability.
    Wow. How impressive!!! YuNa all these years has been one of the greatest role models not only in figure skating world but in every way!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2